• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Left spews deadly venom over Tony Snow's cancer

You just can't do it without the caveat........Sad DD.

The sad thing is that you see nothing wrong with politicizing the personal health situation of Ms. Edwards to smear her husband.

Very very sad indeed.

There are many classic examples since the inception of the internet.

It has happened time-and-time again, and will continue until anonymity will not longer be an issue. The meek and slimy hide behind a computer screen and spew garbage for all to see.

I've seen a lot. Some garbage makes me laugh (as in "I can't believe that idiot wrote that!"), some of it makes nauseous and some of it makes me shake my head. Bottom line, it's so unimportant that I often feel like I've wasted too much time. Yet, like a train wreck, I cannot look away.

I've read a lot of crap on the internet and I must say that this thread ranks pretty high on the crap-o-meter. Sure there's a lot of cyberspace out there to waste. However, if we keep on misusing it, who knows... all the hot air could cause Internet Warming. Now if that ain't another topic for a Gore doc, I don't know what is!

So if my computer spontaneously combusts, I'm blaming Navy.

There are many classic examples since the inception of the internet.

It has happened time-and-time again, and will continue until anonymity will not longer be an issue. The meek and slimy hide behind a computer screen and spew garbage for all to see.

I've seen a lot. Some garbage makes me laugh (as in "I can't believe that idiot wrote that!"), some of it makes nauseous and some of it makes me shake my head. Bottom line, it's so unimportant that I often feel like I've wasted too much time. Yet, like a train wreck, I cannot look away.

I've read a lot of crap on the internet and I must say that this thread ranks pretty high on the crap-o-meter. Sure there's a lot of cyberspace out there to waste. However, if we keep on misusing it, who knows... all the hot air could cause Internet Warming. Now if that ain't another topic for a Gore doc, I don't know what is!

So if my computer spontaneously combusts, I'm blaming Navy.

I actually agree with most of the things you said:shock: That said I would love to see my friends on the left condemn the assaults on Snow without Caveats but most can't do it.......Disney Dude is a perfect example..........He condemns them but his left wing personality won't let him do it without a BUT..

I actually agree with most of the things you said:shock: That said I would love to see my friends on the left condemn the assaults on Snow without Caveats but most can't do it.......Disney Dude is a perfect example..........He condemns them but his left wing personality won't let him do it without a BUT..

Navy, if I cared, I bet I could find some right-wing writings that celebrate and relish Elizabeth Edward's fate. I won't though, because it's pure and utter crap. I also know that most are not like that... even amongst hard-core right wingers. Why should they apologize for these few idiotic comments on behalf of the right? Do these idiots actually represent them? The right or left would not want to have anything to do with these types... period. It's like asking caucasians to apologize on behalf of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Navy. You haven't explained how you know that people on the left were responsible for the anonymous offensive comments. I have seen a number of rightwing blogs having a field day with just these few inappropriate comments. It is a great opportunity to smear Democrats, without any proof Democrats were responsible. So how do we know that rightwingers didn't "create" this opportunity themselves as a means to bash Democrats?

Navy....you are hilarious. I think that this is why I actually really really like you.....seriously. Your "wackiness" is extremely entertaining....and I mean that sincerely...its not a personal attack.

That aside...I say it is hilarious because there was no BUT in any of my "condemnations".....there was however an and.....other things I condemn.....but nothing that was a "caveat" by definition.

I think b/w the two of us....we have killed this topic. I don't think I have ever personally posted so many times on a thread and I think that people following this thread are probably sick of hearing from both of us.

So after this.....I am finished with this subject. But I will give you my condemnation.....without any but/ands/caveats:

I, disneydude, find the comments referring to Tony Snow in Navy Pride's post to be reprehensible, despicable, immature and cowardly.

There....that wasn't so hard now was it Navy.

I have a question NP, what exactly are you trying to prove with this thread? Do you really think this sort of thing will change anyone's mind about abortion, gun control, or the minimum wage? Of course not. So why do you play these stupid partisan games where all you do is try to make the other side look bad? It doesn't change anyone's mind about the important things (the actual issues, not who'se more corrupt). All it does is pit Americans against Americans, and that's the most un-American thing anyone can do IMO.

We shouldn't have to condemn every last stupid thing someone says in a blog. When an elected leader says something like this, expect him to be condemned. Until then, big freaking deal.

Navy, if I cared, I bet I could find some right-wing writings that celebrate and relish Elizabeth Edward's fate. I won't though, because it's pure and utter crap. I also know that most are not like that... even amongst hard-core right wingers. Why should they apologize for these few idiotic comments on behalf of the right? Do these idiots actually represent them? The right or left would not want to have anything to do with these types... period. It's like asking caucasians to apologize on behalf of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Well I have not seen those kind of comments from people on the right about Mrs Edwards......They may be out there and if they are I would condemn them vehemently.......

The sad thing is that you see nothing wrong with politicizing the personal health situation of Ms. Edwards to smear her husband.

Very very sad indeed.

Again for the 100th time I am not questioning Mrs Edwards....I am questioning that egotistical husband of hers...........what part of that do you not understand????

Navy. You haven't explained how you know that people on the left were responsible for the anonymous offensive comments. I have seen a number of rightwing blogs having a field day with just these few inappropriate comments. It is a great opportunity to smear Democrats, without any proof Democrats were responsible. So how do we know that rightwingers didn't "create" this opportunity themselves as a means to bash Democrats?

Because its a left wing blog...........did you even read it?

Really do you have a link for them? I would love to see them.....thanks

Navy....you are hilarious. I think that this is why I actually really really like you.....seriously. Your "wackiness" is extremely entertaining....and I mean that sincerely...its not a personal attack.

That aside...I say it is hilarious because there was no BUT in any of my "condemnations".....there was however an and.....other things I condemn.....but nothing that was a "caveat" by definition.

I think b/w the two of us....we have killed this topic. I don't think I have ever personally posted so many times on a thread and I think that people following this thread are probably sick of hearing from both of us.

So after this.....I am finished with this subject. But I will give you my condemnation.....without any but/ands/caveats:

I, disneydude, find the comments referring to Tony Snow in Navy Pride's post to be reprehensible, despicable, immature and cowardly.

There....that wasn't so hard now was it Navy.

well it only took 85 posts.thank you DD......;)

I have a question NP, what exactly are you trying to prove with this thread? Do you really think this sort of thing will change anyone's mind about abortion, gun control, or the minimum wage? Of course not. So why do you play these stupid partisan games where all you do is try to make the other side look bad? It doesn't change anyone's mind about the important things (the actual issues, not who'se more corrupt). All it does is pit Americans against Americans, and that's the most un-American thing anyone can do IMO.

We shouldn't have to condemn every last stupid thing someone says in a blog. When an elected leader says something like this, expect him to be condemned. Until then, big freaking deal.

I agree but I think you draw the line someplace and I find these comment over the top and particularly distasteful and I think everyone should.........

Because its a left wing blog...........did you even read it?

Really do you have a link for them? I would love to see them.....thanks
Like this?

Ann Coulter: Elizabeth Edwards Doesn't Have Cancer

Immediately after John and Elizabeth Edwards were interviewed on "60 Minutes" Sunday night about their decision to continue to campaign for the Democratic nomination for president for John despite Elizabeth's medical diagnosis of terminal cancer, conservative pundit Ann Coulter was interviewed on Fox News for her analysis of the interview.

"It's obviously nothing but a shameless political ploy," Coulter scoffed. "I mean, first, did you see Elizabeth Edwards? She looks as healthy as a horse. Their claim that she has cancer is obviously a lie to gain media attention and public sympathy
that will result in Edwards' getting the nomination.
Source: Ann Coulter: Elizabeth Edwards Doesn't Have Cancer » Pollyticks.com

coulter.jpg

DD will not condemn what those left wing scumbags said.....He trys to deflect the subject to other issues.....Typical ambulance chaser.....

Moderator's Warning:
NP, please don't make comments like this against another poster.

Like this?

Ann Coulter: Elizabeth Edwards Doesn't Have Cancer

Immediately after John and Elizabeth Edwards were interviewed on "60 Minutes" Sunday night about their decision to continue to campaign for the Democratic nomination for president for John despite Elizabeth's medical diagnosis of terminal cancer, conservative pundit Ann Coulter was interviewed on Fox News for her analysis of the interview.

"It's obviously nothing but a shameless political ploy," Coulter scoffed. "I mean, first, did you see Elizabeth Edwards? She looks as healthy as a horse. Their claim that she has cancer is obviously a lie to gain media attention and public sympathy that will result in Edwards' getting the nomination.

Source: Ann Coulter: Elizabeth Edwards Doesn't Have Cancer » Pollyticks.com

Goes to show Ann Coulter's logic is on the same level as some ignorant troll on a blog.

Goes to show Ann Coulter's logic is on the same level as some ignorant troll on a blog.

No questions Coulter's comment was very distasteful but that is not the same thing as wishing Mrs Edwards death..............Surely you can see that......

No questions Coulter's comment was very distasteful but that is not the same thing as wishing Mrs Edwards death..............Surely you can see that......

You are comparing someone who is in the public eye and has exposure to a bunch of random average people who have blogs. Both comments were distasteful, I think everyone can agree on that. However, you are singling out the comments made by the average people when they can get away with making said comments. I guarantee that if they were in the public eye where their message would reach more people there would be more of a justification to make as big of a deal out of it as you are making.

You are comparing someone who is in the public eye and has exposure to a bunch of random average people who have blogs. Both comments were distasteful, I think everyone can agree on that. However, you are singling out the comments made by the average people when they can get away with making said comments. I guarantee that if they were in the public eye where their message would reach more people there would be more of a justification to make as big of a deal out of it as you are making.

I don't really care............The comments made on the blog were outrageous and cowardly in that they were anonomous.........Coulter's may have been distasteful but at least you know who made them..She did not hide in a blog like a cowardly liberal.....

I don't really care............The comments made on the blog were outrageous and cowardly in that they were anonomous.........Coulter's may have been distasteful but at least you know who made them..She did not hide in a blog like a cowardly liberal.....

Of course she didn't hide. How else would she gain publicity from her outrageous statements? I guarantee that she wouldn't make those statements if it didn't increase her book sales. It's hypocritical to point fingers at the political bloggers and then dismiss what Ann Coulter said. I've yet to see a single person in this post applaud the comments made by the bloggers. The point is that normal average people say outrageous and cowardly things because they can. If you don't like it you shouldn't read political blogs.

Of course she didn't hide. How else would she gain publicity from her outrageous statements? I guarantee that she wouldn't make those statements if it didn't increase her book sales. It's hypocritical to point fingers at the political bloggers and then dismiss what Ann Coulter said. I've yet to see a single person in this post applaud the comments made by the bloggers. The point is that normal average people say outrageous and cowardly things because they can. If you don't like it you shouldn't read political blogs.

Most don't applaud the comments but they don't condemn them either.....Like you they try and change the subject by bringing up Mrs Edwards or Coulter.......Why can't you just condemn them and let that be the end of it........

Dupicate post...........

Most don't applaud the comments but they don't condemn them either.....Like you they try and change the subject by bringing up Mrs Edwards or Coulter.......Why can't you just condemn them and let that be the end of it........

Nothing is ever as simple as that. This is a debate forum and as such people tend to examine all aspects of a topic. Mrs. Edwards or Ann Coulter may not directly relate to this topic, but bringing them up brings in an interesting and different perspective on the topic at hand. I doubt you will find many people who will condemn the bloggers as much as you or be as outraged as you because your outrage seems to be somewhat fake and partisan politic motivated.

the pollyticks site is all parody, champs. come on, man, did you really think it was true?
You're 100% correct! The point I was making is that one never really knows if what you're reading is fact or fable.

For example the entire basis of this stupid thread were comments supposedly attributed to "Left Wing Bloggers" when in fact they could have been written by anyone with all sorts of agendas.

To condemn the Left or the Right in toto for comments made by anonymous bloggers is completely absurd, don't you agree?

Back
Top Bottom