• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

legalize opium for starters

wallyHeitz

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The war on dope is going no where. I think a positive move would be to legalize not opioids, but opium. This gives hard dope users a cheap alternative to black market stuff where quality/purity is not known. I'm not sure about legalizing stimulants such as methamphetamine because abusers of the drug can get very paranoid, and this paranoia may result in violence etc.
Now back to opium. I was reading a book on the junkie scene in Tuscon. Back in the '50's opium from Mexico was available, and the users/abusers liked it. Then the opium stopped coming in. In it's place came heroin. The Tuscon people didn't like it as much as they did opium. I alspo spoke with an ex junkie here, and he said he liked opium better than heroin. Opium though is harder to get; maybe impossible most of the time.
Opium is less harmful than heroin, fentanyl etc...

The war on dope is going no where. I think a positive move would be to legalize not opioids, but opium. This gives hard dope users a cheap alternative to black market stuff where quality/purity is not known. I'm not sure about legalizing stimulants such as methamphetamine because abusers of the drug can get very paranoid, and this paranoia may result in violence etc.
Now back to opium. I was reading a book on the junkie scene in Tuscon. Back in the '50's opium from Mexico was available, and the users/abusers liked it. Then the opium stopped coming in. In it's place came heroin. The Tuscon people didn't like it as much as they did opium. I alspo spoke with an ex junkie here, and he said he liked opium better than heroin. Opium though is harder to get; maybe impossible most of the time.

And take narcan off ambulances. The problem will be self-limiting

Most of the "opiate" problem is legal.

True, but at great profit to Big Pharma. This pushes the use of the product as a painkiller and ignores the lessons of the past few hundred years that acknowledged the addictive nature of Opiates, even or especilally when practiced by the contemporary Medical Community.
/

I can remember smoking KW and afterwards driving my car. Zero drugs should be allowed to be consumed 6monhs prior to operating any motorized vehicle or sail or balloon vessel.

All of our "drug problem" is legal. Poor laws make up the drug prohibition, and poor laws cause our drug problem. By rights, poor laws should be repealed, but that would require conscientious legislators, and we have none.

Back
Top Bottom