• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Legally armed driver shoots, kills gunman to stop fatal shooting spree in Indiana

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
BROWNSBURG, Ind. — A legally armed man shot and killed a gunman in Brownsburg, Ind., after a fatal unprovoked shooting, saving a second victim’s life in the process. The 22-year-old suspect, Joshua Hayes, allegedly attacked two men as they were working in the Brownsburg Cemetery Tuesday afternoon, July 14, Indianapolis-based WISH-TV reported.
Without provocation, Hayes allegedly chased 36-year-old worker Seth Robertson out into an intersection, where he shot and killed him, according to the station.
As Hayes was chasing the second cemetery worker, one of his bullets whizzed into the vehicle of an unidentified good Samaritan who was stopped at a red light near the intersection, injuring him, the Indianapolis Star reported.
That man stepped out of the car, returned fire with a legal weapon and fatally struck Hayes.
“This tragic event could have been much more disastrous,” Brownsburg Police Capt. Jennifer Barrett told WISH. “Victim three not only saved victim two’s life, but he saved potentially the lives of many others. Victim three did exactly what anybody would have wanted him to do at that scene that day.”
Speaking with a WIBC, a local radio station, Second Amendment attorney Guy Relford said he was representing the driver and argued that the shooting was justified.
“My client looked at that and realized there was one thing he could do and that was take action to save an innocent life,” he told the station. “The scenario was fairly clear to him in that one person was chasing another and the other was saying, ‘No, no, no, no, please don’t shoot me.’”
Relford is also a firearms trainer and a weekend host at the radio station.
“They very quickly, the BPD did, determined my client acted completely lawfully and he was justified under Indiana law,” Relford said in the interview.

Legally armed driver shoots, kills gunman to stop fatal shooting spree in Indiana | FOX6Now.com

In Tennessee...

Armed citizen kills intruder at South Nashville home; NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Metro police are investigating after a homeowner shot and killed an intruder in South Nashville Wednesday morning.
The shooting happened just after 6 a.m. at a home in the 300 block of Radnor Street.
Officials told News 2 72-year-old Henry Schuster returned home to find 27-year-old Taylor Lowery inside his residence.
Schuster told police he went out for breakfast and upon returning home, he saw a kitchen window screen laying on the floor along with several other items that were on the window sill.
Schuster got a pistol out and began to search the rooms of his home. He then saw Lowery in the bathroom. He told police Lowery lunged at him, grabbing for the gun. Schuster then shot Lowery and ran outside to call 911. Lowery was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where he later died.
Detectives are calling this shooting a justifiable homicide.

Armed citizen kills intruder at South Nashville home | WKRN News 2

In Texas...

ODESSA, Texas (KOSA) - A 73-year-old man in Howard County shot and injured two suspects during an alleged burglary on Wednesday night. He shared what happened with CBS7.
“They came at me, so I was running backwards,” Ira Thompson said. “I had to shoot because I got up against this truck. So just boom, boom. I’m not sure which one I shot first.”
Authorities identified 39-year-old Rocky Zarraga and 27-year-old Julian Rodriguez Jr. as the suspects.
Thompson said this isn’t first time he’s caught them stealing parts from cars in his wrecking yard.
“Stealing converters,” he said. “Stealing radiators. Tailgates. Air conditioner condensers. Hoods. Just everything.”
Thompson had a handgun, and says he was asking the suspects to put their hands up when they charged him, and he shot.
“Why would somebody be stupid enough to come at me with me having a gun on them?” Thompson asked. “I said ‘Man that’s nothing but birdshot. You’re not going to die. Cause I didn’t want to kill y’all. I knew I was about to catch y’all, cause you got to the point where you just disrespected me so bad’.”

73-year-old veteran shoots alleged burglars

In Mississippi...

BILOXI, Miss. (WKRG) — A man attempting to break into a home was shot and killed early Sunday morning according to Biloxi Police. It happened at a home in the 2400 block of Old Bay Road. A news release says police found a man shot to death in the back yard shortly after 1 am Sunday.
“The initial investigation indicates the deceased was breaking into the residence when confronted by the homeowner. During the confrontation, the decedent was shot and family members immediately called 911. There have been no criminal charges filed and the investigation is ongoing,” said the news release.

Biloxi PD: Homeowner shoots, kills suspect during break-in – WKRG News 5

Everyone have a great and safe weekend. :peace

7/23/20

"Detroit police on Thursday shot and killed a man who they say was a suspect in a quadruple shooting that has four teenagers clinging to life.
According to Detroit Police Chief James Craig, the man who was killed was a suspect in Sunday's block party shooting that sent four teenagers to the hospital: two of them are in grave condition, the other two are in critical condition.
Craig said that police from the 9th Precinct and a gang intelligence unit were doing surveillance on the east side at about 5:30 p.m., looking for a suspect in the quadruple shooting. When they located the suspect, he said, they saw him get into a vehicle where two additional people were inside. Craig said police tried to pull over the vehicle, but that it sped off and led police on a 10-minute high speed chase that ended with the suspect crashing into a pole...
"

Man killed in shooting by Detroit police on east side

7/23/20

"Detroit police on Thursday shot and killed a man who they say was a suspect in a quadruple shooting that has four teenagers clinging to life.
According to Detroit Police Chief James Craig, the man who was killed was a suspect in Sunday's block party shooting that sent four teenagers to the hospital: two of them are in grave condition, the other two are in critical condition.
Craig said that police from the 9th Precinct and a gang intelligence unit were doing surveillance on the east side at about 5:30 p.m., looking for a suspect in the quadruple shooting. When they located the suspect, he said, they saw him get into a vehicle where two additional people were inside. Craig said police tried to pull over the vehicle, but that it sped off and led police on a 10-minute high speed chase that ended with the suspect crashing into a pole...
"

Man killed in shooting by Detroit police on east side

Good, they got him.

7/23/20

"CHATHAM COUNTY, Ga. – A man has been charged with felony murder in connection with a shooting on Whitemarsh Island that left a woman dead early Wednesday morning.
The Chatham County Police Department (CCPD) says officers were called to the 100 block of Forestay Court in the Battery Point subdivision just after 4 a.m. When they arrived, they found a deceased female with an apparent gunshot wound.
The victim has been identified as 34-year-old Samantha Sams.
Witnesses on the scene told detectives there was an altercation between Sams and 34-year-old Christopher Hall. Hall and Sams knew each other, and detectives say this was not a random shooting..."

Man charged with murder in Whitemarsh Island shooting that left woman dead | WSAV-TV

7/23/20

"CHATHAM COUNTY, Ga. – A man has been charged with felony murder in connection with a shooting on Whitemarsh Island that left a woman dead early Wednesday morning.
The Chatham County Police Department (CCPD) says officers were called to the 100 block of Forestay Court in the Battery Point subdivision just after 4 a.m. When they arrived, they found a deceased female with an apparent gunshot wound.
The victim has been identified as 34-year-old Samantha Sams.
Witnesses on the scene told detectives there was an altercation between Sams and 34-year-old Christopher Hall. Hall and Sams knew each other, and detectives say this was not a random shooting..."

Man charged with murder in Whitemarsh Island shooting that left woman dead | WSAV-TV

Whataboutism

7/23/20

"A 20-year-old man was killed and another man wounded early Thursday in a shooting near the CTA Howard Red Line station on Chicago’s border with Evanston, police said.
Brian Carrion, of Glenview, was shot about 1:15 a.m. during an argument near the station in the 300 block of Howard Street, according to Evanston police.
Paramedics with the Chicago Fire Department found him lying on the ground and attempted to revive him, but he was pronounced dead, police said.
Another man, a 21-year-old Evanston resident, was grazed by gunfire, police said. He was treated and released from St. Francis Hospital in Evanston...
"

Evanston shooting: Brian Carrion shot dead near Howard Red Line station - Chicago Sun-Times

7/23/20

"A 20-year-old man was killed and another man wounded early Thursday in a shooting near the CTA Howard Red Line station on Chicago’s border with Evanston, police said.
Brian Carrion, of Glenview, was shot about 1:15 a.m. during an argument near the station in the 300 block of Howard Street, according to Evanston police.
Paramedics with the Chicago Fire Department found him lying on the ground and attempted to revive him, but he was pronounced dead, police said.
Another man, a 21-year-old Evanston resident, was grazed by gunfire, police said. He was treated and released from St. Francis Hospital in Evanston...
"

Evanston shooting: Brian Carrion shot dead near Howard Red Line station - Chicago Sun-Times

Whataboutism once again.

7/23/20

"A husband was killed, and his wife critically wounded, in a shooting inside a Burbank home earlier this week that also left the suspect dead, police said Thursday.
Armen Sahakyan, 41, was fatally shot in an upstairs bedroom around 1:25 a.m. Tuesday at his home in the 900 block of Cambridge Drive, the Burbank Police Department said in a news release. His wife, whose name was not released, was also shot in the bedroom and remains hospitalized in critical condition...
"

Husband killed, wife wounded in Burbank shooting that also left suspect dead: Police | KTLA

7/23/20

"A husband was killed, and his wife critically wounded, in a shooting inside a Burbank home earlier this week that also left the suspect dead, police said Thursday.
Armen Sahakyan, 41, was fatally shot in an upstairs bedroom around 1:25 a.m. Tuesday at his home in the 900 block of Cambridge Drive, the Burbank Police Department said in a news release. His wife, whose name was not released, was also shot in the bedroom and remains hospitalized in critical condition...
"

Husband killed, wife wounded in Burbank shooting that also left suspect dead: Police | KTLA

Whataboutism once again.

7/25/20

"PHILADELPHIA - A violent night in Philadelphia has left four people dead, including two teenagers, and multiple others injured.
Police were called just before 10 p.m. Friday to the 800 block of North 39th Street in the Mantua section.
Officers located a 19-year-old man who had been shot multiple times, including in the abdomen and chest.
He was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center where he died. No arrests have been made in this case...
"

https://6abc.com/violent-night-across-philadelphia-leaves-4-dead-others-injured/6334170/

7/25/20

"PHILADELPHIA - A violent night in Philadelphia has left four people dead, including two teenagers, and multiple others injured.
Police were called just before 10 p.m. Friday to the 800 block of North 39th Street in the Mantua section.
Officers located a 19-year-old man who had been shot multiple times, including in the abdomen and chest.
He was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center where he died. No arrests have been made in this case...
"

https://6abc.com/violent-night-across-philadelphia-leaves-4-dead-others-injured/6334170/

And yet more Whataboutism....

7/23/20

"MINNEAPOLIS - A 17-year-old boy is dead after a shooting outside of a market near the site of George Floyd’s memorial.
Investigators say the teen and another male encountered each other inside the market on the East 3500 block of Chicago Avenue. The teen exited the store, and was then shot by the other male, who fled on foot...
"

Police: Teen Fatally Shot Outside Market Near George Floyd’s Memorial In Minneapolis – WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Was that a legal gun owner defending himself? Or are you deliberately derailing the thread with clumsy whataboutism?

7/23/20

"ATLANTA - Police are out at multiple locations in southwest Atlanta on Wednesday afternoon investigating a triple shooting that killed at least one person.
It started at an apartment complex located along Kimberly Way SW. Atlanta police say they were dispatched around 4:28 p.m. to the scene...
"

Police: 1 dead, 2 injured after shooting at SW Atlanta apartment complex

7/23/20

"ATLANTA - Police are out at multiple locations in southwest Atlanta on Wednesday afternoon investigating a triple shooting that killed at least one person.
It started at an apartment complex located along Kimberly Way SW. Atlanta police say they were dispatched around 4:28 p.m. to the scene...
"

Police: 1 dead, 2 injured after shooting at SW Atlanta apartment complex

Another legal gun owner defending himself? You have nearly as many of those incidents as does Bum.

7/23/20

"TOLLESON, Ariz. - Phoenix Police officials say an arrest has been made after a 30-year-old man was shot and killed while traveling with a suspect in Tolleson.
According to Phoenix Police officials, the victim, identified as a 30-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound and was transported by firefighters to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. Investigators say the man and woman were in a vehicle with the suspect when the shooting occurred...
"

Police: Arrest made after man was shot dead while in car with suspect in Tolleson

7/23/20

"TOLLESON, Ariz. - Phoenix Police officials say an arrest has been made after a 30-year-old man was shot and killed while traveling with a suspect in Tolleson.
According to Phoenix Police officials, the victim, identified as a 30-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound and was transported by firefighters to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. Investigators say the man and woman were in a vehicle with the suspect when the shooting occurred...
"

Police: Arrest made after man was shot dead while in car with suspect in Tolleson

Whataboutism

Whataboutism

Maybe he thinks it is actually another example supporting the topic, " Legally armed driver shoots, kills gunman to stop fatal shooting spree in Indiana."

7/25/20

"NORFOLK, Neb - The suspect in the shooting death of a northeast Nebraska woman was arrested hours after the shooting in Sioux City, Iowa, authorities said.
Deshawn Gleaton Jr. is facing a possible first-degree murder charge in the killing of Hailey Christiansen, 29, in Norfolk Friday morning.
He was arrested without incident Friday night, The Norfolk Daily News reported.
Christiansen was found suffering from a gunshot wound at a Norfolk home and died later in surgery. Gleaton had fled before officers arrived...
"

Shootings

Everyone have a great and safe weekend. :peace

You too!

Keep up the good work!

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom