• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lawyers for Gillum, Nelson campaigns objected to noncitizen's vote being denied

Anthony60

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lawyers-for-gillum-nelson-campaigns-objected-to-noncitizens-vote-being-denied

“First one of these we’ve seen,” said Judge August Bonativa.
“Not a U.S. citizen, not counted.” said Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher, according to the transcript.

It was at this point where lawyers representing Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum and Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., issued objections -- although they did not give reasons for those objections. The objections were noted, but the vote was still not counted.

Real nice. They want ineligible votes to be counted. Gee, I wonder how these people got registered to vote? This is what these people are up to.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lawyers-for-gillum-nelson-campaigns-objected-to-noncitizens-vote-being-denied

“Not a U.S. citizen, not counted.” said Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher, according to the transcript.

It was at this point where lawyers representing Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum and Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., issued objections -- although they did not give reasons for those objections. The objections were noted, but the vote was still not counted.

Real nice. They want ineligible votes to be counted. Gee, I wonder how these people got registered to vote? This is what these people are up to.

Sore losers.

Forget Russia meddling....you have Liberals attempting to cheat through noncitizen voting and corrupt election supervisors. Mueller needs to stop piddling over Russia's supposed 2016 involvement and investigate some real electoral fudging.

Last edited:
Sore losers.

Forget Russia meddling....you have Liberals attempting to cheat through noncitizen voting and corrupt election supervisors. Mueller needs to stop piddling over Russia's supposed 2016 involvement and investigate some real electoral fudging.

So it would seem to appear.

Gollum is sadly where the democrats are moving their party to....we are doomed.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I have a request. Would you please post more faux news hit pieces that continually insinuate crimes are constantly being committed by right-wing nut's opponents? I just can't get enough of them. Thanks.

From the same article, but notably omitted from your recap:

The Nelson campaign distanced itself from the objections, which it said that it had not authorized.

“The lawyer who was present was not someone we had authorized to make such an objection. Noncitizens cannot vote in U.S. elections," Marc Elias, recount attorney for the Nelson campaign, said in a statement. The Gillum campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

This is a non-story. Anybody familiar with the law knows that lawyers object to everything out of caution. Perhaps the thinking was that an objection was necessary in case later investigation revealed the person was, in fact, a citizen. Pretty rich, too, that FOXNews has a headline about an objection to a single non-citizen's vote being disgarded, all the while Republicans are loudly objecting to counting the votes of tens of thousands of American citizens....

As an attorney you always object, until absolutely proven wrong. How does the lawyer know the true status? Because the opponent says so? Objection!

Nothing burger ...

As an attorney you always object, until absolutely proven wrong. How does the lawyer know the true status? Because the opponent says so? Objection!

Nothing burger ...
So then why did Nelson not say that instead of distancing himself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I have a request. Would you please post more faux news hit pieces that continually insinuate crimes are constantly being committed by right-wing nut's opponents? I just can't get enough of them. Thanks.

It's difficult to post them all, but a lot of us try. Meanwhile, try Google.

Anything to add on non citizens votes not being counted?

It's difficult to post them all, but a lot of us try. Meanwhile, try Google.

Anything to add on non citizens votes not being counted?

I think it's a bull**** story. Not an ounce of truth to it. Even if someone wanted an illegal vote to count, they wouldn't go on record saying it. Do do so would be as idiotic as starting a thread such as this.

More? I haven't posted any yet.

Back
Top Bottom