• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leader of campaign to fund Trump border wall to plead guilty to conspiracy, tax charges

Credence

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Same crime the former guy pardoned Bannon for. All of them are grifters

Leader of campaign to fund Trump border wall to plead guilty to conspiracy, tax charges​

A decorated U.S. Air Force veteran accused of defrauding donors in a fundraising campaign to help former President Donald Trump build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border has agreed to plead guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and three tax charges.

The U.S. Department of Justice revealed their plea agreement with Brian Kolfage, who led the "We Build the Wall" campaign, in a filing on Wednesday with the U.S. District Court in Manhattan.

Prosecutors said Kolfage told prospective donors he would "not take a penny" as he raised more than $25 million, yet took more than $350,000 and spent money on a boat, a luxury SUV, a golf cart, jewelry and cosmetic surgery, among other expenses.

The wire fraud conspiracy charge carries a maximum 20-year prison term. The tax charges, originally filed in Florida, include filing false tax returns and wire fraud.

I recall some posters bragging about having donated to this charlatan. I wonder if they all got their money back?.

Who cares. He is just a citizen, you know like Hunter.

I recall some posters bragging about having donated to this charlatan. I wonder if they all got their money back?.
I know, it keeps me up at night. ;)

@Queen Margo, not me, I wasn't dumb enough to fall for it. Looks good on everyone who got duped...yet again.

Leader of campaign to fund Trump border wall to plead guilty to conspiracy, tax charges​

A decorated U.S. Air Force veteran accused of defrauding donors in a fundraising campaign to help former President Donald Trump build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border has agreed to plead guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and three tax charges.

The U.S. Department of Justice revealed their plea agreement with Brian Kolfage, who led the "We Build the Wall" campaign, in a filing on Wednesday with the U.S. District Court in Manhattan.

Prosecutors said Kolfage told prospective donors he would "not take a penny" as he raised more than $25 million, yet took more than $350,000 and spent money on a boat, a luxury SUV, a golf cart, jewelry and cosmetic surgery, among other expenses.

The wire fraud conspiracy charge carries a maximum 20-year prison term. The tax charges, originally filed in Florida, include filing false tax returns and wire fraud.

decorated U.S. Air Force veteran

Talk about a fall from Grace. Poor corrupt little Trump devotee.

Not quite....he is a convicted felon. Hunter has not yet been charged much less convicted.
He would have been if not for "the big guy" being his dad.

This isn't about a Hunter...stay on topic.
You support...no wait...you aren't real who cares

Except you don't know that to be true, ie the Big Guy being his Dad. Besides which he is being investigated despite being the don of the sitting President.

So, the crack addict wrote an email talking about "the big guy" (might be his father). Ok. Then, what happened?

decorated U.S. Air Force veteran

Talk about a fall from Grace. Poor corrupt little Trump devotee.
People like this are so disappointing and actually saddens me. I look at all of the LE and Military involved in the attempted coup and it is just mind boggling how these people follow such a corrupt man.

Like Rick Wilson says, ETTD (Everything Trump Touches Dies)

Be sure to check out the Jan 6 thread: Sad

Kind of fun to go back read when this was first discussed here...

Huh

Wait, Mexico didn't pay for the Wall?

@Queen Margo, not me, I wasn't dumb enough to fall for it. Looks good on everyone who got duped...yet again.
she seems to be a bit defensive about this one. Must have donated money to the cause... 🤣 sucker

Who cares. He is just a citizen, you know like Hunter.

Did you throw your money at this particular scam?

I recall when this thing first popped up, Fox Noise promoted it heavily. And the usual trump crowd praised Kolfage.

Oh, BTW, Steve Bannon was involved in this scam, too. But Der fuhrer pardoned him for his role in it.

Of course, by then, they’d gotten all the sucker money and stuffed it in their pockets.

And now, let the little guys (who are scammers none the less) take the fall.

Did you throw your money at this particular scam?

I recall when this thing first popped up, Fox Noise promoted it heavily. And the usual trump crowd praised Kolfage.

Oh, BTW, Steve Bannon was involved in this scam, too. But Der fuhrer pardoned him for his role in it.

Of course, by then, they’d gotten all the sucker money and stuffed it in their pockets.

And now, let the little guys (who are scammers none the less) take the fall.
Nope.

A tRump associate? Guilty of major crimes? Say it ain't so!!

Anyone who sends money even vaguely in tRump's direction deserves what they get.

So, the crack addict wrote an email talking about "the big guy" (might be his father). Ok. Then, what happened?
The Big Guy was probably Hunter's drug dealer🙄

To the Right all that matters is the distraction from the cluster f**k that is the current GOP. What's actually in the laptop does not matter, it's not like after 4 years of Trumps family sucking off the goverment tit that they find some ethics.

The Trump family was working the game from the inside, like most politicians families at some point. Under Trump it was ignored, under Biden they fake outrage and clutch there pearls.

You would think these people would learn to put “Proceeds from donations will go to my personal bank account” in the small print by now. It’s not like the people who donate to the wall are geniuses anyway.

People like this are so disappointing and actually saddens me. I look at all of the LE and Military involved in the attempted coup and it is just mind boggling how these people follow such a corrupt man.

Like Rick Wilson says, ETTD (Everything Trump Touches Dies)

Be sure to check out the Jan 6 thread: Sad
This really reveals something about Trump that most of us already knew. How did Bannon get pardoned and this guy didn't? They were both at more or less the same level in the scheme. It just shows us that Trump could not care less about anyone who doesn't have close ties to him. He left this guy to rot in jail while Bannon is free.

Does anyone really think Trump cares about you, the average citizen?

Back
Top Bottom