• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Legacy Media Suffers A Hit As Yet Another Trump Conspiracy Theory Evaporates

The USPP didn't have the legal authority to deny US citizens their right to peacefully protest...and the report basically admits as much when it says the commander did not consider waiting until the 7pm curfew or notify the protesters before hand.
According to post 79 taken from the interviews, the USPP wouldn't have intervened if they were peacefully protesting. They were acting to protect federal property and personnel and that is well within their mandate.

Secondly, they had what they called a sound amplifying device---either a bullhorn or PA system of some sort. So the protestors were warned. Considering they ignored the curfew from the night before, I don't think the protestors paid any heed whatsoever to warnings.

You do understand that there are limits to peacefully protesting, right? Even this report (that you did not read, don't lie) concludes that "the USPP had the authority and discretion to clear Lafayette Park and the surrounding areas on June 1."
The USPP lied about using tear gas, too. If they lied about that then what else did they lie about?

And there's this....

"....The Park Police incident commander was reportedly stunned when Barr informed him of Trump's impending visit.[19] That report also confirmed the use of pepperballs and tear gas, revealed Park Police did not request deployment of Bureau of Prisons to the park, and reported that U.S. Secret Service had inexplicably deployed ahead of schedule, advancing on protesters before the Park Police had a chance to warn protesters to disperse.[20][21].[22]..."​

Looks like the police don't have the authority not to identify themselves anymore.

The USPP lied about using tear gas, too. If they lied about that then what else did they lie about?

And there's this....

"....The Park Police incident commander was reportedly stunned when Barr informed him of Trump's impending visit.[19] That report also confirmed the use of pepperballs and tear gas, revealed Park Police did not request deployment of Bureau of Prisons to the park, and reported that U.S. Secret Service had inexplicably deployed ahead of schedule, advancing on protesters before the Park Police had a chance to warn protesters to disperse.[20][21].[22]..."​

Looks like the police don't have the authority not to identify themselves anymore.

Stop spinning. They had the authority to disperse the protest. They didn’t do that so Trump could take a photo. Can you just stop please? There are probably a million reasons you hate Trump. Now you only have 999,999. I’m so sorry for your less. Thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

According to post 79 taken from the interviews, the USPP wouldn't have intervened if they were peacefully protesting. They were acting to protect federal property and personnel and that is well within their mandate.

Secondly, they had what they called a sound amplifying device---either a bullhorn or PA system of some sort. So the protestors were warned. Considering they ignored the curfew from the night before, I don't think the protestors paid any heed whatsoever to warnings.
Everything I've read, including the report said the USPP planned to put up barriers...but I guess they didn't plan on the Secret Service, the Bureau of Prison Police and the DC Guard advancing on the protesters without warning....but they certainly knew about it and why.....

• 6:10 p.m.: According to the June 2021 Interior Inspector General report, around this time, Barr speaks to the U.S. Park Police operations commander. The report quotes the Park Police operations commander that Barr "asked him why the crowd was still on H Street and said he thought they would be gone by that point", to which the Park Police operations commander said that Park Police "were getting into position to move the crowd". Barr proceeds to ask: "Are these people still going to be here when POTUS comes out?" The Park Police operations commander said he replied: "Are you freaking kidding me?"[65][66]
  • 6:15 p.m.: General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, appears in the park behind the police barricade.[64]
  • 6:16 p.m.: Some security personnel kneel to put on gas masks. This is misinterpreted by some protesters as a sign of solidarity; they start cheering. A DC police channel announces that "CS gas", a type of tear gas, may soon be deployed.[64]
  • 6:17 p.m.: Before Park Police initiated their plan to warn protesters to disperse, agents of the Secret Service advance on protesters at the edge of the square at H Street and Madison Place at the northeast corner of the park.[8] After briefly occupying the intersection, they fall back. The Secret Service officer responsible for the early deployment apologized but offered no explanation for the change in timing. [22]

So tell me again how the park wasn't cleared for Trump's photo op? :rolleyes:

Stop spinning. They had the authority to disperse the protest. They didn’t do that so Trump could take a photo. Can you just stop please? There are probably a million reasons you hate Trump. Now you only have 999,999. I’m so sorry for your less. Thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
From what I gather the USPP likely intended to wait until curfew to clear the park...but Barr insisted they do it sooner....

• 6:08 p.m.: Attorney General William Barr is seen in Lafayette Park reviewing protesters and law enforcement.[63]
  • 6:10 p.m.: According to the June 2021 Interior Inspector General report, around this time, Barr speaks to the U.S. Park Police operations commander. The report quotes the Park Police operations commander that Barr "asked him why the crowd was still on H Street and said he thought they would be gone by that point", to which the Park Police operations commander said that Park Police "were getting into position to move the crowd". Barr proceeds to ask: "Are these people still going to be here when POTUS comes out?" The Park Police operations commander said he replied: "Are you freaking kidding me?"[65][66]
  • 6:15 p.m.: General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, appears in the park behind the police barricade.[64]
  • 6:16 p.m.: Some security personnel kneel to put on gas masks. This is misinterpreted by some protesters as a sign of solidarity; they start cheering. A DC police channel announces that "CS gas", a type of tear gas, may soon be deployed.[64]
  • 6:17 p.m.: Before Park Police initiated their plan to warn protesters to disperse, agents of the Secret Service advance on protesters at the edge of the square at H Street and Madison Place at the northeast corner of the park.[8] After briefly occupying the intersection, they fall back. The Secret Service officer responsible for the early deployment apologized but offered no explanation for the change in timing. [22]

Sure looks like they cleared the park for Trump's photo op to me.

Your blind adoration of Trump and bullying isn't going to change the fact that the park was in fact cleared for Trump's photo op. Just ask Barr, the Joint Chief of Staff, Gen. Miley, the DC Police and the Secret Service...they were all there.

So you believe that facts you don't agree with are conspiracy theories... well, If that makes you feel g

It is your party that come up with alternative facts. So dont even go there I live in reality and that reality knows that true facts.
Admit it, your parties ideas are archaic and self absorbed. Society is moving forward with progress and leaving you knuckle draggers behind in the 1950s.

Phys251: FORGETS THE OTHER MULTIPLE ERRORS.

At this point its barely T-ball.

Oooooh, two errors! No, five! :LOL:

I'm sure you place a high value on your hatred for the freedom for the press. :)

Your blind adoration of Trump and bullying isn't going to change the fact that the park was in fact cleared for Trump's photo op. Just ask Barr, the Joint Chief of Staff, Gen. Miley, the DC Police and the Secret Service...they were all there.
Those damn IGs lying to protect Trump. Biden better be firing some people ASAP.

Everything I've read, including the report said the USPP planned to put up barriers...but I guess they didn't plan on the Secret Service, the Bureau of Prison Police and the DC Guard advancing on the protesters without warning....but they certainly knew about it and why.....

-edited to meet 5k character limit-

So tell me again how the park wasn't cleared for Trump's photo op? :rolleyes:
Just so you're aware, the Wikipedia page you link to may have some cherrypicked facts. While the full report (here) does contain the anecdote at the 6:10 timeline but it also contains the following from the same section as the 6:10 anecdote (page 18 of the PDF) -
Both the USPP incident commander and the USPP operations commander told us the USPP initiated the operational plan before the Attorney General arrived in Lafayette Park and that the Attorney General’s presence in the park had no influence on the USPP’s timeline for the operation. The USPP incident commander explained the USPP wanted to clear the area “as early as possible and [as] safely as we c[ould]” to erect the fence and de-escalate the situation. He added that the Attorney General was “not in his chain of command” and that clearing the park had “nothing to do with [him] or the President wanting to come out.” He stated, “This plan doesn’t get developed in 2 minutes . . . [The Attorney General] might be a very important guy in the Government, he’s just not my boss.
Your post, intentional or not, is a prime example of how propaganda works. In this case there were certain facts presented while other facts were omitted and no mention that there even might be more information was proffered. It's kind of like writing that the police shot a 14 year old boy after he stole a candy bar. If the whole story is that the 14 year old went into the store, smashed the 85 year old proprietor over the head with a baseball bat, sexually assaulted her, stole a candy bar on his way out, was confronted by a cop that was called to the scene, fled from the cop, hid around a corner and hit the cop with the baseball bat and then got shot by the cop's partner then you left out some context with your otherwise factual commentary on the situation.

The full report shows that the plan to clear the park originated a day earlier when USPP and Secret Service decided to expand their security perimeter due to protestor violence. A contract to set up the fence was completed prior to 10am on the 1st and the fencing contractor arrived on site around 2pm. The overall plan was to start clearing the park once the contractor arrived but other organizations, such as DCNG and MPD, needed to be involved and that delayed things a bit. The USPP was not advised of Trump's plans until somewhere between 3-5pm, an hour or more after the fencing contractor was on scene.

All-Star baseball player: Commits one error

Grim17: SEND HIM BACK TO THE MINORS! WORST PLAYER EVER!

:rolleyes:
Meanwhile, he proclaims a 200-strikeout, 35-error first baseman (the Daily Caller), a Hall of Famer.

Meanwhile, he proclaims a 200-strikeout, 35-error first baseman (the Daily Caller), a Hall of Famer.

"Whaddayamean he didn't get into the Hall in his first year of eligibility? They's got a librul bias!!"

The Daily Caller frequently uses loaded emotional language that typically favors the right such as this: DEM NOMINEE FOR FLORIDA GOVERNOR IS PROGRESSIVE MAYOR WITH CORRUPTION INVESTIGATION SWIRLING AROUND HIM. The Daily Caller usually sources their information to credible media outlets. Still, sometimes they utilize factually mixed sources, such as the Daily Wire, and Questionable sources such as Judicial Watch. In reviewing story content, virtually all favored the right in story selection and wording while denigrating the left. The Daily Caller also promotes a favorable view of Former President Donald Trump by promoting his policies.

Failed Fact Checks

The Daily Caller has failed numerous fact checks; however, they post a significant amount of articles each day. Based on the volume of articles published versus failed fact checks, they do not fall into the Questionable category, though they are close.

Overall, we rate the Daily Caller strongly right biased based on story selection that almost always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to numerous failed fact checks. The Daily Caller is a source that needs to be fact-checked on a per-article basis.

I’m thinking the OP and others needed a Kleenex when Trump silently hoisted his favorite book in the air.

I’m still unclear regarding the message he was trying to send.....🤷
As I remember, it was supposed to appeal to both law and order and to the religious right. The problem was that Trump has no idea what's in the Bible. He can't quote anything from memory. He doesn't know how to look up passages that he knows are in there but can't remember, because he doesn't know that much either. Just holding up the book doesn't work, even right side up, if there are no words to go with it. That's why he looked like a dork holding a book and the whole thing flopped.

The Daily Caller frequently uses loaded emotional language that typically favors the right such as this: DEM NOMINEE FOR FLORIDA GOVERNOR IS PROGRESSIVE MAYOR WITH CORRUPTION INVESTIGATION SWIRLING AROUND HIM. The Daily Caller usually sources their information to credible media outlets. Still, sometimes they utilize factually mixed sources, such as the Daily Wire, and Questionable sources such as Judicial Watch. In reviewing story content, virtually all favored the right in story selection and wording while denigrating the left. The Daily Caller also promotes a favorable view of Former President Donald Trump by promoting his policies.

Failed Fact Checks

The Daily Caller has failed numerous fact checks; however, they post a significant amount of articles each day. Based on the volume of articles published versus failed fact checks, they do not fall into the Questionable category, though they are close.

Overall, we rate the Daily Caller strongly right biased based on story selection that almost always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to numerous failed fact checks. The Daily Caller is a source that needs to be fact-checked on a per-article basis.

poll please.......

Oooooh, two errors! No, five! :LOL:

I'm sure you place a high value on your hatred for the freedom for the press. :)

Wrong, I place a high value on press that goes after the truth no matter who looks bad. Now they protect the Democrats like they are their personal PR firm.

Another day, another example of the BS propaganda the mainstream news media has now become famous for. This particular lie was pushed by outlets such as the NY Times, NBC, NPR and others... and let's not forget the kings of misinformation and political propaganda, CNN, who pushed this false story far more than any other media outlet did.

Here's the story from the Daily Caller:
I'll buy the Trump appointed Inspector General's take once someone explains to me how IF Trump did not know the Square would be cleared in short order, he announced he would be walking through the square to the church 30 minutes before it was tear gassed? Did he think he would be greeted as an honored guest? Did the Secret Service give the go ahead for him to walk unaccompanied (except for Ivanka and a bible) through a protest zone? This story sounds as crazy as any yet.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

See my sig #2. :)
Like I Keep telling you, I don't have sigs set to be seen, its just people looking to make more digs instead of valid points, which describes you perfectly. Keyboard emoji warriors usually are.

Is the posting of blatantly false information allowed on this site? I know there's a conspiracy theory forum, perhaps you should spend your time there.

Not only is it allowed, but as you have just witnessed, it's become a vital component in propping up and maintaining the obviously flawed ideological views that many posters around here embrace and espouse. The blatant falsehoods result from their inability to justify their opinions and beliefs.

I'll buy the Trump appointed Inspector General's take once someone explains to me how IF Trump did not know the Square would be cleared in short order, he announced he would be walking through the square to the church 30 minutes before it was tear gassed? Did he think he would be greeted as an honored guest? Did the Secret Service give the go ahead for him to walk unaccompanied (except for Ivanka and a bible) through a protest zone? This story sounds as crazy as any yet.

Let me guess... You think the IG is a Trump toady who's report is a giant cover-up filled with lies?

I'll believe that when members of the USPP and/or the DC police come forward and publicly contradict the report... Since Trump is gone and Biden is now the president, coming forward poses absolutely no risk to any of them.

I’m thinking the OP and others needed a Kleenex when Trump silently hoisted his favorite book in the air.

I’m still unclear regarding the message he was trying to send.....🤷

Trump the Terrorist never did that. He hates the Bible.

Let me guess... You think the IG is a Trump toady who's report is a giant cover-up filled with lies?

I'll believe that when members of the USPP and/or the DC police come forward and publicly contradict the report... Since Trump is gone and Biden is now the president, coming forward poses absolutely no risk to any of them.

I haven't made a final determination of the IG's veracity yet. There's lots of dots to connect with his story. Do you have an answer to my question of why Trump was planning to walk through the square, since he had NO knowledge that it would be cleared of protesters, and the curfew was AFTER his planned visit?
Why would Secret Service go along with that?

Back
Top Bottom