• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Learning From The Past

RealityNow

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Learning From The Past

It's up to PEOPLE, to Learn from the past, its a personal responsibility of "each individual" -
  • Those who fail to learn from the past, are prone and highly likely to repeat the same mistakes, take the wrong course of thoughts and the wrong course of actions and make the same misjudgments and miscalculation, and they may even live repeating a cycle of uninformed conduct.

• Some think the past does not matter, but the wise knows how much it matters and they do not blot it out, they reflect and learn. ANYONE who makes themselves unable to Learn also make themselves unable to Change, and if they are unable to change, they stump their own growth.

In 2005-2007 - People became wild and crazy over "Real Estate Appraisers" escalating the Housing Prices, The Brokers bought into it, the Agents bought into and the Banks bought into it, "each looking at high profit and blinded themselves to the damages they were creating". They IGNORED, and disregarded the fact that when property increase, property tax must have some parallel increase. WHY? When people pay more for the homes, they want better city services, they want improvement in city attributes, BUT they don't don't want to pay increased property tax to have those improvements. They then want to divert city money from other areas, to improve their areas, and ignore that they push down other communities to uplift their own. Then they wonder why the overall of the city declines.

EVERYTHING is Connected in Society... EVERYTHING!!!!

People fight against Legislation, and then complain when Legislation has not been enacted to address a problem become it become a calamity with catastrophic results, that reverberate throughout the environmental areas, whether its city, town, suburb, country rural settings or even business and industrial.

It all happened before: Real Estate Prices were jacked up higher and higher, and Property Tax was not increased. Problems not only mounted they expanded, roads deteriorated, drainage issues, and every part of city services took a great hit, and this happen in cities that were already stretched beyond the limits on what tax revenue could meet.

Legislation, should be crafted and debated, to gather information as to how to tame this "monstrosity greed programming". Example: If a house rises in value more than 5-10 within a span of 2 yrs, that it automatically triggers a "Property Tax Re-Assessment". If Homes are Modified that increase the values then there has to be a metric that has a trigger point for Property Tax Increase.

Raising Interest Rates is not the only way to address the problem of an "over valuation of real property'. There is data that shows the wage rate of any areas, when the wage rate is stagnant and only moves, miniscule point, that should have an impact on how curtailing exaggerated Appraisal Valuations. Home Insurer's know how to deal with these type of changes and they will increase the rate when this type of inflation is going to put them in a challenged situations.

We watched over valuation bring down the economy, and as usual we get "SELECTIVE AMNESIA' when "greed gain" dominates the mental focus, and we sit back and allow things to get out of hand.

Those MBS (Mortgage Backed Security) are again, heading into big trouble, there will be defaults within those packaged securities, and this time, it needs to be called out, rather than hidden and false and misleading Bond Ratings, hide the truth.

When Interest Rates are increased, "That takes money out of cities and communities and gives it over to the banks, and that means that money does not circulate in the communities, it does not circulate in the cities, counties or the states, its goes into the Bank's Profit Coffers.

All The House Jumping that people are doing, is not for everyone. Some people can afford the game, others cannot. But, to drive up cost that makes homes unaffordable, does not help the general society. It helps these Corporations that now over bid on properties, and then turn them into "rental units" at excessive rates, as their profit model. The damage to communities, is: People are no longer "Stake Holder" in the community, so a "transit cycle" lowers the stability of the community.

That' also means, Kids are frequently changing schools and they don't have the stability to build a stable network of school friends, and we see over and over, this cycle producing mal-adjusted kids, because they were unable to establish sustainable relationships with long term friendships.

People don't think of these things, when they "think greed" and chasing the ever more insidiousness of exaggerated home appraisals.

People who can't look into this thread to understand what is the value Home Affordability has upon what constitutes a "Stable Community" and don't think of all the factors involved in "exaggerated appraisal valuations", and how it negatively impacts communities.
  • Please don't come to this thread with a bunch of "insidious greed chasing idiocy", that ignores the broad spectrum of impacts that result from over inflated home valuations and the consequence it wreaks upon society.

How many grew up in "Stable Communities" ? How many were able to develop school friendship that last more than 1-2 yrs, before moving to some other place and starting over again.

Kids, need "stability", but so do adults!!! Often times I think we forget the value of "stable community relations"..

Areas with lots of Apartments, seem to have people moving in and people moving out, and that fast cycle, can break down community cohesion and it has an impact on kids and adults. We often don't think of these things in the details that we could. Young kids and teen kids making friends is not as easy as some may think, and in today's society it has many challenge that were not so pronounced in the distant past.

We have many reasons to be concerned about "the big picture impacts of "Appraisals Running Wild", and causing more issues than people are looking at beyond basic affordability. It has very deep and wide spread impacts... on community, city, county, state and certainly upon the individual family and individualized family members.

I pretty much agree with what you say. Also, one of my main gripes is the agents fees. I can only talk about Sarasota but others tell me it's wide spread.
You have houses here in Sarasota that sell for upwards around 600,000.00 Most of the agents here charge 4 percent for listing and showing the house.
So, let me get this straight. > You list the house on your web page and others, do some paper work..Big Deal....look and take pictures of the house..again, big deal.
Then you show the house, somewhere around 7 times (Average) ..again big deal..(Boy, you have to get in your car and drive to the house)..Big deal.
For all that hard, scientific, sweaty work you have done ...total of maybe 10 hours...you want 24 thousand dollars?? Are you F... kidding me?
Most people work 1/2 a year to make 24 grand..and you think your ass is worth that same figure? Who do you think you are? The worlds greatest brain surgeon?
What a racket.

I pretty much agree with what you say. Also, one of my main gripes is the agents fees. I can only talk about Sarasota but others tell me it's wide spread.
You have houses here in Sarasota that sell for upwards around 600,000.00 Most of the agents here charge 4 percent for listing and showing the house.
So, let me get this straight. > You list the house on your web page and others, do some paper work..Big Deal....look and take pictures of the house..again, big deal.
Then you show the house, somewhere around 7 times (Average) ..again big deal..(Boy, you have to get in your car and drive to the house)..Big deal.
For all that hard, scientific, sweaty work you have done ...total of maybe 10 hours...you want 24 thousand dollars?? Are you F... kidding me?
Most people work 1/2 a year to make 24 grand..and you think your ass is worth that same figure? Who do you think you are? The worlds greatest brain surgeon?
What a racket.
It's the history of "Land Baron's" gaming; its all connected. In Early America, the only people who were considered as important were Bankers, Industrialist and Land Baron, Then Professionals and Semi Professionals.
All developed means to pay themselves excessively at the expense of the people.

There is no justification for a House to require 30 yrs to pay it off.
example: People can pay off a 100K car in 5-6-7 yrs. Why does it take 30 yrs to pay off a 100k house? Answer: because it makes the Bankers Rich, The Agents can over value the property for a fee, the agents them market it at the exaggerated price for a % cut, and all these other "trash fees" that are added into the sale. It's been a racket and people just have not challenged it the way it should be challenged.. Simply because people have for too long, just accepted the system process as it is.

I think the young people will figure it out and make the changes that are needed in the next 2 decades, and hopefully they can do so sooner. I think the excessive pricing is going to bring a major change!!! It makes no sense for these "cheaply built homes with 2x4, cover with some plastic coated foam, with a brick veneer... should have have a price tag as it does. These damn things get blown off the entire foundation in storms.

Likely some of the best home building was done during the Era when they built the Craftsman Homes.
Craftsman houses appeared throughout the United States in the early twentieth century, thanks to pattern books and the popular press," Grant says, meaning these well-constructed homes are still widely prevalent across the country, even at 100 years old.

Craftsman homes are an American architectural tradition that emerged and spread primarily between 1900 and 1929. It was a backlash against the mass-produced,

1655999072483.png 1655999092829.png

Some of this "cookie cutter stuff" they build today... is horrible when people who know, look into the actual workmanship and realize the lacking of durable quality that can't even come close to the quality standards of "Craftsman Era Homes".

I had one... it was built in 1929. It had endured "every earthquake in California" since it was built, in the 1990's Earthquake... It shook, but nothing broke, others had their homes fall off the foundation, some had catastrophic damages. Even my second home which was built in the 1950's endured those quakes and it was no foundation damages, I did not have cracks running up the walls or any of that.

I now have a 4bd room home, built in the early 1960's not in California, but where I now live in another state. It's very solidly built. sits on a very nice size lot with nice front and back yard space. I don't care if some appraiser claims to add some insidiously excessive value to it. I'm not going to refinance it, nor am I going to sell it. So, it won't impact me. Home is Home... I don't need to house jump every x number of years.

In 2005-2007 - People became wild and crazy over "Real Estate Appraisers" escalating the Housing Prices, The Brokers bought into it, the Agents bought into and the Banks bought into it, "each looking at high profit and blinded themselves to the damages they were creating". They IGNORED, and disregarded the fact that when property increase, property tax must have some parallel increase. WHY? When people pay more for the homes, they want better city services, they want improvement in city attributes, BUT they don't don't want to pay increased property tax to have those improvements. They then want to divert city money from other areas, to improve their areas, and ignore that they push down other communities to uplift their own. Then they wonder why the overall of the city declines.

City services like police protection. Shouldn't the city of Uvalde refund the property taxes of the parents whose kids were murdered because the Uvalde cops were on their union-mandated 45 minute coffee break when the shooting at the school took place?

City services like police protection. Shouldn't the city of Uvalde refund the property taxes of the parents whose kids were murdered because the Uvalde cops were on their union-mandated 45 minute coffee break when the shooting at the school took place?
Take that kind of comment some other place.

If you paid attention to the ongoing "ISSUES" you'd know the concern is about them standing around in the hallway while the SAVAGE killed those kids.!!!!

If it had been a wealthy white kids school, everyone of those law enforcement people would have busted the door down IMMEDIATELY.

It's going to take actions of people to stop the Madness.

Read:
quotes

The housing market squeeze pushes renters into bidding wars

Brandon Schwedes of Port Orange, Fla., did not plan to move this year, and the 40-year-old single dad — a logistics account executive — didn't have money saved up for it. But his landlord said she wanted to sell the place, so Schwedes started looking around. That's when he got another shock.

"I found the house that I was living in posted for rent for $2,000," he says. "And I was paying $1,400.

The landlord said she knew that was out of his range. Schwedes' rent was already nearly half his take-home pay. Still, he applied for another place listed at $1,750 and was told he had a lock on it. But the next day the agent said sorry, someone else had just offered $200 more, sight unseen.

Schwedes eventually found a place at his former rent, a much smaller townhouse with no yard or garage and farther from his kids' school. He says the whole process has shaken his longtime hope that at some point he'd be able to buy a home. He wants to build equity and have something to pass on to his children. He also craves a place he can decorate, where the family could always gather for holidays and future grandkids could visit, "the stuff that you think is normal, that you see in movies growing up."

Now he feels this cornerstone of the American dream will never happen for him.

"I've lived in the same area for 20 years. I know what these houses were renting for, and what they were selling for," he says. "But what's occurred over the last two years, it's just like boom. ... Destruction."

-------------------​

Rents across the U.S. rise above $2,000 a month for the first time ever

1656071506163.png
end quotes

GREED is making people "more crazy" !!!!​

Back
Top Bottom