• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lead from gasoline blunted the IQ of about half the U.S. population, study says

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Explains so much!

”In many cases, McFarland said, a 2 to 3 point IQ difference is nominal, unless an individual is on the lower side of IQ distribution.

“If you’re more toward cognitive impairment, a couple points can mean a lot,” he said.

Explains so much!

”In many cases, McFarland said, a 2 to 3 point IQ difference is nominal, unless an individual is on the lower side of IQ distribution.

“If you’re more toward cognitive impairment, a couple points can mean a lot,” he said.

Not remotely surprising. I've thought of it a lot. Just think about the effects of it, sitting in traffic for hrs every day commuting?

There are probably other chemicals doing just as much harm in current exhaust fumes. Cancer?

yup.....and they are called Foxicans

I think they missed a decimal place.

Explains so much!

That explains Boomers and Gen xers... And residents of dense cities...

This is an exact example in this country of the corruption of our politicians and the corporations and the shininess that can be capitalism. there was a scientist for decades showing evidence that lead was dangerous. The company that was selling lead products fought it, he got blackballed. and in some countries lead is still widely used. Profits over all else, the American way

Sound familiar? Just like climate change, companies selling propaganda and silencing scientists

... The “lead-crime hypothesis” is that (1) lead exposure at young ages leaves children with problems like learning disabilities, ADHD, and impulse control problems; and (2) those problems cause them to commit crime as adults — particularly violent crime. For many years, the major source of lead in the environment was leaded gasoline: car exhaust left lead behind to settle into dust on the roads and nearby land. When lead was removed from gasoline, lead levels in the environment fell, and kids avoided the lead exposure that caused these developmental problems. About 20 years later, when those kids became young adults, crime rates fell. This, proponents say, is what explains the mysterious and persistent decline in crime beginning in the early 1990s. ...

Explains so much!

That explains a lot.

(they will swarm this thread and say stuff like "well that explains democrats")

Explains so much!

It also made people much more violent.
Lead is awful stuff.

Not remotely surprising.

For centuries children in the colonies and later the States played with lead toys, stuck lead toys in their mouths, played with lead toys made with lead paint, spent their entire lives immersed in lead paint and on and on.

Are you suggesting lead is controlled by some supernatural force and only started causing problems of late?

Or are you suggesting lead was dormant for 1,000s of years and the Morgons living on Gamma Hydra Epsilon sent a coded message using sup-space carrier waves to activate lead and make it dangerous?

For centuries children in the colonies and later the States played with lead toys, stuck lead toys in their mouths, played with lead toys made with lead paint, spent their entire lives immersed in lead paint and on and on.

Are you suggesting lead is controlled by some supernatural force and only started causing problems of late?

Or are you suggesting lead was dormant for 1,000s of years and the Morgons living on Gamma Hydra Epsilon sent a coded message using sup-space carrier waves to activate lead and make it dangerous?

No.

Explains so much!

It only explains you.

Exposure to leaded gasoline lowered the IQ of about half the population of the United States, a new study estimates

I underlined the weasel word for you, not that you would know what that is.

The "study" (snicker) was conducted by a sociologist and a geographer.

Neither of those are sciences.

Lead paint still is.

Explains so much!

All Democrats, methinks.

Explains so much!

Big Gummint trying to tell me what I can and cant put in my body! I demand lead!!!!
-Our Fabulous trumpturds

It only explains you.

Exposure to leaded gasoline lowered the IQ of about half the population of the United States, a new study estimates

I underlined the weasel word for you, not that you would know what that is.

The "study" (snicker) was conducted by a sociologist and a geographer.

Neither of those are sciences.

Did you just say that sociology and geography aren't science?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

lolz.gif

Explains so much!

Yep, Biden lost about 50 points...
Just saw a gas station with $6/gal gas. I asked someone today who works for a drain cleaning service how inflation is affecting the business. He said they have already had to raise prices. I know why Democrats like this. When we pay more for goods and services, we pay more taxes without raising the income and capital gains taxes. Biden is going in the back door to get money for his BBB bull crap. But, we are on to him.

Back
Top Bottom