• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftists with Egg All Over their Faces

You are completely and utterly trapped in the left/right paradigm. It's doubtful that you will (or can) ever escape. It's sad really.

I know, I'm a "leftist" "liberal" "progressive." That's what you would call me because your brain doesn't compute anyone or anything that doesn't fit into that worldview. If I told you that I categorically oppose universal health care, all social spending and programs, public education, affirmative action, etc., it would only confuse you.

I'll pray for you. Hopefully one day you will be able to use your reason and learn that the real ideological conflict cannot be defined in terms of left and right, but as the state vs the individual. Once you realize that, you will see that Conservatives and Republicans are complete statists as well. Good luck in your educational journeys.

I used to be a member of the hard left... and over a decade I shed that mantle little by little until I emerged a Conservative; and some would say Libertarian; either way, I'm comfortable in supporting a philosophy that seeks to provide the greatest good for the greatest number.

During this political journey I realized there is little to nothing compelling from the left. It is a political movement built upon a heap of lies and deceit. About stealing liberty. ObamaKare is a prime and recent example of all these perversions.

So, I wish you well on your journey, for I cannot foresee pulling a Winston Churchill, and reratting to a political movement that is morally and intellectually bankrupt.

I know the Leftists mentality having been an unapologetic member of the party of the stupid, and... like a smoker who quit (Not me personally)... I don't take kindly to the Leftists smoke blowing... smokescreens.

And it's not a right-left paradigm... it's a right-wrong paradigm where you find the Leftists on the wrong side. Just look at the mess you folks have made not just of this nation, but all nations infected with your political HIV.

Last edited:
some would say Libertarian; either way, I'm comfortable in supporting a philosophy that seeks to provide the greatest good for the greatest number.

You are not a libertarian by any stretch of the imagination, and utilitarianism and libertarian are not even close to the same thing.

So, I wish you well on your journey, for I cannot foresee pulling a Winston Churchill, and reratting to a political movement that is morally and intellectually bankrupt.

That's pretty much the opposite of what I was trying to say but dead-on accurate as far as me predicting what your response would be. I was criticizing your left/right worldview, and somehow you heard "you want me to move left on the left/right political spectrum that you are criticizing."

No, I want you to use your reason and stop thinking of issues in terms of left and right, but rather state vs individual.

And it's not a right-left paradigm... it's a right-wrong paradigm where you find the Leftists on the wrong side. Just look at the mess you folks have made not just of this nation, but all nations infected with your political HIV.

Which anarchist "nations" are you referring to?

You are not a libertarian by any stretch of the imagination, and utilitarianism and libertarian are not even close to the same thing.
Who said anything about hedonism. And it's the greatest good... not greatest happiness.

When taking those political tests, I always end up in the Austrian School right next to Milton Friedman... like Hayek and von Mises... men I agree with and admire.

That's pretty much the opposite of what I was trying to say but dead-on accurate as far as me predicting what your response would be. I was criticizing your left/right worldview, and somehow you heard "you want me to move left on the left/right political spectrum that you are criticizing."
I have never denied being a partisan, and I never insinuated you would want me to move to the left, just that you don't like my seeing matters as they are. The left seek to replace Liberty with evermore government.

No, I want you to use your reason and stop thinking of issues in terms of left and right, but rather state vs individual.
ROTFLOL... That's nice, but I don't need your help thanks. I use reason. It's how I left the Left. Some may say I was a slow learner, but it illustrates I thought things through for a significant amount of time before abandoning the ideology of the stupid.

Unfortunately there are many calling themselves Republicans who support legislation from the left, or are not actively trying to dismantle the errors wrought by such legislation.

Which anarchist "nations" are you referring to?
Who said anything about anarchy? Leftists are like Islamofascists in their ability to be patient. They slowly chip away at liberties. They are termites... eating away slowly but surely. Had they proposed what they sought from the start, nobody except their hardcore base would be on board... but, with time their constant eating away achieves their goals. Just look at the tax code; in 100-years it's aim has gone from only the wealthiest Americans, and 400 pages of legislation, to 50% of the population, to a weapon of class warfare, and over 70,000 pages of legislation.

Cross contaminating the thread with a post from another which begs the question: Where did the rebels get the WMD?

Getting WMD is far easier than flying planes into the World Trade Center buildings, the Pentagon, and The White House. The risk of Saddam doing this was real. Perhaps unreal to many leftists, but flying passenger jets into NYC and DC was also beyond unreal.

Do I trust the Russians? No... but now it's the Russians and someone from the UN saying rebels used WMD.

I'm only replying because of the accusation that Assad got WMD from Iraq's Saddam Hussein. Look a little closer to home.

Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

"

“They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them,” complained a female fighter named ‘K.’ “We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”

“When Saudi Prince Bandar gives such weapons to people, he must give them to those who know how to handle and use them,” she warned. She, like other Syrians, do not want to use their full names for fear of retribution.

A well-known rebel leader in Ghouta named ‘J’ agreed. “Jabhat al-Nusra militants do not cooperate with other rebels, except with fighting on the ground. They do not share secret information. They merely used some ordinary rebels to carry and operate this material,” he said.

“We were very curious about these arms. And unfortunately, some of the fighters handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions,” ‘J’ said.

Doctors who treated the chemical weapons attack victims cautioned interviewers to be careful about asking questions regarding who, exactly, was responsible for the deadly assault.

The humanitarian group Doctors Without Borders added that health workers aiding 3,600 patients also reported experiencing similar symptoms, including frothing at the mouth, respiratory distress, convulsions and blurry vision. The group has not been able to independently verify the information.

More than a dozen rebels interviewed reported that their salaries came from the Saudi government.

Saudi involvement

In a recent article for Business Insider, reporter Geoffrey Ingersoll highlighted Saudi Prince Bandar’s role in the two-and-a-half year Syrian civil war. Many observers believe Bandar, with his close ties to Washington, has been at the very heart of the push for war by the U.S. against Assad.

Ingersoll referred to an article in the U.K.’s Daily Telegraph about secret Russian-Saudi talks alleging that Bandar offered Russian President Vladimir Putin cheap oil in exchange for dumping Assad.

“Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord,” Ingersoll wrote.

“I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” Bandar allegedly told the Russians.

“Along with Saudi officials, the U.S. allegedly gave the Saudi intelligence chief the thumbs up to conduct these talks with Russia, which comes as no surprise,” Ingersoll wrote.

“Bandar is American-educated, both military and collegiate, served as a highly influential Saudi Ambassador to the U.S., and the CIA totally loves this guy,” he added.

According to U.K.’s Independent newspaper, it was Prince Bandar’s intelligence agency that first brought allegations of the use of sarin gas by the regime to the attention of Western allies in February.

The Wall Street Journal recently reported that the CIA realized Saudi Arabia was “serious” about toppling Assad when the Saudi king named Prince Bandar to lead the effort.

“They believed that Prince Bandar, a veteran of the diplomatic intrigues of Washington and the Arab world, could deliver what the CIA couldn’t: planeloads of money and arms, and, as one U.S. diplomat put it, wasta, Arabic for under-the-table clout,” it said.

Bandar has been advancing Saudi Arabia’s top foreign policy goal, WSJ reported, of defeating Assad and his Iranian and Hezbollah allies.

To that aim, Bandar worked Washington to back a program to arm and train rebels out of a planned military base in Jordan.

The newspaper reports that he met with the “uneasy Jordanians about such a base”:"

Back
Top Bottom