• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftoids Fear Themselves More Than They Fear Redneck Bogeymen

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Roissy
7-24-2013

An anonymous commenter at Sailer’s left this interesting remark about the psychology motivating the lords of lies:

“Some of the virulence… stems from an underlying chain of logic in elite thinking that I find scary: If young black males really do tend to be more crime-prone, then…oh, no, the Nazis were right! So if Americans ever become embarrassed by the insipid political correctness we instruct them to spout, they will immediately thaw out Hitler’s cryogenically preserved brain and elect it president. Or something.“

I’ve noticed this for a long time. I can’t claim to have a perfect explanation, but keep in mind that most American lefties tend to embrace (at least implicitly) two key ideas: Utilitarianism and Utopianism.

Look at all the hip SWPL charities that swear their mission is to “End ______ forever!” (Insert “poverty”, “child abuse”, “racism”, “gun violence”, etc.) In contrast, dour conservatives (whether religious or secular) tend to agree with the Gospel warning “the poor you have always with you“.

Similarly, lefties in the USA tend to be basically Utilitarian on most issues- the idea that something should be avoided simply because it is intrinsically immoral strikes most of them as rather quaint, except for issues that don’t really affect them personally, on which they can afford to be high-minded (In fairness, too many conservative Republicans have the same problem, just for different issues). A woman got knocked up by mistake? Sure, abort the pregnancy for her convenience. Dad’s taking too long to die and running up big medical bills? Euthanize him. A jury failed to make an example of an innocent man as instructed? Screw double jeopardy and bring him up on “hate crime” charges.​

When you believe (at least implicitly) that 1) Society can be perfected by human means, or at least come reasonably close to perfection, and 2) any practical means to achieve that objective should be seriously considered, the progressive dread of politically-incorrect Hatefacts starts to make more sense. If “genetically inferior” blacks are all that is standing in the way of turning every city in America into a hipster SWPL paradise, what can’t be justified​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Leftoids Fear Themselves More Than They Fear Redneck Bogeymen | Chateau Heartiste

We certainly see it every day.

Well gee it looks like they let just about anyone write blogposts on the interwebz these days :roll: What is it with morons who want to tell us what they think we think?

We certainly see it every day.

What? Dumb comments by someone who readily admits to bias and not really understanding the subject matter, like the person who wrote the article/blog? I agree completely.

I think when you have to characterize your opponents as "lords of lies" in order to make your point, you need medication. Really, if you have to assume that your opponents possess actual malice and the cognitive dissonance required to fight passionately for causes they don't actually believe in... well... please stop posting these annoying articles and expecting anyone to read your hyperpartisan drivel.

Who on earth believes we should be able to euthanize people against there will? I've never heard that from anyone.

This article poorly describes the liberal point of view on several issues and draws some bad conclusions. It's stuff like this, and believe me there are liberal writers who do the same thing, that makes it hard to have a reasonable debate sometimes.

Ohhhh scary leftoids are coming to eat our brains. :scared:

Of course, the OP has nothing to fear. :D

Personally,I find it rather disgusting when someone tries to demonize an entire group of people just because they don't agree with their politics.Whether it is conservatives doing it to liberals,liberals doing it to conservatives,Christians doing it to atheists,atheists doing it Christian, etc I think it is a wrong thing for a person to do.

A Pepsi distributor is not going to convince me to carry his products by badmouthing Coca-Cola products.That person has to demonstrate why their product is superior.

It's posts like these that makes me think that quite a number of people on DP belong to the "tinfoil hat brigade".

I personally don't understand why people here are to allowed to used term like "libertoids" or "conservotards" when those terms are clearly being used in a derogatory manner?

Personally,I find it rather disgusting when someone tries to demonize an entire group of people just because they don't agree with their politics.Whether it is conservatives doing it to liberals,liberals doing it to conservatives,Christians doing it to atheists,atheists doing it Christian, etc I think it is a wrong thing for a person to do.

A Pepsi distributor is not going to convince me to carry his products by badmouthing Coca-Cola products.That person has to demonstrate why their product is superior.

It's posts like these that makes me think that quite a number of people on DP belong to the "tinfoil hat brigade".

I personally don't understand why people here are to allowed to used term like "libertoids" or "conservotards" when those terms are clearly being used in a derogatory manner?

It is either one of three reasons. Either it is not reported so the mods do not know to apply penalties. It would be hard to actually mod everything without reports. It may also be that mods of a certain bias are permissive with terms that they agree with. Finally it may be that those terms are permitted because they get people riled up to participate more. Hell, it might be all or a couple of those reasons. But be careful what you wish for on moderation because almost every political statement you make can be considered offensive to someone because you disagreed with them even if it may be correct. Heavy moderation would be problematic to discussion considering some of the personalities around here and how they would love to silence their opponents through bannings.

obvious troll is obvious. please do not feed the troll. that is all.

Lol, you're not exactly the champion of civility and tolerance.

Lol, you're not exactly the champion of civility and tolerance.

And you are?

Please show one instance where I used a blanket derogatory term towards a group.

I've admitted a number of times that I can be an asshole.
But that's toward certain individuals,not entire groups.
I have no problem calling a jackass a "jackass".

And even if I used a derogatory blanket term,it was wrong for me to do, and I apologize.Which is something very,very very few people here do.
Admit when they are wrong and apologize for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom