• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lawmakers consider boosting funds to defend LGBT rights law

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina lawmakers took steps Thursday to set aside a half-million dollars for the legal defense of a law limiting protections for LGBT people as a judge sought to streamline a cluster of lawsuits it has inspired.

Republican lawmakers were mapping out the end of the session, including possible changes to the law known as House Bill 2, which has attracted high-profile critics including the NBA. The session could end this weekend.

And guess where the funds will be coming from? Disaster relief. How appropriate. LMAO.

Article is here.

If the gay activists would have just left things alone.

If the gay activists would have just left things alone.

I know! Can you believe the harm and suffering that was occurring that spurred HB2? All those cases of transgender men entering public bathrooms and brutally molesting and raping the patrons! It was terrible! Something had to be done to send a clear message to California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington State, the District of Columbia and the more than 200 cities and counties that explicitly prohibit gender identity discrimination in public accommodations because of all the rampant molestation and raping by the transgender men there! Truly the sponsors of HB2 and its supporters are heros for seeing this vital need and sparing no expense to defend it. Who needs disaster reliefs funds when as we speak a transgender person may be walking into a public restroom, without first going through the essential beaurocratic process of changing their sex on their birth certificate? How could we possibly be safe otherwise? Obviously, as they check birth certificates at the door of every public bathroom in North Carolina, except of course the ones of private businesses because they can allow transgender folks in North Carolina to use any bathroom they wish under HB2 because private businesses are just better at keeping people safe in bathrooms, they will screen out the nut jobs from the real transgenders. Truly this is a vital bill that does so much for the safety and welfare of North Carolina, and if only the gay activists could see how enforceable, fair, and practical it is, then they would not be claiming it is a bigoted piece of crap legislation which has no purpose but to use the state to denigrate transgender folk.

If a girl who identifies as a boy has to go to the potty really bad at a rest stop out on 95, and she/he walks in and all the doors to all the stalls are closed and locked, will she be able to use the urinal? Likewise, if a boy who identifies as a girl has to go to the potty really bad at a rest stop out on 95, and he/she walks in and all the doors to all the stalls are closed and locked, will he wee-wee on the floor or in the sink?

I'm so confused.

If a girl who identifies as a boy has to go to the potty really bad at a rest stop out on 95, and she/he walks in and all the doors to all the stalls are closed and locked, will she be able to use the urinal? Likewise, if a boy who identifies as a girl has to go to the potty really bad at a rest stop out on 95, and he/she walks in and all the doors to all the stalls are closed and locked, will he wee-wee on the floor or in the sink?

I'm so confused.

Um...how would the scenario be any different if they walked into any bathroom and all the facilities were occupied? I think you just further demonstrated how stupid this law is without intending to do so.

I'm so confused.

...so what you're telling me is that when you walk into a restroom and the facilities are full, you piss on the floor?

Why do you piss on the floor, Quazimodo?

I am at a loss for how you came to this conclusion.

I'm at a loss that you think requiring people to use the the designated bathroom, according to their gender is oppression.

...so what you're telling me is that when you walk into a restroom and the facilities are full, you piss on the floor?

Why do you piss on the floor, Quazimodo?

That would be because the hump on his back doesn't let him stand up straight to reach the urinal.

I'm at a loss that you think requiring people to use the the designated bathroom, according to their gender is oppression.

It was never about the bathroom they use, much like it was never about the drinking fountains.

And the drinking fountains were "about" Robert Byrd and the KKK.

It was never about the bathroom they use, much like it was never about the drinking fountains.

Of course its about the bathroom. None of this would have started if Charlotte hadn't passed a city ordinance making it legal for men to use the women's restroom and vice-versa. They should have just left it alone.

Of course its about the bathroom. None of this would have started if Charlotte hadn't passed a city ordinance making it legal for men to use the women's restroom and vice-versa. They should have just left it alone.

Really?

What disastrous outcome resulted from Charlotte's ordinance?

OK, let's say that gentler hearts could prevail. What if accommodations in the form of Transgender Specific public restrooms were made available? In the early days of the Americans With Disabilities Act, there were complaints about ramps and larger stalls and separate bathrooms for families but we managed to make that work. Would anybody agree to Transgender Bathrooms?

Last edited:
Really?

The laws you all have been bitching about for months. That's what.

OK, let's say that gentler hearts could prevail. What if accommodations in the form of Transgender Specific public restrooms were made available? In the early days of the Americans With Disabilities Act, the were complaints about ramps and larger stalls and separate bathrooms for families but we managed to make that work. Would anybody agree to Transgender Bathrooms?

I'm all for it. The gay activists can raise the money to have the facilities installed.

Property owners shouldn't have to pay for it and had payers sure as hell shouldn't have to pay for it.

I'm all for it. The gay activists can raise the money to have the facilities installed.

Property owners shouldn't have to pay for it and had payers sure as hell shouldn't have to pay for it.

Greetings, apdst. :2wave:

I don't understand your post - did you mean "tax payers" shouldn't have to pay for it? If so, I whole-heartedly agree with you! :thumbs:

Really?

None..... Wait, there WAS. People got to decide the future of their city. But the same people who claim to abhor big government are totally in favor of it when it suits their own ends. The ordinance was a disastrous outcome for them, and by golly, they had to get a bigger government to put an end to it.

The laws you all have been bitching about for months. That's what.

Ahh, so it's the fault of people passing laws to protect transgender citizens that laws were passed to harass transgender citizens. Got it.

OK, let's say that gentler hearts could prevail. What if accommodations in the form of Transgender Specific public restrooms were made available? In the early days of the Americans With Disabilities Act, there were complaints about ramps and larger stalls and separate bathrooms for families but we managed to make that work. Would anybody agree to Transgender Bathrooms?

businesses that would have to fork out the billions of dollars to retrofit.
not to mention the places where that can't be done.

I'm so confused.

if that is the most pressing concern in your life you really aren't living in the real world

None..... Wait, there WAS. People got to decide the future of their city. But the same people who claim to abhor big government are totally in favor of it when it suits their own ends. The ordinance was a disastrous outcome for them, and by golly, they had to get a bigger government to put an end to it.

other places are having major issues.
Man who choked girl in women's restroom stokes alarm over transgender access - Washington Times

Woman Removed Man From Bathroom, Arrested | The Daily Caller
wow people being arrested for it.

nope it isn't causing an issue at all.

Man in women's locker room cites gender rule | KING5.com
still no issues

Bathroom access for transgender teen divides town - CNN.com
nope no issues at all.

5 Times ?Transgender? Men Abused Women And Children In Bathrooms | Daily Wire

absolutely no issues just move along.

Back
Top Bottom