• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leaked: Biden's 2016 Calls With Ex-President Of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Leaked: Biden's 2016 Calls With Ex-President Of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko | Video | RealClearPolitics

"I don't plan on going away. As a private citizen, I plan on staying deeply engaged in the endeavor that you have begun and we have begun," he told Poroshenko. "At least that’s my objective, that’s my objective. But if I go beforehand, I’m worried that they don’t know enough, they will think I’m trying to game them. They will think I am trying to put them in a corner. They will question my motives in going before they are fully briefed. And I’m sure you understand that, you’re a good negotiator."

In the tapes, edited or not, it is quite clear that the Obama administration was DEEPLY involved in a quip pro quo with Poroshenko. Since Democrats felt the need to impeach Trump for the mere implication of such a deal I figure they would demand that Biden immediately withdraw from the campaign for president.

Biden also trashes the Trump team. This is a stark contrast to the way Flynn spoke with Kislyak.

I suspect that the Democrats and the "resistance" will blow this off like they have most everything else that proves the Obama administration actually did all the stuff they accused the Trump administration of doing but I'll throw it out there for at least the last few hours before the forum shuts down for the transition.

In the tapes, edited or not, it is quite clear that the Obama administration was DEEPLY involved in a quip pro quo with Poroshenko. Since Democrats felt the need to impeach Trump for the mere implication of such a deal I figure they would demand that Biden immediately withdraw from the campaign for president.

lol what

“And the people they put forward to be part of the transition have to be cleared to do that, just as we had to be cleared after the Bush administration, etc. They have not done that, they’re trying to catch up and do it now since they fired the guy who headed up the transition just last week. The reason I bother to tell you that is I have been somewhat limited on what I am able to tell their team about Ukraine,” he admitted.

“The truth of the matter is that the incoming administration doesn’t know a great deal about the situation. So I am meeting with the vice president-elect, who is the only one who has any foreign policy experience,” he added, speaking of Vice President Mike Pence.

So basically the Trump team didn't have the clearance to hear matters related to national security, so Biden didn't tell them, and instead met with Pence to talk to him about it because he at least has experience.

And this is damning....why?

Like Jredbaron, I'm also confused about where the "gotcha" is supposed to be. Why don't you quote his quid-pro-quotery explicitly for us.

What demands did Biden make and what did he offer in return? Did he threaten to withhold congressionally appointed funds like Trump did? Use your big-boy writing skills and lay out the case for us.

Today Poroshenko is despised in Ukraine along with his corrupt administration but in these phone calls Biden and Poroshenko sound like dear buddies. :lol:

The part where Biden was fishing around about what Trump said in his phone call to Poroshenko was priceless.

Leaked: Biden's 2016 Calls With Ex-President Of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko | Video | RealClearPolitics

Biden also trashes the Trump team. This is a stark contrast to the way Flynn spoke with Kislyak.

I suspect that the Democrats and the "resistance" will blow this off like they have most everything else that proves the Obama administration actually did all the stuff they accused the Trump administration of doing but I'll throw it out there for at least the last few hours before the forum shuts down for the transition.

Hopeless and desperate idiocy. Just another hoaxing Trumpist.

Biden acted with bipartisan and foreign support. The prosecutor was corrupt. You're just lying, like always, and very stupidly at that.

When you buy a sandwich for lunch, it's a "quid pro quo." This, $10, for that, a sandwich. So that's not saying anything. What part of the quid or the quo do you think is corrupt?

When you buy a sandwich for lunch, it's a "quid pro quo." This, $10, for that, a sandwich. So that's not saying anything. What part of the quid or the quo do you think is corrupt?

Amazing, isn't it?

He genuinely did not see the problem with starting a thread alleging that Biden is bad because he did a thing when he couldn't say what the thing was or why it was bad.

Nothing you’re describing is on those tapes.

Back
Top Bottom