• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftists laughably argue that progressive groups were “targeted” by the IRS

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By: Bob Owens
Jun• 25•13

It’s good rule of thumb that you can judge the seriousness of a scandal by how much those at the center of it try to deny their behavior, and failing that, try to mitigate their behavior.

The three-year long ATF/EPA/FBI/IRS/OSHA/etc. Executive Branch plot to harass 400+ Tea Party groups after their stunning successes in the 2010 mid-term elections was obviously orchestrated in the White House itself. When multiple federal agencies under the explicit control of the Executive begin targeting the exact same people for intimidation and harassment, no rational person will argue that it was by accident. The plotting was by design, for one reason: to prevent Barack Obama from being overwhelmed by grassroots support in the 2012 Presidential election.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that such behavior is immoral, illegal, and unconstitutional. This behavior was designed to impede the ability of these 400+ groups to function and organize, to undermine their First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. It was an apparently effective plot to cripple political speech and undermine the social networking that is an essential part of political campaigning.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Leftists laughably argue that progressive groups were “targeted” by the IRS « Bob Owens

'We cannot have a much more fundamental assault on our federal Republic than a Presidency that abuses the power of various executive branch regulatory and law enforcement agencies, and who uses the weight of the federal government to immorally, illegally, and unconstitutionally suppress the opposition'.
We have proof of the above in the Congressional hearings going on presently. We also have proof of the over reach of the EPA.

EPA regulatory over reach is slapped down – again! - April 2012

EPA regulatory over reach is slapped down...

The power of working ... EPA regulatory over reach is slapped down – again! ... Environmental Protection Agency in which the Court came down with a …
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa Jackson - EPA - Court says its over-reach - The SUA Blog ...

Lisa Jackson - EPA - Court says its over-reach - The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US | The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US...

Environmental Protection Agency ... by the Clean Air Act,” according to the EPA. Power generators argued the EPA’s rule ... EPA – Court says its over-reach. tina.

"Targeted"

Always "targeted". Not "illegally denied tax breaks to", or "violated the fourth amendment rights to privacy of", no it's just "targeted". The reality is that these tea party groups got their tax exemptions, despite not qualifying for them. Every single one of them got to not pay taxes. The supposed scandal here is that it took longer than these groups would like to illegally not be required to pay taxes, because a lot of other Tea Party groups also violated the normal procedures in applying for this tax exemption that they didn't qualify for.

The real scandal is that 1) these tax exempt statuses exist in the first place, and 2) the IRS is allowing these groups to abuse this tax exempt status that they don't qualify for.

Finding a BOLO list that contains a "progressive" name/label is not proof that they received any special negative attention, delay or denial. When the score is 292 to 6, it is time to call the game. ;)

IG: IRS Targeted 292 Conservative, 6 Liberal Groups

Yeah damned discrimination when the tea party applications were separated so they could be given to a republican for a special stamp of approval on every single one. Where do i sign up for that sort of discrimination?

Yeah damned discrimination when the tea party applications were separated so they could be given to a republican for a special stamp of approval on every single one. Where do i sign up for that sort of discrimination?

Care to share a link for this assertion of yours? I thought the complaint was that a republican did the IRS internal investigating, not the delay or special attention.

By: Bob Owens
Jun• 25•13

It’s good rule of thumb that you can judge the seriousness of a scandal by how much those at the center of it try to deny their behavior, and failing that, try to mitigate their behavior.

The three-year long ATF/EPA/FBI/IRS/OSHA/etc. Executive Branch plot to harass 400+ Tea Party groups after their stunning successes in the 2010 mid-term elections was obviously orchestrated in the White House itself. When multiple federal agencies under the explicit control of the Executive begin targeting the exact same people for intimidation and harassment, no rational person will argue that it was by accident. The plotting was by design, for one reason: to prevent Barack Obama from being overwhelmed by grassroots support in the 2012 Presidential election.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that such behavior is immoral, illegal, and unconstitutional. This behavior was designed to impede the ability of these 400+ groups to function and organize, to undermine their First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. It was an apparently effective plot to cripple political speech and undermine the social networking that is an essential part of political campaigning.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Leftists laughably argue that progressive groups were “targeted” by the IRS « Bob Owens

'We cannot have a much more fundamental assault on our federal Republic than a Presidency that abuses the power of various executive branch regulatory and law enforcement agencies, and who uses the weight of the federal government to immorally, illegally, and unconstitutionally suppress the opposition'.
We have proof of the above in the Congressional hearings going on presently. We also have proof of the over reach of the EPA.

EPA regulatory over reach is slapped down – again! - April 2012

EPA regulatory over reach is slapped down...

The power of working ... EPA regulatory over reach is slapped down – again! ... Environmental Protection Agency in which the Court came down with a …

Lisa Jackson - EPA - Court says its over-reach - The SUA Blog ...

Lisa Jackson - EPA - Court says its over-reach - The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US | The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US...

Environmental Protection Agency ... by the Clean Air Act,” according to the EPA. Power generators argued the EPA’s rule ... EPA – Court says its over-reach. tina.

Yet another troll OP. :roll:

Care to share a link for this assertion of yours? I thought the complaint was that a republican did the IRS internal investigating, not the delay or special attention.

I would go out and actually post it for a person who is not selectively blind. Maybe i have fallen for the feigned ignorance of the obvious and well published only to have that person completely deny the words right in front of their face once too often to be bothered with people of your reputation. Feel free not to believe me as I am quite positive I could have all the proof in the world and it would not be enough for you.

But don't let that stop you from telling us which of those tea party aplications were actually denied in the end. It would be an easy way to poke a big hole in what i said about rubber stamping approvals if there were any applications that were actually denied for the tea party.

I would go out and actually post it for a person who is not selectively blind. Maybe i have fallen for the feigned ignorance of the obvious and well published only to have that person completely deny the words right in front of their face once too often to be bothered with people of your reputation. Feel free not to believe me as I am quite positive I could have all the proof in the world and it would not be enough for you.

But don't let that stop you from telling us which of those tea party aplications were actually denied in the end. It would be an easy way to poke a big hole in what i said about rubber stamping approvals if there were any applications that were actually denied for the tea party.

A simple no, or no reply at all would have done nicely.

Yet another troll OP. :roll:

The proof of over reach and criminal wrong doing by Obama's Presidential appointees seems to over whelm the reasoning of the left, therefore they claim whatever they can to justify their criminal actions. Werfel was taken to the shed on the falsified and completely bogus memo sent to Congress.

What kind of mind do you have to have to splice together different pieces of different stories that said different things in order to compile a bogus storyline like that one.
Don't bother answering ... we know the answer ... it was kind of rhetorical anyway.

Finding a BOLO list that contains a "progressive" name/label is not proof that they received any special negative attention, delay or denial. When the score is 292 to 6, it is time to call the game. ;)

IG: IRS Targeted 292 Conservative, 6 Liberal Groups
Wrong it's 96 conservative; 6 progressive; 196 we don't know.

Conservatives Struggle With IRS Scandal Numbers | TPMMuckraker

We now know, thanks to a letter the inspector general, J. Russell George, sent to Rep. Sander Levin (D-MI) on Wednesday, that six groups with “progress” or “progressive” in their names were among the 298 “potential political cases.” Subtract those six from the total 298, and you get the 292 number that appeared in the headlines. But George’s letter did not mean, as the conservative outlets seem to think, that the rest of those groups were tea party groups. The inspector general report contains the actual number: 96 of the 298 groups deemed “potential political cases” had the terms tea party, patriots, or 9/12 in their names. That leaves 196 “potential political cases” whose political leanings we don’t know. They could be liberal. They could be conservative. They could be communist.

The "overreaching" inspector is a Republican.

You just confirmed my statement. You'll claim anything and blame anyone but those truly responsible for these criminal actions within the IRS.

Careful you don't cut yourself wielding that razor-sharp wit. ;)

He made a spectacular knight's-move leap of imagination in his response, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom