• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftists with Egg All Over their Faces

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Except for Joe Lieberman.

I am hearing chatter that terroristas among the Rebels in Syria could be responsible for using WMD to draw in America to topple Basher.

Now...

Where did there terroristas get these WMD? At the local corner WMD Mart?
If these a-holes could get WMD, is it so difficult?
If Saddam had them, and everyone expected he did have them, isn't it more than possible such a despot would sublimely pass them on to terrorists?

This illustrates, even the serious consideration of Terrorista Rebels having and using them, that the Leftists were once again dead wrong about their anti-American stance regarding Iraq?

Investigator Carla Del Ponte had said that testimony from victims and doctors had given rise to "strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof" that opposition forces had used sarin.

BBC - Newsbeat - Does Syria have weapons of mass destruction?

Carla Del Ponte, a senior UN official said evidence from casualties and medical staff indicated that rebel forces in the civil war had used the deadly nerve agent sarin.

‘Our investigators have been in neighbouring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals, and there are strong, concrete suspicions, but not yet incontrovertible proof, of the use of sarin gas,’ said Del Ponte in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

‘This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities.’

UN Tells War Mongers That Syrian Rebels Used WMD, NOT Assad | Alternative

None of your sources even suggests that the gas came from Iraq. Nice try though.

I would think a fellow would have to be pretty damn sure of somthing to declare war over it. Hopefully Obama will know for sure before he committs American military. I think sarin is easy to produce. Wasnt that what that Japanese cult used in the subway in Tokoyo?

It's more likely that the chemical attack was from the Syrian regime. The method of delivery, the fact that the Syrian government denied access to the sites to forensic experts and bombed the sites after the chemical attack all indicate they are responsible.

None of your sources even suggests that the gas came from Iraq. Nice try though.

Lol....He's just trying a page out of the GWB playbook....remember how Iraq was involved with 911?

"Bush wasn't malfeasant, he was just too incompetent to find the WMDs that were actually there! And you're Anti-American if you think losing hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of soldiers' lives for no gain whatsoever was a mistake!"

Zimmer, if you're seeing anybody with egg on their face, you may just be looking in a mirror. And as much as you seem to "enjoy" your right-wing fantasies, I don't think its egg.

Some PFC would have found the WMD if there was any. I believed at the time there was WMD, but my intelligence was from the media in US. I really think the RWers and corportacracy orchestreated the war on Iraq. Lots of money in war. My point is just being incompetent is much more noble than getting our troops killed to fill corporate coffers.
"Bush wasn't malfeasant, he was just too incompetent to find the WMDs that were actually there! And you're Anti-American if you think losing hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of soldiers' lives for no gain whatsoever was a mistake!"

Zimmer, if you're seeing anybody with egg on their face, you may just be looking in a mirror. And as much as you seem to "enjoy" your right-wing fantasies, I don't think its egg.

Well, the point obviously flew way over your head, and then in your inability to understand, added to the strength of my argument.

The point being... terrorists acquiring WMD with seeming ease, and using them.

Bush didn't go looking for WMD... the UN Inspecteurs did. They didn't believe he came clean after Bush43 gave Saddam one last chance.

There was gain in Iraq:

1. Saddam cannot teerorize his people any longer.
2. The Iraqi's have a chance to build a democracy.
3. We discovered and closed down a Nuke Black Market run by a certain AQ Kahn.
4. We got Libya WMD materials out of their hands.

At the same time we learned that the intel on Iraq was poor, we also learned that Iran had a nuke program for 18-years due to someone who escaped Iran (if I recall correctly). Our intel was bad on both counts... but we did know Saddam had WMD and used them.

You doubled the egg on your face. It's a talent you Leftists have.

Lol....He's just trying a page out of the GWB playbook....remember how Iraq was involved with 911?

Who said that? I never did and Bush43 didn't either... but 911 was a Game Changer.

It's typical to see you cannot answer the OP.

Last edited:
Yet another dictator being defended by the right. Mubarak, Khadafi, now Assad. Before that it was Saddam Hussein.

Bush didn't go looking for WMD... the UN Inspecteurs did. They didn't believe he came clean after Bush43 gave Saddam one last chance.

There was gain in Iraq:

Sos the Iraqis building a democracy is a good thing. But Egyptians, Libyans and Syrians...not so much?

There was gain in Iraq:

My problem with this theory is that if terrorist had WMD they would have used them on us by now.

Well, the point obviously flew way over your head, and then in your inability to understand, added to the strength of my argument.

Bull****.

'I'm hearing' and 'could be' amount to nothing more than rumors.

This fails the duck test miserably.

Yet another dictator being defended by the right. Mubarak, Khadafi, now Assad. Before that it was Saddam Hussein.
Who is defending Assad? This is about terrorists getting and using WMD and the implications it had regarding the argument Saddam had them and the threat of terrorists getting their hands on them.

It seems you have serious comprehension problems.

Interesting revisionist history. Too bad that your actual premise failed.

Who is defending Assad? This is about terrorists getting and using WMD and the implications it had regarding the argument Saddam had them and the threat of terrorists getting their hands on them.

It seems you have serious comprehension problems.

Who was the one talking about rebel terrorists trying to topple him?

Interesting revisionist history. Too bad that your actual premise failed.
The premise is based on someone from the UN. And using that to illustrate terrorists got their hands on WMD isn't a failed premise.

Revising what? How about an explaining yourself.

Sawyer:
Who knows how and when they got them. And I have no doubt terrorists would use them against the west; which more than justified the actions of Bush43 after 911.

For those Leftists out there who are rubbing an erection, I didn't say Iraq and 911 were related, but one had impact on the other. After years of feeble US foreign policy under the finger wagging Felonious Bill Clinton, after Felonious Bill allowed terrorists to strike with impunity (OK... he did bomb a pill factory in Sudan against the advice of the Joint Chiefs in order to divert attention from his problems with bLewinsky), Iraq was as rogue nation that lost a war, failed to disarm to the satisfaction of the UN, threw out inspectors, was importing illegal substances, and altogether was seen as a serious threat. Saddam was given one last chance.

Letting Saddam ride would have sent another Felonious Bill type signal to the despots of the world. Not good.

I wrote about terrorists among those trying to topple Assad that used WMD. Not all rebels are terrorists; I'd say it's a minority, but a dangerous one.

I'm all for Assad being toppled, and I'm also weary of the vacuum.

Will you folks demand Obama go to Congress or will you folks look the other way as you did on Libya?

My problem with this theory is that if terrorist had WMD they would have used them on us by now.

Depends when they got them, who supplied them and what their goals are.

Depends when they got them, who supplied them and what their goals are.

It's more likely that the chemical attack was from the Syrian regime. The method of delivery, the fact that the Syrian government denied access to the sites to forensic experts and bombed the sites after the chemical attack all indicate they are responsible.

Sos the Iraqis building a democracy is a good thing. But Egyptians, Libyans and Syrians...not so much?

I'm all for all those countries building democracies. Try finding a post where I've said otherwise.

It seems you have comprehension problems. The thrust of the thread had to do with WMD getting into the hands of terrorists, and how that relates to but one claim about Iraq and Saddam's WMD.

Next time, I'll be sure to reduce the comprehension standard to 3rd grade.

Except for Joe Lieberman.

I am hearing chatter that terroristas among the Rebels in Syria could be responsible for using WMD to draw in America to topple Basher.

Now...

Where did there terroristas get these WMD? At the local corner WMD Mart?
If these a-holes could get WMD, is it so difficult?
If Saddam had them, and everyone expected he did have them, isn't it more than possible such a despot would sublimely pass them on to terrorists?

This illustrates, even the serious consideration of Terrorista Rebels having and using them, that the Leftists were once again dead wrong about their anti-American stance regarding Iraq?

Didn't Bush admin removed Syria from terrorist list 2006 and all of a sudden Syria became US BFF in War against the terror? We were such good friends that we exported prisoners to be tortured to Syria as a good measure. Since US gave Iraq the tech and knowledge to build WMD, maybe the same is true with Syria...I'm sure we will find a picture of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Bashar al Assad in days soon to come.

Diving Mullah

Didn't Bush admin removed Syria from terrorist list 2006 and all of a sudden Syria became US BFF in War against the terror? We were such good friends that we exported prisoners to be tortured to Syria as a good measure. Since US gave Iraq the tech and knowledge to build WMD, maybe the same is true with Syria...I'm sure we will find a picture of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Bashar al Assad in days soon to come.

Diving Mullah
Best get cracking, then, because there's this: FLASHBACK: John Kerry Calls Syria’s Assad A “Dear Friend”… | Weasel Zippers And then there's Nancy Pelosi's visit to Syria during which she claimed the road to peace was through Damascus.

Back
Top Bottom