• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftists Would Rather Have Trump Win

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
for two reasons:

1. The far left would like to see Trump win so that in 2024 they can convince voters that the reason they keep on losing is because their nominees just aren't far left enough. If Biden wins then the so called centrists win and the far left may be done for. What would they do in 2024, campaign against Biden (or Harris)? They want to see Trump win because they believe that 2024 will be their year and they don't want to wait until 2028. If Harris is the nominee in 2024 the leftists may even have to wait until 2032.

2. The fact is, leftists get off on going after Trump with everything they've got. It's what they live for and what gives them pleasure out of life. They are so obsessed with it that they can't even think straight. They would actually rather go after Trump for four more years than have Biden win, in which case their biggest pleasure in life would be gone.

Last edited:
Leftists Would Rather Have Trump Win

not this one, though i'm basically European center left. i want him voted out with the quickness.

I don't buy that argument. With folk like Sanders throwing his weight behind Trump, I'm pretty sure they'll take anyone but Trump at this point.

for two reasons:

1. The far left would like to see Trump win so that in 2024 they can convince voters that the reason they keep on losing is because their nominees just aren't far left enough. If Biden wins then the so called centrists win and the far left may be done for. What would they do in 2024, campaign against Biden (or Harris)? They want to see Trump win because they believe that 2024 will be their year and they don't want to wait until 2028. If Harris is the nominee in 2024 the leftists may even have to wait until 2032.

2. The fact is, leftists get off on going after Trump with everything they've got. It's what they live for and what gives them pleasure out of life. They are so obsessed with it that they can't even think straight. They would actually rather go after Trump for four more years than have Biden win, in which case their biggest pleasure in life would be gone.

Exhibit A.

Never, ever take seriously any unsolicited written or stated "analysis" of "the left" provided by a right winger. It's like taking advice on child-rearing from an "expert" whose single with no kids....and who readily admits to hating kids.

You rightwingers would be better served to spend more time trying to figure out what's in the heads of Trump supporters. Self-analysis is the first (and the best) analysis.

Exhibit A.

Never, ever take seriously any unsolicited written or stated "analysis" of "the left" provided by a right winger. It's like taking advice on child-rearing from an "expert" whose single with no kids....and who readily admits to hating kids.

You rightwingers would be better served to spend more time trying to figure out what's in the heads of Trump supporters. Self-analysis is the first (and the best) analysis.

We are fully aware what is in the “heads of Trump supporters”: Keep liberals out of the White House.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another bomb throw (up) from MR, in which he won't stick around to defend his arguemnt.

What conservatives really want is for parasitic amoeba space aliens to invade and take over the minds of the population. You heard it here, folks!

for two reasons:

I'm highly progressive and I think our nation might never turn back from the path of fascism if Trump gets elected again.

Bye.

for two reasons:

I do not think they believe that, I however believe trump should win, just to slap the democrats hard in the face to let them know it is not 1992 anymore, republicans have already moved on past the reagan/bush era but democrats seem content running legacy candidates, trying to run politics like it is 1992 in 2020 is a sure fire sign the democratic party is completely out of touch with america, and apparently 2016 did not slap them hard enough with hillaries defeat.

The left is shifting right and the right is shifting left, it is similar to the southern strategy under nixon where the entire party control of regions of the country was shaken up, and neither party will last if they want to live in the 80's or 90's running legacy candidates with legacy platforms. I mean seriously, had it not been for trump steamrolling the republican parties oposition in 2016, the election would have been bush vs clinton, america is tired of recycling the same thing, but politicians seem alright with the idea of recycling legacy candidates rather than having ideas and platforms.

for two reasons:

Actually, this is the exact argument that was expressed by many on the right when Obama election the first time. They said the right was not far enough right, which gave rise to the Tea Party movement. And they said Obama gave the White Nationalists and other racist groups a reason to get up in the morning.

You have nothing new here. You took an old argument and tried to make it new, but, well ... maybe next time.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and wager you never been in a college classroom without a mop and a bucket....

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

Exhibit A.

I think they spend a vast amount of the time watching Fox news, chewing tobacco and patching holes in their trailers. For sure Trumpanzees don't spend any time on physical fitness! Man! They seem to be the fattest, sloppiest, lumpiest bunch of ragtag losers! Ever looked at a Trump gathering? Are they so inbred they no longer have opposable thumbs and can't work buttons? I don't think I've ever seen a photo of one of them in a shirt that had either buttons or a collar.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

Another bomb throw (up) from MR, in which he won't stick around to defend his arguemnt.

I see my argument has your panties in a wad. Fact is, the far left has much to gain from letting Trump beat Biden.

We are fully aware what is in the “heads of Trump supporters”: Keep liberals out of the White House.

...by any means necessary, right?

Nothing new or surprising, there. But for those who are just now beginning to open their eyes to "Trump's America", that self-admission explains a lot.

I do not think they believe that, I however believe trump should win, just to slap the democrats hard in the face to let them know it is not 1992 anymore, republicans have already moved on past the reagan/bush era but democrats seem content running legacy candidates, trying to run politics like it is 1992 in 2020 is a sure fire sign the democratic party is completely out of touch with america, and apparently 2016 did not slap them hard enough with hillaries defeat.

The left is shifting right and the right is shifting left, it is similar to the southern strategy under nixon where the entire party control of regions of the country was shaken up, and neither party will last if they want to live in the 80's or 90's running legacy candidates with legacy platforms. I mean seriously, had it not been for trump steamrolling the republican parties oposition in 2016, the election would have been bush vs clinton, america is tired of recycling the same thing, but politicians seem alright with the idea of recycling legacy candidates rather than having ideas and platforms.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, it is Democratic voters who voted Biden to be their nominee. So, apparently, it is your minority who are out of touch with America.

...by any means necessary, right?

Nothing new or surprising, there. But for those who are just now beginning to open their eyes to "Trump's America", that self-admission explains a lot.

Nancy Pelosi & Trump Impeachment -- Partisan Hate Is Becoming a National Crisis | National Review

“42 percent of the people in each party view the opposition as ‘downright evil.’” A stunning 20 percent of Democrats and 16 percent of Republicans believe “we’d be better off as a country if large numbers of the opposing party in the public today just died.” And if the opposing party wins the 2020 election, 18 percent of Democrats and 13 percent of Republicans “feel violence would be justified.”

Ummmmmmmmmmm, it is Democratic voters who voted Biden to be their nominee. So, apparently, it is your minority who are out of touch with America.

Well not quite the thing though, biden did horrible until south carolina and super tuesday, when the party united on the we must vote him to beat trump platform. The republicans tried the same in 2016 with jeb bush but it backfired horribly.

It was in many cases the party pushing for that candidate as the only way to beat trump and playing on democrat hate of trump to back their favored candidate. However as is seen now voters are not excited about him, his enthusiasm gap is so extreme that there is almost no way he was voted organically, but rather through the party pushing to unify under the guise of defeating trump rather than letting voters choose who they wanted.

Exhibit A.

For some reason, right wingers seem to think that Democrats and others on the left actually give a **** what they think.
There's a word for that - ARROGANCE.
There's another word for that - IGNORANCE.
There's STILL another word for that - UNAWARE.

for two reasons:

Where do you get your ridiculous notions from?

for two reasons:

Complete nonsense and the American People will prove how wrong you are in a hair over 2 months....

I see my argument has your panties in a wad. Fact is, the far left has much to gain from letting Trump beat Biden.

I'm far left and I already told you what I think we have to lose.

I think they spend a vast amount of the time watching Fox news, chewing tobacco and patching holes in their trailers. For sure Trumpanzees don't spend any time on physical fitness! Man! They seem to be the fattest, sloppiest, lumpiest bunch of ragtag losers! Ever looked at a Trump gathering? Are they so inbred they no longer have opposable thumbs and can't work buttons? I don't think I've ever seen a photo of one of them in a shirt that had either buttons or a collar.

Well....yeah, but don't be fooled. Yeah, sure...Trump probably carries about 95% of the trailer trash/redneck vote. No doubt about that. But Trump's support isn't just trailer trash and rednecks. Trump's vote comes from 2 primary groups (and almost nothing else): about 70-80% of the non-college educated white population...and about 70% of the top 5% of wage earners. That's a lot of people (about 44+% of the total electorate), and it's basically about 90% of the Trump vote for 2020.

Every other major demographic group is solidly democratic. And those groups also comprise about 75-80% of the population growth in this country.

for two reasons:

You say that we should care what a Far Right guy says about the Far Left.

Back
Top Bottom