• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lawsuit Accuses Domino's Pizza of 'Rampant Wage Violations'

LC doesnt make pizza, they make flatbread with cheese and toppings on it. ;)

But then again, if you eat the edge part, its got a nice caramelized crunch where the cheese is a little burnt- so in that regards they still beat Dominos.

Pfft, they all say that. Heck, Papa John's have it as their main slogan. :2razz:
The sauce that they use taste exactly like that nasty **** in a can of Chef Boy ar-dee ravioli. Gross.

The sauce that they use taste exactly like that nasty **** in a can of Chef Boy ar-dee ravioli. Gross.

As I told you, you should only eat the caramelized edges, nothing else. ;)

XK6OU2j.jpg

From the OP article:

'"We've uncovered rampant wage violations at Domino's franchise stores, and intensive involvement by Domino's headquarters that caused many of these violations," Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Tuesday. "At some point, a company has to take responsibility for its actions and for its workers' well-being."'

NO it does not.

No where in the UN charter, the Bill of Rights or any free country's constitution that I am aware of does it state that a company is responsible for their worker's well being (outside of health and safety on the job).

Where this nonsensical idea that many people seem to have that a company is responsible for it's workers well being is completely beyond me because it is utter and complete nonsense.

The above line is just political gobbledegook that plays well in the 'sticks'. I doubt this Attorney General believes it much/any more then I do, in private.

And I am not talking about the pay allegations...no idea what they did nor do I much care. If it was illegal, I hope they are punished.

I swear, pizza snobs are worse than fast food snobs.

Until you've lived in a place where they make good pizza, you wouldn't understand.

The article in the OP has Dominos providing the payroll software that caused the trouble, and allegedly pushing it on their franchisees even after they knew it was causing problems. That seems like a clear link. Franchisees are typically compelled to purchase nearly every aspect of their business from the franchiser.

doesn't matter. it is the job of the franchisee to ensure that payroll is correct not domino's inc.
if there is an issue with the software then it is the job of corporate to correct it.

that doesn't mean that domino's inc is responsible for the pay.

The snobs are the ones who tell you that you should fold the pizza and eat it with your hands rather than use a fork and knife. **** that. If I want to use a spoon then that's what I'll do. However, when the ingredient are objectively old and tasteless, that's not a snob thing, that's just bad cooking.

Sorry, I lived in Italy for years, where fresh ingredients are the entire damn point of Mediterranean cuisine. Whatever Dominos is using, fresh ingredients isn't it.

Bull****. I've had European pizza, it's just an open faced meat pie, not even analogous to new world pizza. Fresh ingredients mean unprocessed, never frozen and, in the case of Dominos, fresh from local farms.

That reads like a parody. I hope you meant it as one.

That is where you and the other pizza snobs are wrong. I trained in preparation, making of dough, properly throwing and saucing, as well as ideal bake and finish times. The ONLY one of the major chains that does so.

Bull****. I've had European pizza, it's just an open faced meat pie, not even analogous to new world pizza. Fresh ingredients mean unprocessed, never frozen and, in the case of Dominos, fresh from local farms.

Europe has Pizza Hut chains too, likewise using crappy stale ingredients. It doesn't seem probable from your comments that you've had pizza at mom-and-pop restaurants in Mediterranean countries using actual fresh ingredients. If you ran several Dominos joints, then you bought a bull**** company line.

From the OP article:

'"We've uncovered rampant wage violations at Domino's franchise stores, and intensive involvement by Domino's headquarters that caused many of these violations," Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Tuesday. "At some point, a company has to take responsibility for its actions and for its workers' well-being."'

NO it does not.

No where in the UN charter, the Bill of Rights or any free country's constitution that I am aware of does it state that a company is responsible for their worker's well being (outside of health and safety on the job).

Where this nonsensical idea that many people seem to have that a company is responsible for it's workers well being is completely beyond me because it is utter and complete nonsense.

The above line is just political gobbledegook that plays well in the 'sticks'. I doubt this Attorney General believes it much/any more then I do, in private.

And I am not talking about the pay allegations...no idea what they did nor do I much care. If it was illegal, I hope they are punished.

It doesn't need to, the responsibility to pay workers is enshrined in Statutory law and administrative regulation, so this tirade is just libertarian gobbly-gook

Europe has pizza Dominos and Pizza Hut chains too, likewise using crappy stale ingredients. It doesn't seem probably from your comment that you've had pizza at mom-and-pop restaurants in mediterranean countries using actually fresh ingredients. If you ran several Dominos joints, then you bought a bull**** company line.

i think the difference is in preparation, not so much the ingredients. I can attest that my employer delivers fresh never frozen food products every day. I don't know if we have accounts with dominoes specifically, but our customers include some fairly large chains and all of our product is delivered fresh without ever being frozen.

That is where you and the other pizza snobs are wrong. I trained in preparation, making of dough, properly throwing and saucing, as well as ideal bake and finish times. The ONLY one of the major chains that does so.

So does papa johns..... who by the way, makes a better pizza.

Sure they could have legitimately fired him, but they stilled owed his wages.

And a wage thief usually turns a blind eye to all kinds of illegal stuff, so really that manager was smart not to press that issue, because if they fired him for cause about the dishwasher the lawyer he spoke with probably would've found tolerated safety violations out the wazzu

And if they found that manager tolerated illegal stuff but only fired the OP then he gets to win his retaliation case anyway.

He was probably trying to give the kid a break. He told him to wait, the kid didn't but instead took it upon himself to do a "repair". Some kinds of help are no help at all. So he docked the kid a couple hours wages.

Well, that blew up in his face and it became a labor issue. Instead of giving breaks in the future, now it'll be by the book and the kid loses his job every time.

So does papa johns..... who by the way, makes a better pizza.

I can make a better pizza in my sleep, even using pre-made doughs from Trader Joes (If you want to get good pre-made dough it's best to get it from a local, independent pizzeria who will often be happy to sell you the individual ingredients). The key is in how you prepare the sauce and in making sure to select really good whole milk mozzarella. I can't do that fancy dough spinning thing so my presentation may lack panache, but my pizzas taste ****ing awesome.

It doesn't need to, the responsibility to pay workers is enshrined in Statutory law and administrative regulation, so this tirade is just libertarian gobbly-gook

What are you blathering about?

I am not talking about paying employees what they are legally obligated to pay them...duh.

I am talking about the...oh forget it...you wouldn't understand (I assume).

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I remember once feeling as if I was not being compensates fairly for my contribution to my employer's bottom line. I decided to find another job.

What exactly is the right wage for someone who drives his car using his GPS to deliver pizza anyway?

This isn't about Domino's simply not paying their employees the "right wage." This is about Domino's breaking the law by undercalculating the agreed-upon wage.

If your boss tells you he's going to pay you, say, $50,000 a year and he only pays you $40,000 a year, that's against the law.

They should have fired you for cause when you "fixed" the dishwasher without asking and without being a certified dishwasher repair person. You may have violated their warranty/service contract and opened them up to action by the state for having an inadequately repaired dishwasher and using underage labor to do so. I know you thought it was a clever action at the time (apparently still do). But having a dishwasher take it on himself to be the repair person doesn't cut it in legitimate business places.

Actually, it wasn't like that at all, but it is pretty easy for you to throw assumptions that don't even exist into the mix. So let me explain this again to you............ Slowly this time. I was not fired for fixing the dishwasher. I was fired for taking a case to the Labor Relations Management Board, where I was forced to stay and not paid for the time I was forced to stay. I was not fired for fixing the dishwasher which, by the way, was out of warranty, and was very old. I was fired for filing the complaint. That is exactly what the manager told me I was fired for. The dishwasher itself had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Try to be honest the next time you respond to one of my posts, and with all due respect, stop making crap up.

It's just baffling. There are few places in the United States where there is a Dominos without a competing pizza place just across the street whose pizza tastes better than the cardboard it's served in. And yet, people are still eating at Dominos. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Because Domino's is cheap.

As far as national chain pizza goes, Domino's is the best of the big three (followed by The Pizza Hut Diarrhoea factory and Papa John's, in that order); however, that's a bit like saying chlamydia is the best of the sexually transmitted diseases.

He was probably trying to give the kid a break. He told him to wait, the kid didn't but instead took it upon himself to do a "repair". Some kinds of help are no help at all. So he docked the kid a couple hours wages.

Well, that blew up in his face and it became a labor issue. Instead of giving breaks in the future, now it'll be by the book and the kid loses his job every time.

No he wasn't, he was a straight up criminal. he had no right to dock wages, and the fact he didn't discipline him for the repair (btw we don't even know what "repair" means, it could easily have been something simple he was qualified to do) and then bragged that the repair saved him time and money while docking his wages tells it all. this guy tolerated illegal stuff all the time and treated his workers illegally. I hope he stopped being a criminal after getting plowed by the state, but he had ZERO RIGHT under ANY LAW in ANY STATE to dock wages for labor. period. the fact you are defending this CRIMINAL who committed a CRIME is despicable. you free market people are something else I swear.

Back
Top Bottom