• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LeBron James is a fraud

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I wouldn't go that far calling James a "fraud" but one thing for certain, sports and politics doesn't mix.

LeBron James is a fraud (msn.com)

1614632096858.png

In responding to soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic saying that athletes like LeBron James should avoid politics, LeBron said he “does his homework.” If that is true, then he is a failing student.

“I would never shut up about things that’s wrong,” LeBron said. “I speak from a very educated mind, so I’m kind of the wrong guy to actually go at because I do my homework.”

Except, just last month, LeBron apparently failed his latest reading assignment. When the Kenosha District Attorney’s Office decided not to charge the officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake, LeBron called it a “blow to the heart and the gut.”

I wouldn't go that far calling James a "fraud" but one thing for certain, sports and politics doesn't mix.

View attachment 67320854View attachment 67320856

In responding to soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic saying that athletes like LeBron James should avoid politics, LeBron said he “does his homework.” If that is true, then he is a failing student.

“I would never shut up about things that’s wrong,” LeBron said. “I speak from a very educated mind, so I’m kind of the wrong guy to actually go at because I do my homework.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...ws-host-s-hypocrisy/vi-BB1e7Fp3?ocid=msedgntp
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...te-attorney-general/ar-BB1e7MUW?ocid=msedgntp
Except, just last month, LeBron apparently failed his latest reading assignment. When the Kenosha District Attorney’s Office decided not to charge the officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake, LeBron called it a “blow to the heart and the gut.”

A misstatement. Perhaps he misunderstood the question. One loose brick does not break a wall.

is there a point to this thread?
Mine would lean towards James not being a fraud (as pointed out in the op). Are you brave enough to make yours'?

Mine would lean towards James not being a fraud (as pointed out in the op). Are you brave enough to make yours'?

no clue what you are asking nor the point of the thread

I appreciate and respect the fact that LeBron James walks the talk as far as helping disadvantaged youth around Akron & Cleveland, probably LA and Miama too since he lives/lived there.
He's allowed to champion whatever causes he likes, but when it comes down to work time in the arenas for the NBA and their fans:

SHUT UP AND DRIBBLE.

Save it for your Tweets and podcasts or whatever.

Last edited:

View attachment 67320856

What the **** are you even talking about? That officer abso****inglutely should have been charged.

What the **** are you even talking about? That officer abso****inglutely should have been charged.
Going by what James stated, unless I'm reading it wrong, James would agree.

Kenosha District Attorney’s Office decided not to charge the officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake, LeBron called it a “blow to the heart and the gut.”

You say he should have been, grand jury disagrees.

When you have cops standing there with guns pointing at you ordering you not to move and keep your hands clear, and then you ignore that and go reaching into your car, they'll shoot you.

That Blake guy must be pretty darned ignorant. I listen to the cops, and they haven't shot me one single time yet.

Do you think a person has a "right" to simply ignore Police during an interaction with Law Enforcement? And do you believe we should throw out the legal system and let social media decide?

View attachment 67320856

James had no education beyond HS.
He is a legend only in his own mind.

You say he should have been, grand jury disagrees.

When you have cops standing there with guns pointing at you ordering you not to move and keep your hands clear, and then you ignore that and go reaching into your car, they'll shoot you.

That Blake guy must be pretty darned ignorant. I listen to the cops, and they haven't shot me one single time yet.

Do you think a person has a "right" to simply ignore Police during an interaction with Law Enforcement? And do you believe we should throw out the legal system and let social media decide?
A person absolutely has the right to ignore police instructions. If egregious enough the officer can arrest the person, not execute them.

Does any of that make him a fraud though?

A person absolutely has the right to ignore police instructions. If egregious enough the officer can arrest the person, not execute them.

LMAO.
Looks like the legal system doesn't see it your way Kiddo.
You go ahead and ignore them, and die.
I'll follow Police instructions, and live.
Common sense isnt real common anymore, this is how an obvious idiot like donnie trump gets 75million votes.

He is undoubtedly a basketball legend, and one of the greatest players to ever play the game.
His level of education is completely irrelevant to that.

He is undoubtedly a basketball legend, and one of the greatest players to ever play the game.
His level of education is completely irrelevant to that.
The discussion here is politics not basketball.
Learn to read.

View attachment 67320856

Kenosha? Weren't those the white cops who shot a black guy in the back? What exactly is your complaint with LeBron's remark about that?

But he grew up black. So, he knows a lot about that.

The discussion here is politics not basketball.
Learn to read.

I read very well, thanks.

You said LeBron James is not a legend. He most certainly is a legend.

I think you're jealous of that successful legend of a black man. LOL. You poor guy.

You want to be a legend, but you aren't. LeBron James is though. DEAL WITH IT. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom