• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lawsuit Accuses Domino's Pizza of 'Rampant Wage Violations'

When this actually gets to court and they prove their case and Dominos is found guilty, let us all know. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Because New York makes it so hard for a business to do business. There's no way that any business in New York hasn't been in violation of the draconian wage regulations in that state - between union wage and benefits requirements that are enforceable by law, state prevailing wage regulations and laws that are different than the union wage requirements, and no real way to know which one must be followed. And, if you don't guess correctly, you get fined huge fines and debarred from doing business with the government. The only way to avoid that problem is either stop doing business in NY state all together (which is what I chose to do), or bribe al the people that could possibly give you problems, including the mob (which I chose not to do, and paid for it in the end). We paid union wages and benefits, and paid the company's union dues, and paid all the employee's union dues, because the NY DOL said that doing so would make sure we were in compliance... WRONG. Cost me tens of thousands of dollars and a plea agreement to "no contest" to a misdemeanor for the company.

Absolute bull****.

The advertising that the state of New York is doing to recruit businesses to New York State should be used as the prime evidence in a class action fraud case against the state by all the businesses that fall prey to their deceptive advertising, the crazy lies that the state DOL will tell them, and then having to kowtow to the union bosses with thousands of dollars.

That's what the hell it has to do with the OP - at least in my case.

When this actually gets to court and they prove their case and Dominos is found guilty, let us all know. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything.

Actually, wage theft is pretty common, and has been around for decades. When I was a kid in high school, I worked part time at a Big Boy's restaurant washing dishes. One night, the dishwasher broke, and instead of sending me home, the manager told me to stick around and wait. instead of waiting, I repaired the dishwasher. The manager told me I wasn't going to be paid for any of the time, about 2 hours, that I wasn't actually washing dishes, even though I had just saved him a ton of money by fixing it myself. My father talked to his lawyer, who recommended that I file a complaint with the Labor Relations Management Board, which I did. I got fired for doing so, but I won my complaint, and got paid for the time I missed, along with some of the time I didn't work because I had been fired (That was about 16 more hours). Turns out that the company also got into trouble for retaliating against me for filing the complaint. As for being fired, I just got a job someplace else. Felt pretty good to put that asshole in his place.

I think the government should shut dominoes down. That'll fix it.

The communist mayor passed a law that requires employees to be referred to according to the gender they identify as.

That's overkill, of course, but you already knew it before you posted that. No, the government should not shut down anybody, but if a company commits wage theft, then that company should have to accept the consequences of violating the law. It's pretty simple, actually.

Last edited:

NY having a real tough time attracting and keeping bussinesses for some reason AND their losing New Yorkers too.

A Progressive activist AG isn't making that any easier on them

That's overkill, of course, but you already knew it before you posted that. No, the government should not shut down anybody, but if a company commits wage theft, then that company should have to accept the consequences of violating the law. It's pretty simple, actually.
Just recently Tyson Foods tried to get the supreme court to issue a broad ruling that would have effectively immunized them against class actions for wage and hour theft, making it impossible for workers to bring claims. You're correct, wage theft is common.

Because New York makes it so hard for a business to do business. There's no way that any business in New York hasn't been in violation of the draconian wage regulations in that state - between union wage and benefits requirements that are enforceable by law, state prevailing wage regulations and laws that are different than the union wage requirements, and no real way to know which one must be followed. And, if you don't guess correctly, you get fined huge fines and debarred from doing business with the government. The only way to avoid that problem is either stop doing business in NY state all together (which is what I chose to do), or bribe al the people that could possibly give you problems, including the mob (which I chose not to do, and paid for it in the end). We paid union wages and benefits, and paid the company's union dues, and paid all the employee's union dues, because the NY DOL said that doing so would make sure we were in compliance... WRONG. Cost me tens of thousands of dollars and a plea agreement to "no contest" to a misdemeanor for the company.

Absolute bull****.

The advertising that the state of New York is doing to recruit businesses to New York State should be used as the prime evidence in a class action fraud case against the state by all the businesses that fall prey to their deceptive advertising, the crazy lies that the state DOL will tell them, and then having to kowtow to the union bosses with thousands of dollars.

That's what the hell it has to do with the OP - at least in my case.

" Start up NY " isn't working either. I guess the Cats out of the bag ehen it comes to how NY treats Bussinesses

Ita no wonder New York is trying to win Bussinesses back

START-UP NY Grow Your Business
NY having a real tough time attracting and keeping bussinesses for some reason AND their losing New Yorkers too.

A Progressive activist AG isn't making that any easier on them
" Start up NY " isn't working either. I guess the Cats out of the bag ehen it comes to how NY treats Bussinesses

Are you suggesting that the state overlook cheating people out of wages so they can show how "pro business" they are?

What are the concequences?

Are you suggesting that the state overlook cheating people out of wages so they can show how "pro business" they are?

What are you suggesting they do?

What are the concequences?

A fine, of course. If a company violates the law, then it should be hit directly where it counts... In the pocketbook.

NY like IL and CA is one of the most corrupted states out there.
this lawsuit proves it.

if the franchise didn't pay people correctly that is fine the employee's are owed what they earned.
you can't go after the corporate company of a franchise owner as they have no connection between
the two of them and these liberal hats are continuing to try and break down the walls of franchise ownership.

domino's inc has nothing to do with this lawsuit and honestly the judge should dismiss the case against them.
the franchiser's on the other hand are responsible for making sure that their payroll meet state requirements.

this lawsuit proves it.

if the franchise didn't pay people correctly that is fine the employee's are owed what they earned.
you can't go after the corporate company of a franchise owner as they have no connection between
the two of them and these liberal hats are continuing to try and break down the walls of franchise ownership.

domino's inc has nothing to do with this lawsuit and honestly the judge should dismiss the case against them.
the franchiser's on the other hand are responsible for making sure that their payroll meet state requirements.
The franchiser is damaging and tarnishing the name and reputation of the company. I would wager that the corporate company has some code of standards and policy in place that must be met with this sort of thing.

this lawsuit proves it.

Shaking down private sector businesses and banks for contrived BS offenses has been part of the Progressive agenda for years. contrived BS offenses

I agree, but not because of wage theft. For their daily crime against humanity when they call that stuff they sell "pizza."

Shaking down private sector businesses and banks for contrived BS offenses has been part of the Progressive agenda for years. contrived BS offenses

they will have to prove it in court, but if a company is not paying wages for hours worked then yes that is a crime and it should be.
if you work you should be paid for it do you not agree? unless you are salary then there is just the expectation that you will
at times work more hours than needed or less hours than needed.

Not overlook cheating people out of wages?

Domino's inc will get their part thrown out. as they have nothing to do with it.
the franchisers on the other hand very much will be responsible for paying back wages.

that is how the suit should go.
that is if the judge decides to follow the law.

Back
Top Bottom