• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Left color bar added to a few forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants to see you perform. 😛
Oh, it's not for me to use. I wouldn't wish the nightmare of me on a stripper pole on anyone.

Oh, it's not for me to use. I wouldn't wish the nightmare of me on a stripper pole on anyone.
That's a good thing. You might have to deal with a mutiny if you did. ;)

How about a color bar in the PM area, Schweddy? Been a few times I was sent a link in a PM, replied to the the link instead of keeping it the PM area. Fortunately, caught the mistake. A flashing light would be nice....lol
I found a solution, need to test it to make sure it doesn't break anything. Need a color that isn't used by mods or banners.

I found a solution, need to test it to make sure it doesn't break anything. Need a color that isn't used by mods or banners.
Thanks, Schweddy. Much appreciated. Have a nice night.

You may have noticed that we have added color bars on the left side to a few forums.
We tested a red bar yesterday and it seemed a bit extreme in one area, so it has been changed for those that have seen it.

The "place the shall not be mentioned" now has an orange side bar - same color as DM banners.
The Tavern now has a blue side bar - same color as The Bartender banner.

Places with unique rules such as Breaking News, The Loft & Middle East now have a purple side bar.

We are exploring others but don't want to get too crazy. The idea is that if we get a notification, we can quickly know which forum we just clicked to.

View attachment 67347977 View attachment 67347978

Let us know your thoughts. We think these colors work well for all our themes, and would like feedback.

Thanks!
I love it, don't know why. :ROFLMAO:

I’d recommend using the red color for the Abortion section.

For obvious reasons.

Yes, we could put it around each post. We tried it and though it was a bit too much. Goal is to be a bit subtle.

Top of each 'new' post sounds interesting. We'll look into see if it can be done.
I had not noticed the color bar and I think it is too subtle to alert me as to where I am. In all fairness, however, even if you put color around each post it would probably not alert me. I have an uncanny ability to be unaware of my physical surroundings. I have to remember where I am.

I had not noticed the color bar and I think it is too subtle to alert me as to where I am.
Strangely, this is good to hear. We didn't want the colors/changes to be too exaggerated or a distraction. Just a bit subtle and help folks that are active in multiple forums back to back.

In all fairness, however, even if you put color around each post it would probably not alert me. I have an uncanny ability to be unaware of my physical surroundings. I have to remember where I am.
Haha.... me too...flashbacks from drugs in the 90's.

For obvious reasons.
It's definitely a hot (emotional) topic. Good suggestion.

If you're asking why the colors were added, it was to aid in identifying if they're in a specific forum or not.

The old software showed you what forum you were in because it had the title of the forum in the address field. The new software doesn't do that. We've had people get infractions for not realizing they were in a forum that had special rules or that they were in the Basement. By identifying that they're in a special forum with a color, it should hopefully prevent infractions as they will know what forum they are in.

I don't understand the point of the color bars...

I don't understand the point of the color bars...
There are some places that have different rules. Before, if a post is moved there with a notification and you clicked on the bell to see the post, it wasn't obvious that you wondered into one of those areas. Now, a simple glance can let one know instantly.

Plus conversations now has a brown bar too in case one forgets (ahem @Logician Man ) while replying to a direct message.

For obvious reasons.

Because red is the color of blood, the stuff that directly connects an embryo to its mother.

I tried to start completely civil abortion threads before the pseudo-moderator rule was added. (Of course that is not possible anymore.) So did other pro-choicers. It never works. Somehow even the best threads quickly get derailed by anti-choicers posting stupid lies and playing games with emotional vocabulary. Hopefully a red bar would make all those people think about the facts and how to actually DEBATE the issue.

Because red is the color of blood, the stuff that directly connects an embryo to its mother.
How would we use that color and still be unbiased? The idea has not been ignored. Just having a hard time with an aggressive color (or any color) for that forum.

How would we use that color and still be unbiased? The idea has not been ignored. Just having a hard time with an aggressive color (or any color) for that forum.

Still be unbiased? We already are very biased.

What about pink, a color usually worn by females?

Nothing in this colour yet eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom