• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lebanese flotilla organizers found to have Hezbollah ties

Apocalypse

DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Lebanese flotilla organizers found to have Hezbollah ties

Though businessman, journalist deny terror group behind sail, both discovered to support Nasrallah

Roee Nahmias
Published: 06.16.10, 20:34 / Israel News

A Palestinian businessman who revealed himself recently as the organizer of another aid flotilla to Gaza has been found to have ties to Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah.

Yasser Kashlak, who is reportedly behind the flotilla set to leave from Beirut in the coming days, has announced that he has "no ties with Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran". But on August 14, 2009 he published a letter expressing support for Nasrallah.

"We and they know, sir, that you have vowed not to leave us alone and kept this promise. You dedicated your life, and still do, to the protection of our business which is also yours," Kashlak wrote in a letter to Nasrallah carried by the Lebanese Al-Akhbar.

"In the name of the Palestinian people… we stress that we are taking the path of resistance. Their campaigns will do no good, and history and geography will not lie. We ask Allah to extend your life and the lives of all who support Palestine and the noble resistance."

Kashlak, 39, heads the Palestinian Businessmen Association as well as the Lebanese institute of international research. He is also considered close to the Syrian government.

Kashlak also writes columns for a number of Lebanese papers and even publishes a little-known daily. In Lebanon, he is known as an up and coming leader of the Palestinian refugees, and has consistently opposed the peace process.

But Kashlak is not alone in organizing the Lebanese flotilla. Samar al-Hajj, a former Lebanese journalist, is in charge of the ship Miriam.

She is also the wife of a high-ranking officer in the Lebanese security forces who served a four-year prison term for his involvement in the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri, and was released one year ago. Three weeks ago, in honor of the anniversary of his release, the couple met with Nasrallah and thanked him for supporting the officer.

Lebanese flotilla organizers found to have Hezbollah ties - Israel News, Ynetnews

Anyone's surprised?

A Palestinian is a fan of Hassan Nasrallah!? Holy crap, he's a terrorist!

If Hezbollah were a terrorist organization and Nasrallah a terrorist it would be, but considering neither is true then no. Of course, being a fan of Nasrallah does not mean the Lebanese aid ship is being sent by Hezbollah or is tied to Hezbollah.

If Hezbollah were a terrorist organization and Nasrallah a terrorist it would be, but considering neither is true then no.
And considering that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization according to reality, your words are irrelevant.
Of course, being a fan of Nasrallah does not mean the Lebanese aid ship is being sent by Hezbollah or is tied to Hezbollah.
No, but having ties to Hezbollah does mean that it has ties to Hezbollah.
Or you're willing to argue about that too?

No, but having ties to Hezbollah does mean that it has ties to Hezbollah.
Or you're willing to argue about that too?

Really? Where do you get that it has ties to Hezbollah? One of the people praised Nasrallah and another met with him once to thank him for supporting her husband while he was in prison. If anything it might have been established that they have ties to Syria.

If someone is in Lebanon and has ties to Syria, that pretty much makes them a member of Hez right there.

It's so funny to watch apologists squirm.

If someone is in Lebanon and has ties to Syria, that pretty much makes them a member of Hez right there.

That's absurd. You might as well say everyone of any importance in Lebanon is a member of Hezbollah. Honestly, where are the ties to Hezbollah? All I'm seeing are two people from Lebanon who may have ties to Syria's government that are supportive of Hezbollah. That can be said of a large portion of Lebanon's population. It doesn't mean they act on Hezbollah's command in everything they do.

If Hezbollah were a terrorist organization and Nasrallah a terrorist it would be, but considering neither is true then no.

Both are very true, as hezbollah has conducted numerous suicide bombings as well as fired indiscriminate rocket fire into israeli towns and villages. It has also turned its weapons on fellow lebanese a few years back to further consolidate its power, while it creates just like the PLO did in the 70s/80s, a mini-separate state inside lebanon.

I cannot wait for the fascist dictatorship of thugs and murderers that is iran to be wiped from the map, and is hanged at the Hague for War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity. We can then all enjoy watching the diseased branches from the iranian tree of terrorism known as hezbollah and hamas wither and die...

Last edited:
Both are very true, as hezbollah has conducted numerous suicide bombings as well as fired indiscriminate rocket fire into israeli towns and villages.

The latter is not terrorism, but war crimes, and the former was almost all targeting military installations, which is definitely not terrorism. Only one bombing on a civilian structure has been attributed to Hezbollah and that was back in 1994, assuming it actually was being targeted as a civilian structure.

It has also turned its weapons on fellow lebanese a few years back to further consolidate its power, while it creates just like the PLO did in the 70s/80s, a mini-separate state inside lebanon.

This is true, but I'm not sure why it is relevant.

That's absurd.

I know, I was making a point that deflecting contacts to Syria doesn't necessarily help to exonerate someone of ties to Hez.

It's not like "Oh, ok, they have ties to Syria then they must be innocent".

In fact, I think there is an inflection in the other direction; that being, ties to Syria are not a good thing for anyone let alone Lebanese.

Last edited:
Demon of Light makes a good point. Hizb'allah shows restraint in attacking civilians, unless (perchance) they happen to be Israeli citizens and/or protected by the state of Israel.
So they're still terrorists...

I know, I was making a point that deflecting contacts to Syria doesn't necessarily help to exonerate someone of ties to Hez.

In fact, I think there is an inflection in the other direction; that being, ties to Syria are not a good thing for anyone let alone Lebanese.

I was not suggesting ties to Syria precludes ties to Hezbollah. I am only saying there is at best evidence of that, but no evidence of ties to Hezbollah. Like I said, a lot of people in Lebanon have ties to the Syrian government, but not Hezbollah. Not all Lebanese citizens opposed Syria's presence there after all and even opposing their presence does not mean opposing their government.

Demon of Light makes a good point. Hizb'allah shows restraint in attacking civilians, unless (perchance) they happen to be Israeli citizens and/or protected by the state of Israel.
So they're still terrorists...

Actually, despite saying Israeli citizens are legitimate targets as occupiers they do show restraint regarding any attacks on civilians Israeli or not. If they didn't I assure you far more Israeli civilians would be dead.

WOW! what a shocking news... Iran is sending flotillas, i wonder what organization they are linked to (Hezbollah)

watch this, UK general talks about the israeli IDF:
Login | Facebook

Actually, despite saying Israeli citizens are legitimate targets as occupiers they do show restraint regarding any attacks on civilians Israeli or not. If they didn't I assure you far more Israeli civilians would be dead.
They've murdered as many Israeli civilians as they were capable of murdering during the 2006 Lebanon war.
One Israeli-Arab MK has escaped to Lebanon after it was discovered that during that war he was providing the terrorists with coordinates of tense civilian populations. He's now a major Hizb'Allah supporter.

Indeed, since even today, there are still thousands of Lebanese citizens being held in Syrian gulags - but the leftists and their media allies prefer not to provide much coverage of such items...they'd rather focus on the latest arab farmer's tomato plant an israeli tank bumped into...

Last edited:

They show "restraint"? Thousands of rockets fired into most of northern israel is "restraint"? I cannot imagine how you'd describe them unloading Scud Cs and Ds into downtown Tel Aviv. Hezbollah is as much a terrorist org as al qaeda - and interestingly, is being imported into iran to assist the homegrown basij to put down democracy demonstrators.

Last edited:
If Hezbollah were a terrorist organization and Nasrallah a terrorist it would be, but considering neither is true then no. Of course, being a fan of Nasrallah does not mean the Lebanese aid ship is being sent by Hezbollah or is tied to Hezbollah.

Ya Hezbollah whose manifesto explicitly calls for the destruction of Israel and rejects any peaceful settlement out of hand is not a terrorist organization:

Hezbollah Manifesto:

We see in Israel the vanguard of the United States in our Islamic world. It is the hated enemy that must be fought until the hated ones get what they deserve. This enemy is the greatest danger to our future generations and to the destiny of our lands, particularly as it glorifies the ideas of settlement and expansion, initiated in Palestine, and yearning outward to the extension of the Great Israel, from the Euphrates to the Nile.

Our primary assumption in our fight against Israel states that the Zionist entity is aggressive from its inception, and built on lands wrested from their owners, at the expense of the rights of the Muslim people. Therefore our struggle will end only when this entity is obliterated. We recognize no treaty with it, no cease fire, and no peace agreements, whether separate or consolidated.

We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies, for the reason that such negotiation is nothing but the recognition of the legitimacy of the Zionist occupation of Palestine. Therefore we oppose and reject the Camp David Agreements, the proposals of King Fahd, the Fez and Reagan plan, Brezhnev's and the French-Egyptian proposals, and all other programs that include the recognition (even the implied recognition) of the Zionist entity.

Hezbollah which intentionally targets civilians, doesn't wear uniforms, conducts attacks from densly populated civilian sectors etc etc is not a terrorist organization. :roll: Just what in your book qualifies as a terrorist organization?

They've murdered as many Israeli civilians as they were capable of murdering during the 2006 Lebanon war.

Hezbollah has killed hundreds of Israeli soldiers since they formed and you think they were only capable of killing a few dozen Israeli civilians?

One Israeli-Arab MK has escaped to Lebanon after it was discovered that during that war he was providing the terrorists with coordinates of tense civilian populations. He's now a major Hizb'Allah supporter.

I read up on that and I'm not sure what you're saying or what this has to do with anything.

They show "restraint"? Thousands of rockets fired into most of northern israel is "restraint"? I cannot imagine how you'd describe them unloading Scud Cs and Ds into downtown Tel Aviv.

Though their rockets are not especially accurate they are accurate enough that if Hezbollah's intention was to maximize civilian casualties there would have been hundreds of dead Israeli civilians.

Hezbollah is as much a terrorist org as al qaeda - and interestingly, is being imported into iran to assist the homegrown basij to put down democracy demonstrators.

Hezbollah is far from a terrorist organization and they can not even remotely be compared to al-Qaeda.

Ya Hezbollah whose manifesto explicitly calls for the destruction of Israel and rejects any peaceful settlement out of hand is not a terrorist organization:

That does not make them a terrorist organization and I think you misunderstand what they mean by "destruction" since it refers mainly to the end of a Jewish-majority state by allowing the return of Palestinian Arabs to the country. The State of Israel would be destroyed in every sense in such a scenario even if the entire Jewish population remained there.

Hezbollah which intentionally targets civilians, doesn't wear uniforms, conducts attacks from densly populated civilian sectors etc etc is not a terrorist organization. :roll: Just what in your book qualifies as a terrorist organization?

Hezbollah very much does wear uniforms, even the Israeli military acknowledges that they have identifiable uniforms. The notion that they hide behind civilians is just Israeli propaganda with no real basis in reality. Hezbollah does operate in cities, but guess what, so does the IDF. Only a completely reckless military leader would not station military forces in urban centers. Not only is it necessary to provide security for said urban centers, there is plenty of cover for retreat should your position come under fire.

Um no because Hezbollah is not a state actor, they are subnational, they are not a legitimate military force, they do not wear uniforms or abide by any of the laws and customs of war.

So I take it you would agree if I said the U.S. and Israel have been long-time supporters of terrorism.

Last edited:
Hezbollah has killed hundreds of Israeli soldiers since they formed and you think they were only capable of killing a few dozen Israeli civilians?
Yeah.
The civilians unlike the soldiers were not in Lebanon, the civilians were out of their reach, in a nation with secured borders.
They've thrown thousands of rockets at Israeli civilian population centers, trying to murder as many Israeli civilians as the animals could, and so they did.
That is to ignore their other forms of terrorism, such as the sending of Samir Kuntar with his squad of terrorists to an Israeli shore, where they've murdered a cop, a father, and that father's 4 years old daughter.
I read up on that and I'm not sure what you're saying or what this has to do with anything.
Just given an example about how far they've went to satisfy their thirst for Israeli civilians' blood.
Though their rockets are not especially accurate they are accurate enough that if Hezbollah's intention was to maximize civilian casualties there would have been hundreds of dead Israeli civilians.
That's bull**** and you haven't even based that statement. Your attempts to justify their actions is meaningless since it is only backed by your own useless opinion.
Hezbollah is far from a terrorist organization and they can not even remotely be compared to al-Qaeda.
There is no difference, both are essentially part of the same notion.
Declare a state hostile and then do your best to murder its civilians.
The only difference is that one of the two organizations is more thirsty towards Jewish blood.

Last edited:
Yeah.
The civilians unlike the soldiers were not in Lebanon, the civilians were out of their reach, in a nation with secured borders.
They've thrown thousands of rockets at Israeli civilian population centers, trying to murder as many Israeli civilians as the animals could, and so they did.

I am telling you right now if they were really looking to kill as many civilian as they could there would have been far more dead Israeli civilians. You noted they supposedly worked with an Israel-Arab MK so it would be safe to say they have quite a few contacts with the general Israeli-Arab population and likely have contacts with Palestinians that all could allow Hezbollah to attack Israeli civilians. Yet despite this and being capable of nearly sinking an Israeli naval vessel they apparently are rather terrible at targeting civilians. Honestly, it would not have been terribly difficult to kill lots of civilians if they wanted to do so. I think the results more accurately represent Hezbollah's intent, that is the general shutdown of activity in Northern Israel.

That is to ignore their other forms of terrorism, such as the sending of Samir Kuntar with his squad of terrorists to an Israeli shore, where they've murdered a cop, a father, and that father's 4 years old daughter.

That was in 1979. Hezbollah didn't even exist yet!

Just given an example about how far they've went to satisfy their thirst for Israeli civilians' blood.

Where do you get that from? I looked at reports from Israeli news and they don't mention anything that would link this to your claim of Hezbollah explicitly looking to kill civilians.

That's bull**** and you haven't even based that statement. Your attempts to justify their actions is meaningless since it is only backed by your own useless opinion.

I am not attempting to justify anything.

There is no difference, both are essentially part of the same notion.
Declare a state hostile and then do your best to murder its civilians.
The only difference is that one of the two organizations is more thirsty towards Jewish blood.

Like I said if Hezbollah were really doing its best to kill civilians there would be hundreds of dead Israeli civilians. Remember this is the group that killed over 200 U.S. soldiers back in the 80's in a single bombing. If they were looking to kill as many civilians as they could you can be guaranteed there would be hundreds of dead Israeli civilians.

I am telling you right now if they were really looking to kill as many civilian as they could there would have been far more dead Israeli civilians. You noted they supposedly worked with an Israel-Arab MK so it would be safe to say they have quite a few contacts with the general Israeli-Arab population and likely have contacts with Palestinians that all could allow Hezbollah to attack Israeli civilians. Yet despite this and being capable of nearly sinking an Israeli naval vessel they apparently are rather terrible at targeting civilians. Honestly, it would not have been terribly difficult to kill lots of civilians if they wanted to do so. I think the results more accurately represent Hezbollah's intent, that is the general shutdown of activity in Northern Israel.

That was in 1979. Hezbollah didn't even exist yet!

Where do you get that from? I looked at reports from Israeli news and they don't mention anything that would link this to your claim of Hezbollah explicitly looking to kill civilians.

I am not attempting to justify anything.

Like I said if Hezbollah were really doing its best to kill civilians there would be hundreds of dead Israeli civilians. Remember this is the group that killed over 200 U.S. soldiers back in the 80's in a single bombing. If they were looking to kill as many civilians as they could you can be guaranteed there would be hundreds of dead Israeli civilians.

Hezbollah probables realizes that if they were to kill very many civilians the Israeli army and air force would be less constrained from doing the same in Lebanon. If they were ever to cause heavy civilian deaths then what would rain down on Lebanon would be terrible.

They probably remember what Black September means and do not want to be thrown out of their safe haven like the PLO was thrown out of Jordon.

Hezbollah probables realizes that if they were to kill very many civilians the Israeli army and air force would be less constrained from doing the same in Lebanon. If they were ever to cause heavy civilian deaths then what would rain down on Lebanon would be terrible.

They probably remember what Black September means and do not want to be thrown out of their safe haven like the PLO was thrown out of Jordon.

The Israeli intel has also successfully stopped multiple attempts in foreign nations by hez to attack their embassies and facilities in the wake of Muginyeh's death. It is not just the successful attacks we need to be mindful of, there are probably 10 failed ones for each successful attack.

I don't really care why they avoid killing civilians, the fact they do avoid killing them is all that matters.

The Israeli intel has also successfully stopped multiple attempts in foreign nations by hez to attack their embassies and facilities in the wake of Muginyeh's death. It is not just the successful attacks we need to be mindful of, there are probably 10 failed ones for each successful attack.

So says Israel, but assuming this is the case it does not mean much of anything as attacking an embassy is perfectly legitimate, especially considering that there is most likely a spy in every single one. Hell, sometimes an embassy or consulate is staffed almost entirely by spies.

Back
Top Bottom