• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LEAKED EMAIL: Fox boss caught slanting news reporting

The Democrats created the term, they after all were the ones trying to pass reform. The term was used in polls, so to call anything else confuses the issue.

It doesn't bother me that much, I'm simply saying it's bias. Bias that was developed by Frank Luntz. Everything on Fox is carefully scripted.

Suuuuure it doesn't bother you. That's why you have to keep lying about it. They're not using what Luntz suggested. They're using "the public option, which is the government-run plan."

As I said, if you can come up with something more accurate, informative, and non-biased than that, then by all means, let's see it.

But if you think "the public option" by itself is it, then truth is not what you're after. Why do you want to hide that it's the government-run plan? Why do you object to it being said?

It couldn't be because it's more favorable to Democrats that way, could it? Naaaah.

I have replied to the SPIRIT of the thread sir. What have you to add? (like your avatar BTW)

Fox News sets a policy of using an accurate discriptor, and you call it lying. I pointed out exactly how it's accurate and not the "bias" that some really, really, really want it to be.

(Unless, of course, you think "bias" is "telling the truth when it's less favorable to Democrats.")

Last edited:
Suuuuure it doesn't bother you. That's why you have to keep lying about it. They're not using what Luntz suggested. They're using "the public option, which is the government-run plan."

Where is your proof of this?

You're missing the point.

I think you all are missing the point... It's about honesty.

Fox management wanted the issue portrayed in a more honest way, rather than accepting the liberal/democrat way of portraying the issue so it sounds more friendly, like the rest of the liberal media always does.

You want to see a good example of the honesty I'm talking about... or rather the lack of honesty from the left, that the main stream media willingly went along with?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...orks-have-characterized-debate-tax-rates.html

Last edited:
Sweet Christ. It's in your OP.
No, it's not there. What's there, are the emails, not any proof the hosts and coorespondents are using what you say is the preferred way. Click on the Media Matters link in the OP to learn more; there's a video to watch. Notice the wording in the chyron on the screen grab below.

Attachments

• govoption.jpg
    govoption.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 57
No, it's not there. What's there, are the emails, not any proof the hosts and coorespondents are using what you say is the preferred way. Click on the Media Matters link in the OP to learn more; there's a video to watch. Notice the wording in the chyron on the screen grab below.

OK, then your OP had no point whatsoever, since according to you there's no evidence they actually do anything it says. Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

This is, of course, not the first time you've torpedoed your own argument to try to win a point later in the thread, or in a different thread. And most of the time, you're completely oblivious to having done it. And I'm sure my pointing it out here won't help.

OK, then your OP had no point whatsoever, since according to you there's no evidence they actually do anything it says. Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

This is, of course, not the first time you've torpedoed your own argument to try to win a point later in the thread, or in a different thread. And most of the time, you're completely oblivious to having done it. And I'm sure my pointing it out here won't help.

There is plenty of evidence they follow Bill Sammon's email, not Michael Clemente's.

\Notice the wording in the chyron on the screen grab below.

I see it! "...Had his LEFT pinky bitten off" (emph. mine)

Fox News! Always attacking the LEFT!

Actually, to be honest I have thought about this email some. I just don't see what the hubbub is all about. "Government Option" is a perfectly clear and accurate name for what they are describing. "Public Option" seems less clear to me.

I just don't see any giant conspiracy.

And I don't even like Fox News.

I think you all are missing the point... It's about honesty.

Fox management wanted the issue portrayed in a more honest way, rather than accepting the liberal/democrat way of portraying the issue so it sounds more friendly, like the rest of the liberal media always does.

You want to see a good example of the honesty I'm talking about... or rather the lack of honesty from the left, that the main stream media willingly went along with?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...orks-have-characterized-debate-tax-rates.html

I really wish I could find a transcript of Rangle on Huckabee last night.
At one point he said something about how they purposely give things (bills?) nicer sounding names than the deserve. Dang I wish I could remember his exact words. It wasn't something he was embarassed about, but was just stating a fact.

Why is there Fox News in the first place?

Why shouldn't there be? ksu_aviator explained it plainly.

If the old guard (broadcast media + CNN) hand't been tacitly and mildly biased for so long in the other direction I do not believe the vacuum that FN filled would have justified the creation of it.

That said, partisan ultra editorial media as we are seeing so much now in the US isabad outcome in the free press IMO. TBH it seems to me CNN is becoming more centrist in reality while most other outlets are reinforcing partisan slants.

Still the OP is a ridiculous and super over sensitive premise. And the OPer needs to check his obsession IMHO. He is just as bad as the FN viewers he loves to hate.

Why is there Fox News in the first place?

It's the only place that you can get news that's not spoon -fed to you.
Without Fox and talk radio, we'd pretty much have something similar to Venezuela media.

Without Fox and talk radio, we'd pretty much have something similar to Venezuela media.

irony6.jpg

I thought I already posted this, but don't see it.(can't believe I'm posting a link to MM)
Anyway, I didn't realize it was in response to Nancy Pelosi that the E-mail was sent. Or maybe in response to MM's hit piece on Fox and Friends? :lol:

Fox & Friends hosts Luntz to decry Pelosi "rebranding" the public option, push "government option" language | Media Matters for America
CARLSON: Let's talk a little about the wordsmiths and how this sort of rebranding effort has been going on for the last couple of months. Now we have Nancy Pelosi not wanting to call it the public option. Shouldn't what we really call it is a government takeover of health care? Is that why she now wants to call it the consumer option, to kind of shield that?
LUNTZ: Well, look, a lemon is a lemon; you can call it an orange or an apple. And I have a simple question for people out there who are watching right now, what you should call it. Who created it, the public or the government? Who determines the details of what's in this plan, the public or the government? Who is promoting this plan, the public or the government? Now she's realized the so-called public option that she wants to call it is losing support on a daily basis, and so she's trying to change the language behind it. The problem is that the American people really don't want Washington running their health care. They really don't want Washington making the decision that should be made by doctors and hospitals. And so she's trapped in this ideological crusade that an increasing number of Americans are opposing.

Might be interesting to know who Mike and Bill are??? Do they write talking points for the producers of the many Fox News shows?? Who are they and what do they do at Fox??

Not that I see a problem with the way that they want to portray the public option.

You realize that the Venezuelan media is incredibly anti-Chavez and pro-business... right? Also, you can get Fox in Venezuela...

You realize that the Venezuelan media is incredibly anti-Chavez and pro-business... right? Also, you can get Fox in Venezuela...

Say it so, Joe. . . Say it so. . .

;)

Really... So you're saying that Chavez is really just a lovable guy who would never try and silence his detractors?

So all the reports over the last several years were just an illusion?

I guess these news stories must have been taken from fiction novels:

Venezuela's Chavez Moves to Tighten Control Over Private Media

CARACAS -- President Hugo Chavez's administration is moving to tighten its grip over Venezuela's media industry by expanding its oversight of private broadcasters, pledging to take off the air 154 FM radio stations and threatening to shut down cable-television providers.

It's the latest step in Mr. Chavez's decade-long battle with the country's private media that has already cost one of the country's most popular television networks its broadcasting license and could take Venezuela's only nationwide private 24-hour news channel, which is critical of the president, off the airwaves.

Public Works Minister Diosdado Cabello, who is also head of the government's broadcasting regulator, announced Thursday the government's new blueprint for the media industry.

The new regulations will bring under government oversight private Venezuelan channels that only broadcast through private cable providers.

The new law is sure to hit the RCTV network, which locked horns with Mr. Chavez and saw its broadcasting license expire without renewal in 2007. Since then, RCTV has survived through cable broadcasts.
Venezuela's Chavez Moves to Tighten Control Over Private Media - WSJ.com

Chavez taking control of Venezuela's media, according to report
By Juan O. Tamayo | The Miami Herald
An unclassified U.S. intelligence report says Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is "moving forcefully" to stifle media criticism by closing scores of radio stations, tightening controls on one TV station and maneuvering to seize control of another.

"Chávez's government is moving forcefully to silence critics," the Open Source Center wrote in a report dated Aug. 3. Part of the office of the Director of National Intelligence, the nation's intelligence czar, the Center provides analysis based on public information such as newspaper, radio and television reports.

The two-page Venezuela report — labeled "Unclassified/FOUO" or For Official Use Only — listed seven well-known examples of Venezuelan government efforts to crack down on or seize control of media outlets.
Chavez taking control of Venezuela's media, according to report | McClatchy

Chavez’ “Muzzle” media law to be extended to the control of the Internet
November 25, 2010

Today we get the news that the Government wants to extend the so called “Muzzle Law” to the Internet. While some have reported this as a “rumor”, this is not simply a rumor as this document clearly shows. It is a proposal made to the Venezuelan Vice-President Elias Jaua by the country’s telecom commission CONATEL and aims to:

“Have the State protect collective interests, particularly those of kids and adolescents, as receptors of messages via…electronic media, through resounding measures that would allow the control by these actors for the effective compliance with the laws”
Chavez’ “Muzzle” media law to be extended to the control of the Internet « The Devil’s Excrement

Chavez government continues in efforts to control media

The Venezuelan Press Block reported to the Inter American Press Association that the government of Hugo Chavez is gaining more control of Venezuelan media outlets.

According to the BPV Chavez has control over 238 radio stations, 28 TV stations, 340 newspapers, weekly publications and magazines and 125 websites. That gives the Chavez government control of enough news outlets to make sure his and only his message gets wide distribution.

Venezuela shares with Cuba the dubious status of being one of two non-free countries in the Western Hemisphere, according to Freedom House. The organization’s annual review of press freedom puts Venezuela at second to the bottom — with Cuba taking lowest place. In global rankings, Venezuela is at 160 out of 190
Chavez government continues in efforts to control media | Journalism, Journalists and the World

And this is only the tip of the iceburg... I've got tons more at my finger tips. Want me to post some more?

SirPwn4lot said:

Really... So you're saying that Chavez is really just a lovable guy who would never try and silence his detractors?

So all the reports over the last several years were just an illusion?

I guess these news stories must have been taken from fiction novels:

Venezuela's Chavez Moves to Tighten Control Over Private Media - WSJ.com

Chavez taking control of Venezuela's media, according to report | McClatchy

Chavez’ “Muzzle” media law to be extended to the control of the Internet « The Devil’s Excrement

Chavez government continues in efforts to control media | Journalism, Journalists and the World

And this is only the tip of the iceburg... I've got tons more at my finger tips. Want me to post some more?

He 'really' needs to change his handle to SirPwnedAlot... really.

He 'really' needs to change his handle to SirPwnedAlot... really.

You know what's even more hillarious? Boo Radley and Guy Incognito actually believed that tripe he posted, and thanked him for the useless post... lolololololol

Back
Top Bottom