• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lead from gasoline blunted the IQ of about half the U.S. population, study says

it's been years ago since reading it, but i recall the outcome revealing that children who lived closer to the major roadways were found to have experienced a ~3 point loss of IQ when compared to kids who were not resident along a well traveled connector road
You don't suppose that there is any possibility that the difference could be accounted for by looking at the average income of the people who can only afford to live "close to major roadways" and the people who can afford to live in the suburbs, do you?

Yep, Biden lost about 50 points...
Just saw a gas station with $6/gal gas. I asked someone today who works for a drain cleaning service how inflation is affecting the business. He said they have already had to raise prices. I know why Democrats like this. When we pay more for goods and services, we pay more taxes without raising the income and capital gains taxes. Biden is going in the back door to get money for his BBB bull crap. But, we are on to him.
You wouldn't know how much a gallon of insulin is, would you?

You don't suppose that there is any possibility that the difference could be accounted for by looking at the average income of the people who can only afford to live "close to major roadways" and the people who can afford to live in the suburbs, do you?
i would be more inclined to see that economic stratification as a result of proximity to the road, the more affluent being able to have a greater setback
but do kids from poor families have lower average IQs than those from families of more means? i don't know that answer

You wouldn't know how much a gallon of insulin is, would you?
In the US, between US$66,244.71 and US$132,489.42.

But it really screws up your car's fuel system if you try to run a car on it.

i would be more inclined to see that economic stratification as a result of proximity to the road, the more affluent being able to have a greater setback
but do kids from poor families have lower average IQs than those from families of more means? i don't know that answer
Since there are two components to what is measured as "IQ", one being the "genetic range" that is available to the individual and the other being the effects of the individual's environment, I'd say that (all else being equal) a child from a poor family has the same "genetic range" as a child from a more affluent family, but that the child from the poor family is not going to have the same chances of developing a "functional IQ" that is as high as the child from the more affluent family.

This is much the same as a child who has a genetic makeup that makes for excellent horsemanship but who comes from a poor family is less likely to become an Olympic class equestrian than the same child would have had if they had come from a more affluent family.

Yep, Biden lost about 50 points...
Just saw a gas station with $6/gal gas. I asked someone today who works for a drain cleaning service how inflation is affecting the business. He said they have already had to raise prices. I know why Democrats like this. When we pay more for goods and services, we pay more taxes without raising the income and capital gains taxes. Biden is going in the back door to get money for his BBB bull crap. But, we are on to him.
1647065033359.png

Explains so much!

”In many cases, McFarland said, a 2 to 3 point IQ difference is nominal, unless an individual is on the lower side of IQ distribution.

“If you’re more toward cognitive impairment, a couple points can mean a lot,” he said.
Sounds like a grift for someone to get money for a fake study, especially given average IQ rose throughout the entire 20th century. You really can’t prove lead in gasoline lowered IQ across the population when the population had IQ growth during the same period

1) the oil industry doesn’t get subsidies other industries don’t get
2) subsidizing fuel purchases by low income people when the problem is supply will cause spiraling increases in price.
3) production can’t be ramped up easily because the government is restricting new production, not just be allowing left fascist judges to block oil projects, but by SEC rules which require oil companies to “factor the results of climate change” (translation fat ugly feminist women in an office get to make up imaginary climate change damages) in loan applications and stock sales which limits capital to increase production.

1) the oil industry doesn’t get subsidies other industries don’t get
2) subsidizing fuel purchases by low income people when the problem is supply will cause spiraling increases in price.
3) production can’t be ramped up easily because the government is restricting new production, not just be allowing left fascist judges to block oil projects, but by SEC rules which require oil companies to “factor the results of climate change” (translation fat ugly feminist women in an office get to make up imaginary climate change damages) in loan applications and stock sales which limits capital to increase production.
clueless

Yes.

Search the web.

You can buy wooden toys made with lead paint and lead toys and lead toys painted with lead paint that have survived since the 1600s, or you can go to museums and see them.

Children lived in housing with lead paint for centuries.

I grew up in two different apartments with lead paint before moving into a home with lead paint when I had 5 years.

Infants and toddlers and small children and even large children put things in their mouths. That's what they do. If you were a parent, you'd know that.

Well, if you were a parent with trophy kids you might not since the nanny takes care of them.

For centuries children in the colonies and later the States played with lead toys, stuck lead toys in their mouths, played with lead toys made with lead paint, spent their entire lives immersed in lead paint and on and on.

Are you suggesting lead is controlled by some supernatural force and only started causing problems of late?

Or
are you suggesting lead was dormant for 1,000s of years and the Morgons living on Gamma Hydra Epsilon sent a coded message using sup-space carrier waves to activate lead and make it dangerous?
Yes.

Search the web.

You can buy wooden toys made with lead paint and lead toys and lead toys painted with lead paint that have survived since the 1600s, or you can go to museums and see them.

Children lived in housing with lead paint for centuries.

I grew up in two different apartments with lead paint before moving into a home with lead paint when I had 5 years.

Infants and toddlers and small children and even large children put things in their mouths. That's what they do. If you were a parent, you'd know that.

Well, if you were a parent with trophy kids you might not since the nanny takes care of them.

TL;dr Apparently you didnt even remember what you asked me.

Back
Top Bottom