• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftwing Critics Go Ballistic as GOP Peddles "Notorious ACB" Tee Shirts

Mashmont

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here's the whiny article from Huffpo. (Where else?)

Critics on Twitter were aghast Saturday as the GOP peddled its latest product: a “Notorious ACB” T-shirt, ripping off the hard-earned and respected nickname of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The shirt went on sale just minutes after President Donald Trump formally nominated Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ginsburg in a process Democrats are calling an illegitimate rush to ram through a conservative judge with just over five weeks before the presidential election.

The shirt was posted online by the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which raises funds to help elect Republicans to the Senate.

Observers were appalled at the stunning lack of respect for Ginsburg, whom many fans referred to as the Notorious RBG and who had lain in state in the Capitol just the previous day.

This is so great. How dare the Republicans? Don't they know only Democrats are granted the reverence of being called by their initials: FDR, JFK, LBJ, BHO, RBG. You can't think of a single Republican referred to that way. Only leftwingers get to be referred to so chummily, so iconically.

It was a stupid tribute anyway, when they did it for Ginsburg. I find it hilarious the GOP has tweaked the left with their own grandiloquence. These people take themselves SO seriously.

Last edited:
And that says it all. When you are reduced to talking about random people on twitter, your thread is an automatic fail.
Blame your leftwing outlets Yahoo and Huffpo for doing an article on it. Mashie is only the messenger.

Blame your leftwing outlets Yahoo and Huffpo for doing an article on it. Mashie is only the messenger.
Why would I blame anyone other than the person who posted it here? Why can you not take responsibility for your own actions and words?

Why would I blame anyone other than the person who posted it here? Why can you not take responsibility for your own actions and words?
Huffpo and Yahoo saw fit to make a story out of it. I didn't author the story. I just linked it. It's pretty funny, I think.

Huffpo and Yahoo saw fit to make a story out of it. I didn't author the story. I just linked it. It's pretty funny, I think.
You did choose to post it here. That was your choice, trying to make a big deal out of what random people on twitter say.

Gavin Newsom is not anonymous. A lot of politicians use Twitter.

And of course a lot of leftwingers are whining about it.

This spoof is a home run.

Back
Top Bottom