• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LeBron James is a fraud

Well, he's a household name.

And I see that really angers you. LMAO.

Its OK, most people are complete nobodies, its not just you. (y) 😂
Charles Manson was a household name.
Popularity doesn't mean shit.

Michael Jordan shut up and dribbled. As a result he earned over a billion dollars. LeBron is trying something different. More power to him.

Just you.

Out of curiosity, have you actually taken any time to look into what James has to say, or are you dismissing his opinion simply because he doesn't have a college degree? I'm asking because many of the people that are most affected by these issues are black from poor neighborhoods and often don't get college degrees. To dismiss their perspective just because of they didn't go to college seems pretty shortsighted to me.

I wouldn't go that far calling James a "fraud" but one thing for certain, sports and politics doesn't mix.

LeBron James is a fraud (msn.com)

View attachment 67320856

In responding to soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic saying that athletes like LeBron James should avoid politics, LeBron said he “does his homework.” If that is true, then he is a failing student.

“I would never shut up about things that’s wrong,” LeBron said. “I speak from a very educated mind, so I’m kind of the wrong guy to actually go at because I do my homework.”

Except, just last month, LeBron apparently failed his latest reading assignment. When the Kenosha District Attorney’s Office decided not to charge the officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake, LeBron called it a “blow to the heart and the gut.”
James is making claims and he doesn't know the facts. His claims are just flat wrong. He needs to look at the problem of absentee fathers in the black community and the fact that twice as many whites are shot by white cops as blacks and crime in general is overwhelming black on black and black perpetrators.

James is making claims and he doesn't know the facts. His claims are just flat wrong. He needs to look at the problem of absentee fathers in the black community and the fact that twice as many whites are shot by white cops as blacks and crime in general is overwhelming black on black and black perpetrators.
I honestly haven't followed L James at all to know everything that he's contributed or not contributed to in reference to your point. With that said, I can also say that about you. Likewise, you can say that about me. Going by the article in the op, however, I don't understand why he's called a fraud and why the outrage here in this thread towards L James because he expressed his opinionated feelings about the cop killing of a black man in Kenosha. With that, I've learned something here. There's too many people who appear to hate L James. I truly didn't expect that.

Reactions: AJG
I honestly haven't followed L James at all to know everything that he's contributed or not contributed to in reference to your point. With that said, I can also say that about you. Likewise, you can say that about me. Going by the article in the op, however, I don't understand why he's called a fraud and why the outrage here in this thread towards L James because he expressed his opinionated feelings about the cop killing of a black man in Kenosha. With that, I've learned something here. There's too many people who appear to hate L James. I truly didn't expect that.

right. His "opinionated feelings".
But those opinionated feelings aren't really reflective of any real facts.
In Kenosha a guy was shot for refusing to listen to the Police, ignored them and went into his vehicle instead of keeping his hands clear and cooperating.
Predictably, he was shot. That guy must have manure for brains. But OH WELL.

LeBron James them pushed a false narrative about Police being in the wrong, and "getting away" with "police brutality against blacks"., That just isnt the truth of what happened, and due process and the legal system found the Police were not in the wrong. The criminal was in the wrong, as is the case 99% of the time.
Pushing these false narratives is a big problem. Cities are being destroyed, arrests made with no or flimsy "evidence" to appease mobs, millions and billions of dollars are being wasted in the destruction, looting, murdering, and general anarchy in the streets.

Thats not a good situation, and serves no good purpose for anyone.Except for those who want to go out and steal and destroy stuff.

LeBron should not be doing that with his pulpit.
I have no personal problem with the guy other than that, he's a legendary talent on the bb court. But pushing lies that get good people killed and cities destroyed is a serious issue.
IMO

right. His "opinionated feelings".
But those opinionated feelings aren't really reflective of any real facts.
In Kenosha a guy was shot for refusing to listen to the Police, ignored them and went into his vehicle instead of keeping his hands clear and cooperating.
Predictably, he was shot. That guy must have manure for brains. But OH WELL.

LeBron James them pushed a false narrative about Police being in the wrong, and "getting away" with "police brutality against blacks"., That just isnt the truth of what happened, and due process and the legal system found the Police were not in the wrong. The criminal was in the wrong, as is the case 99% of the time.
Pushing these false narratives is a big problem. Cities are being destroyed, arrests made with no or flimsy "evidence" to appease mobs, millions and billions of dollars are being wasted in the destruction, looting, murdering, and general anarchy in the streets.

Thats not a good situation, and serves no good purpose for anyone.Except for those who want to go out and steal and destroy stuff.

LeBron should not be doing that with his pulpit.
I have no personal problem with the guy other than that, he's a legendary talent on the bb court. But pushing lies that get good people killed and cities destroyed is a serious issue.
IMO
You don't think that false narratives are also pushed that protects police brutality or crimes committed by police by popular mouths on the air waves? You're splitting hairs on a two way street. I haven't read anything in this thread that calls for police to be hurt or killed. What has been demonstrated here so far is L James shouldn't open his mouth to give his opinion about something that shouldn't have ended in a death of a person. Keep in mind that the incident in Kenosha is a teeny tiny drop in the bathtub associated with police conduct v citizens. In the same breath, there's a tremendous number of police who are respectable and conduct appropriate. I still don't understand why L James was labeled a fraud in the article.

You don't think that false narratives are also pushed that protects police brutality or crimes committed by police by popular mouths on the air waves? You're splitting hairs on a two way street. I haven't read anything in this thread that calls for police to be hurt or killed. What has been demonstrated here so far is L James shouldn't open his mouth to give his opinion about something that shouldn't have ended in a death of a person. Keep in mind that the incident in Kenosha is a teeny tiny drop in the bathtub associated with police conduct v citizens. In the same breath, there's a tremendous number of police who are respectable and conduct appropriate. I still don't understand why L James was labeled a fraud in the article.

It "shouldn't have ended in the death of a person", and it didn't, the guy survived. But I get your point. And the fact that he was shot to begin with was a direct result of his own extremely poor life choices and decision making. Nobody fault but his own.
When you are in a position where millions of people are listening to what you say, you have to watch your words. Do you disagree?
IMO, people are absolutely correct to criticize LeBron giving his "opinionated feelings" on these things, because his "feelings" are not an accurate representation of what actually happened, and his words cause destruction, death, and puts police officers in greater danger than they already are.
This is a very serious issue with serious ramifications for society.
The person who wrote the article says James is a "fraud" because he pushes a false narrative about this "police brutality" in the states, and said something in support of the Chinese government in Hong Kong, something to the effect of "If you aren't a politician then you shouldn't give your opinion on that".
Therefore: fraud.
Its sort of correct, James is not being logically consistent. But I like his bb talent. I used to be a big bb fan, dont really care about in anymore. I moved up to the THINKING mans sport....MLB! 😉 ⚾

It "shouldn't have ended in the death of a person", and it didn't, the guy survived. But I get your point. And the fact that he was shot to begin with was a direct result of his own extremely poor life choices and decision making. Nobody fault but his own.
When you are in a position where millions of people are listening to what you say, you have to watch your words. Do you disagree?
IMO, people are absolutely correct to criticize LeBron giving his "opinionated feelings" on these things, because his "feelings" are not an accurate representation of what actually happened, and his words cause destruction, death, and puts police officers in greater danger than they already are.
This is a very serious issue with serious ramifications for society.
The person who wrote the article says James is a "fraud" because he pushes a false narrative about this "police brutality" in the states, and said something in support of the Chinese government in Hong Kong, something to the effect of "If you aren't a politician then you shouldn't give your opinion on that".
Therefore: fraud.
Its sort of correct, James is not being logically consistent. But I like his bb talent. I used to be a big bb fan, dont really care about in anymore. I moved up to the THINKING mans sport....MLB! 😉 ⚾

I agree that his decision making was poor and that he is partially responsible for the outcome. I also think that legally the officer was probably not in the wrong. However, just because what the officer did wasn't illegal doesn't mean that this isn't an instance of police brutality. James might be wrong about the court's ruling, but I think he's right that the outcome was wrong and probably could have been avoided.

If you ever stepped into a Walmart, you too are a China apologist. You just haven't thought of it that way, choosing instead to point a finger at the famous black guy.

Ah Calamity. As predictable as Old Faithful. I had a feeling you'd drag that old chestnut out.

My opinion of LeBron James has nothing to do with race. It has to do with his asshole personality.

Michael Jordan shut up and dribbled. As a result he earned over a billion dollars. LeBron is trying something different. More power to him.
Michael Jordan had class. James doesn't.

Outside of his vocal stance on this issue, what makes you say he's a classless asshole? Not saying I pay much attention to him, but he seems like a pretty nice guy. Michael Jordan is the one that always came across as a jerk to me.

Outside of his vocal stance on this issue, what makes you say he's a classless asshole? Not saying I pay much attention to him, but he seems like a pretty nice guy. Michael Jordan is the one that always came across as a jerk to me.
True. Mike was/is selfish and rude, treated people like dirt and tipped poorly. James is a philanthropist who makes friends easily.

Reactions: AJG
lol...you fell for the marketing because nothing could be further from the truth. And, I say that as a bigger fan of Mike than I am of LeBron.

LeBron is great due to physical gifts. Mike was great due to an intense will to win. I almost always root for the latter, but I also understand that the latter is much more likely to be the sociopath.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far calling James a "fraud" but one thing for certain, sports and politics doesn't mix.

LeBron James is a fraud (msn.com)

View attachment 67320856

In responding to soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic saying that athletes like LeBron James should avoid politics, LeBron said he “does his homework.” If that is true, then he is a failing student.

“I would never shut up about things that’s wrong,” LeBron said. “I speak from a very educated mind, so I’m kind of the wrong guy to actually go at because I do my homework.”

Except, just last month, LeBron apparently failed his latest reading assignment. When the Kenosha District Attorney’s Office decided not to charge the officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake, LeBron called it a “blow to the heart and the gut.”
LeBron is completely uneducated when it comes to China but that doesnt keep him from running his mouth.

LeBron is completely uneducated when it comes to China but that doesnt keep him from running his mouth.
Reminds me a lot of (S/I/T)Trump. 👹

Way to poison your own thread with a Trump whataboutsim
There's been plenty of poison pills already coming through the door of this thread. ;)

There's been plenty of poison pills already coming through the door of this thread. ;)
Well, it is your thread. I guess if you want to help redirect it from Lebron to Trump, you are free to do so.

Mine would lean towards James not being a fraud (as pointed out in the op). Are you brave enough to make yours'?
Why did you call him a fraud and then in your first post immediately say that you would not go so far as to call him a fraud?

Talk about not doing well on assignments... LOL

That was that case where an idiot refused to listen to Police, and then reached into a vehicle where he had a deadly weapon.
And then, very predictably, said idiot was shot by the Police that he refused to listen to. Gotta expect that. 👍

The skin colors really have nothing to do with it, stop being racist.

Good job Officers, decent people support you.
Was it Opposite Day when you chose your screen name?
Whats "going on here at home" that he's right about?
There are tons of racists congratulating cops for shooting unarmed people... specifically black men.

The cops didn't "get off", they didnt do anything wrong.
The moron that ignored the cops was in the wrong. That guy must have manure for his brains LOL.
You cant grasp the basic premise of the Police not being in the wrong, THE CRIMINAL WAS IN THE WRONG.
Good lord.

You're just a fraud because you are wrong. Hrm, going to have to try your method or debate more often.

Also, hard to be convicted of a crime when are executed before the trial.

Back
Top Bottom