• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Learning To Live With The Coronavirus

"Trump's strategy" was waiting for the 15 initial cases to drop to zero.

That was 200,000 dead Americans ago.

According to the following the

Mortality in the most affected countries

For the twenty countries currently most affected by COVID-19 worldwide, the bars in the chart below show the number of deaths either per 100 confirmed cases (observed case-fatality ratio) or per 100,000 population (this represents a country’s general population, with both confirmed cases and healthy people). Countries at the top of this figure have the most deaths proportionally to their COVID-19 cases or population, not necessarily the most deaths overall.

United States has slightly over 59 deaths per 100k

France has slightly over 42 per 100k

United States ranks #11 out of the top 20 counties most affected

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Last edited:
It's okay. We need to lose a few billion off this ball in order to survive anyway.

The world has decided that Trump's strategy of learning to live with the Coronavirus is the only real strategy.

Even as Cases Rise, Europe Is Learning to Live With the Coronavirus

After the failure to contain it that was largely his fault?

I guess so. :shrug:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

After the failure to contain it that was largely his fault?

I guess so. :shrug:

How would you contain it? We locked down with over 33% drop in GDP and over 11.5% unemployment. How much higher did you want those numbers to go? Mask mandates don't work because people (mostly the young under 30) don't follow mask mandates. And, Biden just recently admitted that it is unconstitutional to have a national mask mandate. Every country on the planet who locked down more than the US has now opened back up and are again seeing surges.

How would you contain it? We locked down with over 33% drop in GDP and over 11.5% unemployment. How much higher did you want those numbers to go? Mask mandates don't work because people (mostly the young under 30) don't follow mask mandates. And, Biden just recently admitted that it is unconstitutional to have a national mask mandate. Every country on the planet who locked down more than the US has now opened back up and are again seeing surges.

It's probably too late now but it can still be minimized. And yet...there The Donald is, out there, promoting gatherings indoors and discouraging mask wearing, all for his OWN GAIN.

He is still actively working against containment. Period.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom