• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Legitimacy

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If Putin's meddling in the US election tipped the scale in favor of Trump, does not that make Trump's presidency questionable?

Why is Trump so eager to downplay that possibility?

First, you have to prove it.

Hillary was a terrible candidate with more baggage than Jet Blue.

If Putin's meddling in the US election tipped the scale in favor of Trump, does not that make Trump's presidency questionable?

Let's hope that's not what Obama wants to use as an excuse for a power grab. It's not very probable, but I don't trust the man at all.

First, you have to prove it.

Hillary was a terrible candidate with more baggage than Jet Blue.

Also, the meddling would have tobe much more severe than publishing information that was true albeit stolen.

Also, the meddling would have tobe much more severe than publishing information that was true albeit stolen.

Not according the much of the DC ELITE, both the D and the R divisions. They today are found playing up fears and weakening confidence in US elections on the flimsiest of excuses.

If the Russians did not manipulate the actual vote numbers then how would their involvement make Trump's Presidency questionable?

If the Russians did not manipulate the actual vote numbers then how would their involvement make Trump's Presidency questionable?

They argue that Russia hacked the DNC and released info which hurt Clinton Corp enough that she lost an election that she would have won.

Not a bit of this is proven fact, we'll see if the DC ELITE can prove anything, they did make the attempt today to prove that Russia hacked the DNC.

Last edited:
They argue that Russia hacked the DNC and released info which hurt Clinton Corp enough that she lost an election that she would have won.

Not a bit of this is proven fact, we'll see if the DC ELITE can prove anything, they did make the attempt today to prove that Russia hacked the DNC.

That is what I have heard way over here too... now the issue would be was the released information true or false. If true then no harm done. If false then there might be.

That is what I have heard way over here too... now the issue would be was the released information true or false. If true then no harm done. If false then there might be.

I agree with this insofar as I don't think it affects Trump's legitimacy as President. But I don't think it's accurate to say there was no harm done if a foreign power hacked us with the intention of influencing our elections, regardless of whether the information is true or not.

I think many of the Republicans in Congress who've talked about it have the right idea on this. Accept Trump as president, but recognize that if it happened then it's a legitimate concern that needs to be dealt with.

Through airing the dirty laundry of one side, and favoring the other, creating a bias in the public.

But in reality that is what campaigns are about, without actual vote number changes, Trump was elected by the american people based on the information they had good or bad (information that is)

Not anymore more than having other foreign leaders endorse presidential candidates which they do every election.

Trump is clearly illegitimate as a president. And for three very good reasons.

1- It is the very mechanism that puts him into office that renders him illegitimate at the same time - the Electoral College. Trump lost the popular vote by over 2,865,000 votes. And that will forever stain him since everyone knows he was NOT the choice of the American people.

2- the illegal Comey letter the played a significant role in turning the election from Clinton to Trump over the last ten days of the campaign

3- the interference by the Russians in our election with their wikileaks releases which hurt Clinton

Trump is the most illegitimate President since Andrew Johnson took over in 1865.

1- It is the very mechanism that puts him into office that renders him illegitimate at the same time - the Electoral College. Trump lost the popular vote by over 2,865,000 votes. And that will forever stain him since everyone knows he was NOT the choice of the American people.

2- the illegal Comey letter the played a significant role in turning the election from Clinton to Trump over the last ten days of the campaign

3- the interference by the Russians in our election with their wikileaks releases which hurt Clinton

Trump is the most illegitimate President since Andrew Johnson took over in 1865.

The only people claiming that nonsense are loony leftists who are sore their candidate lost. Clinton lost because she is a lousier candidate than Trumo. If there was actual evidence not speculation that the Russians hacked the DNC then it would have been released. This whining over letters and what not is just a bogus attempt to draw attention away from Clinton wrong doing.Most of those popular votes are from overcrowded loony leftists cities,so I glad there is mechanism in place to ensure that densely over populated states don't have all the say in who our president is.besides that is loony leftists like to remind us Clinton won the popular vote,so the ALLEGED russian hacking and ALLEGED illegal letter from Comey didn't do squat.

The only people claiming that nonsense are loony leftists who are sore their candidate lost. Clinton lost because she is a lousier candidate than Trumo. If there was actual evidence not speculation that the Russians hacked the DNC then it would have been released. This whining over letters and what not is just a bogus attempt to draw attention away from Clinton wrong doing.Most of those popular votes are from overcrowded loony leftists cities,so I glad there is mechanism in place to ensure that densely over populated states don't have all the say in who our president is.besides that is loony leftists like to remind us Clinton won the popular vote,so the ALLEGED russian hacking and ALLEGED illegal letter from Comey didn't do squat.

Why do you openly show hateful basis towards your fellow Americans simply because they exercise their freedom to live where they want to live?

How can you support a system which gives some voters in some states FOUR times the weight behind their vote than other voters?

Even if true, and Russia did hack, that is indeed troubling. The same would be if say trumps "grab them by the *****" comment was made available by Russian hacking.

I agree with this insofar as I don't think it affects Trump's legitimacy as President. But I don't think it's accurate to say there was no harm done if a foreign power hacked us with the intention of influencing our elections, regardless of whether the information is true or not.

I think many of the Republicans in Congress who've talked about it have the right idea on this. Accept Trump as president, but recognize that if it happened then it's a legitimate concern that needs to be dealt with.

I meant no harm to the validity of the election. My bad. I chose my words poorly. I agree that there is overall harm though.

Through airing the dirty laundry of one side, and favoring the other, creating a bias in the public.

But in reality that is what campaigns are about, without actual vote number changes, Trump was elected by the american people based on the information they had good or bad (information that is)

Like you said that already happens so I am not too concerned about it.

:lol:

Far as I am concern, Trump is the legitimate president elect. He won the old fashioned way of out campaigning Hillary Clinton in the last two weeks leading up to the election. This election was between two bum candidates that should never have been, but was. One of the bums had to lose. It just happened it was the Democratic bum who lost to the Republican bum. Run a decent candidate, one without so much baggage, one who America trusted and wasn't viewed as dishonest and corrupt, one who didn't laugh about putting our classified national security information at risk, etc., etc., etc,, that candidate would have beaten Trump by 10 or more points and probably carried not only Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, but Florida, North Carolina, Iowa as well.

Bottom line, candidates matter. Perhaps instead of crying about the Russians, it might be better if the Democrats choose a candidate the year of the general election instead of four years earlier. Situations and circumstances change, so to does the mood of the country.

Liberals are the biggest whiners ever.

Last one took his loss to the Supreme Court and this one is crying about the Russians wbile personally insulting 50+MILLION Americans.

Way to be classy Liberals! :roll:

:lol:

Even if Russia did it AND it affected the outcome of the election, the results would still be valid. The leaked information was true. Now, if the results were affected by hacked voting machines then that would be a whole other story. But that didn't happen.

First of all, the "meddling" if it actually happened, was to reveal the shenanigans of the Democrat Party. As we have seen in the whole of Obama's Administration, proclamations by the Obama Administration operatives in the DOJ and the IRS are politically driven. No difference here from the Bush Administrations identification of the various WMD presented by the deceived Colin Powell.

There was no meddling in the actual election. The meddling occurred by revealing the real process in the back rooms of the Democrat Party Planners.

That said, the real question is why is the hulabaloo underway now that the horses are out of the corral?

Apparently the guys who have made the charges were aware of the problem months ago and the Campaigner in Chief chose at the time to do nothing.

It was only when he lost that he decided that the process was flawed. Prior to that, his only concern was to attack Trump as a person who would not accept the results of the election. He said it was dangerous to do what he is now doing.

It seems that this topic, like all others, pivots only on the Political Party identifier of the person Obama is a citing. Prior to the election, Obama was pontificating on the sanctity of not challenging the election results.

Barack Obama says Donald Trump's election comments are 'dangerous' and 'not a joking matter'
<snip>
"That is not a joking matter. That is dangerous, because when you try to sow the seeds of doubt in other people's minds about the legitimacy of our elections, that undermines our democracy."
<snip>

Last edited:

From what I know of this, it seems that what needs to be dealt with is the ridiculously stupid action of clicking on a link by John Podesta found in an email of questionable origination.

It sounds as if we are investigating the "Hack" committed by a unknown agents against a moron.

You can't fix stupid.

1. The electoral College is in place. This is not a new thing. If you really want to change this, convene a constitutional convention.

2. If Hillary had not committed the crime and then obstructed justice, destroyed evidence and delayed the investigation by every means, legal and illegal possible, this would have all been public 3 years ago. No matter what else is true of this, the actual crime, the cover up and the timing is squarely on Hillary and her team of criminals.

3. The person at Wikileaks said that the leaks did NOT come from the Russians.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/310654-assange-some-leaks-may-have-been-russian

Your understanding of our electoral process is the most illegitimate in our history.

Back
Top Bottom