• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Law & Order President

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump may have one big issue that helps him with undecided voters, representing and supporting law and order during these riots. Average voters are getting scared of the civil unrest that's leading to violence, death, burning, looting, and police defunding. It looks like pure anarchy and mayhem in the streets, and if it threatens the suburbs, then all hell will break loose.

The Dems and Biden seemed to support the BLM protests that have lead to these events. They need to denounce the violence and trashing of businesses more or face a backlash in the elections.

Conway echoes 'law and order' amid Kenosha unrest

Top White House aide Kellyanne Conway echoed President Donald Trump's "law and order" stance on the unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin following a police shooting that left a Black man seriously injured.

Trump may have one big issue that helps him with undecided voters, representing and supporting law and order during these riots. Average voters are getting scared of the civil unrest that's leading to violence, death, burning, looting, and police defunding. It looks like pure anarchy and mayhem in the streets, and if it threatens the suburbs, then all hell will break loose.

The Dems and Biden seemed to support the BLM protests that have lead to these events. They need to denounce the violence and trashing of businesses more or face a backlash in the elections.

Ya, all we need is to pour a lot of money on these people, look what they did with their covid checks.

"Law and order" people don't break the law or think they are above it.

Both parties are always claiming that the opposition president is breaking the law. It's lost its teeth.

Ya, all we need is to pour a lot of money on these people, look what they did with their covid checks.

What did they do with their covid checks, pay bills?

Both parties are always claiming that the opposition president is breaking the law. It's lost its teeth.

True but if you're trying to actively get votes by being a "law and order" type of person why openly break laws?

True but if you're trying to actively get votes by being a "law and order" type of person why openly break laws?

That sentiment won't convince voters, especially since even an impeachment didn't take. It appears like excessive persecution without the evidence to sway the fence post sitters. Most politicians are very good a being duplicitous.

The unrest has been occurring on President Trump's watch for three months. Why should anyone believe he will find a way to end it if he is reelected?

The typical argument I see to what I just said is, "But the Mayors and Governors will not allow him to help." Again, how is that going to change if he is reelected?

I also have not really seen President Trump offer to help anyone. I have seen him berate Mayors and Governors and then say he will fix the issues they have failed to fix. That is nothing but grandstanding and causes more division. If he really wanted to help, he would extend a hand to local officials and offer to work with them and not against them. Until that happens, Biden looks like a much better choice to find a solution to rioting and social injustice.

Because Trump® is the law, and the Orangey™ glow of the truth and the light....

And he will announce your name and patritiosm on TV for a small 5 figure campaign donation funneled though a PAC! (Inceidentally if you came to your senses that is....)

What universe did YOU come from? I suggest you go back there if you so clearly and obviously HATE white people, country music, 4th of July, apple pie, and GAWD bless 'murica so rabidly with talk like that...!

Look a dirty democRat squirrel trying to steal votes![/Trumpanzee Mode]

:cool:

The unrest has been occurring on President Trump's watch for three months. Why should anyone believe he will find a way to end it if he is reelected?

The typical argument I see to what I just said is, "But the Mayors and Governors will not allow him to help." Again, how is that going to change if he is reelected?

I also have not really seen President Trump offer to help anyone. I have seen him berate Mayors and Governors and then say he will fix the issues they have failed to fix. That is nothing but grandstanding and causes more division. If he really wanted to help, he would extend a hand to local officials and offer to work with them and not against them. Until that happens, Biden looks like a much better choice to find a solution to rioting and social injustice.

I didn't say Trump doesn't talk a lot of crappola. But he would send guardsmen to restore civil order if the Mayors and Governors get desperate enough. It will take national public sentiment and damning media coverage to sway hearts and minds to pressure local gov to react. If these protests/riots keep spreading, the general population will start to demand action to quell it.

What did they do with their covid checks, pay bills?

I'm just toting the Conservative line to see if you can find any holes in it.

Biden's not going to de-fund the police, they're only threatening to so the liberal fruitcakes got to try out their ideas in the public mind.

That's naughty. :naughty

What black man said that when a white man asked him, "What's a black man's going to do with that much money?"

I'm just toting the Conservative line to see if you can find any holes in it.

Biden's not going to de-fund the police, they're only threatening to so the liberal fruitcakes got to try out their ideas in the public mind.

On this issue, I have to side with the GOP except for armed nationalists and militias becoming involved.

I agree that Biden probably won't back some of the more hair-brain ideas of the left.

Don Lemon, aka the dumbest person on television, said that rioters should stop because its "showing up in the polls". Despite the obvious lack of self awareness in a statement like that he is correct that liberals are losing ground on the riots. Destruction of property, assault etc coupled with the hypocrisy of looking down their noses at any conservative gathering is a deal breaker for normal people. The media is their best friend and worst enemy.

Trump ran on law and order in 2016. He fans the flames of division, and his solution is to send in Federal agents and the national guard. He is also deeply corrupted. I don’t Biden and Harris support rioting and fires, but I also think they willing to try to calm the nation during a crisis. Trump causes division. Even during the pandemic, he was whipping up his base to hold arm protests and storm the MI capital building.

I believe people are protesting and rioting because the government is not functioning, not solving problems, and not listening. I also believe Mitch McConnell holds the most responsibility for Congress’ dysfunction and inability to work for the common good.

We are going to have civil unrest until the government can work to solve our problems. Our government is corrupted and overly plutocratic. Trump isn’t changing those facts. Trump is a corrupt demagogue with populist rhetoric, but he is a fake populist.

On this issue, I have to side with the GOP except for armed nationalists and militias becoming involved.

I agree that Biden probably won't back some of the more hair-brain ideas of the left.

Well, I'd be certain that neither Party is the best choice for all issues.

Really it looks to me like at the first Tribulation (2020-2026), at which only the first Seal is prominent, America proved not able to avoid an Authoritarian set and went into a great depression and worse for a long time to keep her off the Moon and to keep people down in general.

"law and order people" are of all political leans.
As far as the Democrats they have stated they do not support the riots and destroying of property.
The Republicans have stated they do not support the riots and destroying of property.

See there is common ground.

Trump ran on law and order in 2016. He fans the flames of division, and his solution is to send in Federal agents and the national guard. He is also deeply corrupted. I don’t Biden and Harris support rioting and fires, but I also think they willing to try to calm the nation during a crisis. Trump causes division. Even during the pandemic, he was whipping up his base to hold arm protests and storm the MI capital building.

I believe people are protesting and rioting because the government is not functioning, not solving problems, and not listening. I also believe Mitch McConnell holds the most responsibility for Congress’ dysfunction and inability to work for the common good.

We are going to have civil unrest until the government can work to solve our problems. Our government is corrupted and overly plutocratic. Trump isn’t changing those facts. Trump is a corrupt demagogue with populist rhetoric, but he is a fake populist.

Good counter-argument, I can't find fault with it. Except that blaming Trump too much for all the country's current ills is political overreach. My single biggest problem with him is that he supports plutocracy with most of his policies.

I personally don't believe there are that many undecided voters. Sure, maybe in years past but the candidates today are virtually polar opposites on all the major issues.

I personally don't believe there are that many undecided voters. Sure, maybe in years past but the candidates today are virtually polar opposites on all the major issues.

It's the swing voter that decides the election.

All the spin is geared toward the mind of the swing voter, what is the overall theme of the election?

Well, I'd be certain that neither Party is the best choice for all issues.

Really it looks to me like at the first Tribulation (2020-2026), at which only the first Seal is prominent, America proved not able to avoid an Authoritarian set and went into a great depression and worse for a long time to keep her off the Moon and to keep people down in general.

I think too much emotional investment in deciding issues leads to irrational decision making. People either love or hate Trump and the opposing party, which blinds them to objective thinking on the subjects.

I didn't say Trump doesn't talk a lot of crappola. But he would send guardsmen to restore civil order if the Mayors and Governors get desperate enough. It will take national public sentiment and damning media coverage to sway hearts and minds to pressure local gov to react. If these protests/riots keep spreading, the general population will start to demand action to quell it.

But the odd fact is is that most people in the cities are not voting for the GOP. Trump paints our cities as war zones in order to attack the entire Democratic Party and promote fear. We do have more violence than we should in my city. We have also instances of unarmed black men being shot by cops. Our local BLMs chapter gets along and prefers our state police to our city.

Despite these facts, despite we are living in the city, we aren’t voting for the GOP. Rural voters look at the cities, watch the rhetoric on Fox and from Trump, and vote Trump because they are so scared of BLM. They think BLM are communists.

The issue is BLM like the players in the NBA, are not going to quit until something changes.

I think the GOP should listen to them and try to find a solution instead of fearmongering and dividing the country.

It comes down to urban and multi racial city dwellers being pitted against rural white voters who are scared. It doesn’t have to be that way. We all deserve better than this BS narrative about America, about racial justice movements, and unneeded prejudices against each other.

Yeah, there's a big doubt about whether a silent majority even exists today. I guess we'll find out come Nov 3rd, and besides, the popular vote doesn't really decide the election.

Back
Top Bottom