• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lebanon's middle class vanishes as economy collapses

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

As the Lebanese economy is still at rock bottom the middle class is wiped out. Meanwhile the rich are not getting any poorer, the political class and their business associates are doing just fine and are laughing at the masses. Sure the IMF is now readying an aid package, but that package goes directly into the pockets of the rich, and will stay there.

It is truly sad how corrupt and cruel the ruling classes are in most Arab countries.

Instead of helping their people, those leaders constantly whine about Israel.

I assume that a lot of ordinary Arab people realize that their worst enemy is their own government -- not Israel, which has made the desert bloom.

As the Lebanese economy is still at rock bottom the middle class is wiped out. Meanwhile the rich are not getting any poorer, the political class and their business associates are doing just fine and are laughing at the masses. Sure the IMF is now readying an aid package, but that package goes directly into the pockets of the rich, and will stay there.
Bingo. This is why I despise our foreign aid regime.

It is truly sad how corrupt and cruel the ruling classes are in most Arab countries.

Instead of helping their people, those leaders constantly whine about Israel.

I assume that a lot of ordinary Arab people realize that their worst enemy is their own government -- not Israel, which has made the desert bloom.
a tragedy

Back
Top Bottom