• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Law Firm and Judge bringing Trump U case both tied to La Raza...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
NEW YORK – The federal judge presiding over the Trump University class action lawsuit is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, a group that while not a branch of the National Council of La Raza, has ties to the controversial organization, which translates literally “The Race.”

Judge, law firm bringing Trump U case both tied to La Raza

FLASHBACK: Sotomayor said ethnicity 'will make difference in our judging'...

In 2001, Sonia Sotomayor, an appeals court judge, gave a speech declaring that the ethnicity and sex of a judge “may and will make a difference in our judging.”

In her speech, Judge Sotomayor questioned the famous notion — often invoked by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her retired Supreme Court colleague, Sandra Day O’Connor — that a wise old man and a wise old woman would reach the same conclusion when deciding cases.

“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,” said Judge Sotomayor, who is now considered to be near the top of President Obama’s list of potential Supreme Court nominees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/us/15judge.html?_r=0

Extreme Racist Bias .....Defined!

So the judge should recuse himself from this case because of his racist ties to an exclusive group! La Raza in San Diego, is a Latino Attorney Group.....ONLY!

Whites and Blacks and Asian, are barred from admittance. That in itself, is racist. And Trump wanting to build a wall goes against their racist ideology. **** Em.

Any ruling from this guy.....will be a racist one!

That's what Trump should have said!

Wait!!...........................he did say that, but failed to tie in the voluntary affiliation to this racist group..........by the judge.

Last edited:

In 2001, Sonia Sotomayor, an appeals court judge, gave a speech declaring that the ethnicity and sex of a judge “may and will make a difference in our judging.”

In her speech, Judge Sotomayor questioned the famous notion — often invoked by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her retired Supreme Court colleague, Sandra Day O’Connor — that a wise old man and a wise old woman would reach the same conclusion when deciding cases.

“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,” said Judge Sotomayor, who is now considered to be near the top of President Obama’s list of potential Supreme Court nominees.

So you are saying that both Trump and Sotomayor represent racial bias in our system that we should reject out of hand as fundamentally Anti-American and opposed to the Rule of Law?

I concur. Trump and Sotomayor do share this bigoted worldview, and neither should be allowed to exercise power.

So the judge should recuse himself from this case because of his racist ties to an exclusive group! La Raza in San Diego, is a Latino Attorney Group.....ONLY!

Whites and Blacks and Asian, are barred from admittance. That in itself, is racist. And Trump wanting to build a wall goes against their racist ideology. **** Em.

:lol: You have no idea what you are talking about, but are desperately reaching to defend the indefensible :)

How many threads are we going to have on this one issue?

People with non-Latino descent can join and work for La Raza.. Stop making **** up to justify your precious Trump.

Wait!!...........................he did say that, but failed to tie in the voluntary affiliation to this racist group..........by the judge.

There's a lot of supposition going on here.

So you are saying that both Trump and Sotomayor represent racial bias in our system that we should reject out of hand as fundamentally Anti-American and opposed to the Rule of Law?

I concur. Trump and Sotomayor do share this bigoted worldview, and neither should be allowed to exercise power.

Nope, I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is that Blacks and Latinos are, in today's climate, more racist than Whites ....by far.

:lol: You have no idea what you are talking about, but are desperately reaching to defend the indefensible :)

I fully disagree.

As many as it takes to expose the racism by minorities.

People with non-Latino descent can join and work for La Raza.. Stop making **** up to justify your precious Trump.

I'm not making **** up.....this group of attorneys in SD, are tied in but separate.

To wit: "a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, a group that while not a branch of the National Council of La Raza, has ties to the controversial organization, which translates literally “The Race.”

There's a lot of supposition going on here.

Ya, based on what I've witnessed over a lifetime. I've made a logical conclusion, that you disagree with.

It doesn't take rocket science to garner the obvious, my dear!

Last edited:
I'm not making **** up.....this group of attorneys in SD, are tied in but separate.

To wit: "a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, a group that while not a branch of the National Council of La Raza, has ties to the controversial organization, which translates literally “The Race.”
Read more at Judge, law firm bringing Trump U case both tied to La Raza

Please point to where you are getting this information that Non-Latino individuals cant be members? Because on their website under "membership" no where does it state only latino members can join and they even have a stock picture of diverse individuals under "membership".
Membership | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association
And their parent organization La Raza lawyers also does not state only Latino members can join.
MEMBERSHIP FORM

So tell me MickeyW, if you're not making **** up then where oh where are you getting this information?

Please point to where you are getting this information that Non-Latino individuals cant be members? Because on their website under "membership" no where does it state only latino members can join and they even have a stock picture of diverse individuals under "membership".
Membership | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association
And their parent organization La Raza lawyers also does not state only Latino members can join.
MEMBERSHIP FORM

So tell me MickeyW, if you're not making **** up then where oh where are you getting this information?

Right in front of your eyes.....

Membership

com-mu-ni-ty noun, often attributive

Definition of COMMUNITY:

a unified body of individuals, as:

1. the people with common interest living in a particular area

2. an interacting population of various kinds of individuals

3. a group of people with common characteristics or interest living together within a larger society

4. a group linked by a common policy

5. a body of persons having a common history or common social, economic and political interests

6. a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society.

-Merriam Webster dictionary

San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association
SDLRLA offers you a community of San Diego Latino attorneys and business professionals and forms connections with those who support the Latino community and its interests. Through our unity, there is strength.

That diverse community that they claim to represent is a stock photo of people, it IS NOT their attorney base!

I doubt very seriously that they would accept a White, Protestant, Mormon, Jewish, or even Catholic lawyer, no matter how much those people would offer to join.

They are there for the Latino community and predominantly the Latino community!

A person like that, ruling on Trump's case, has bias...extreme bias.

Last edited:

Membership

Definition of COMMUNITY:

3. a group of people with common characteristics or interest living together within a larger society

5. a body of persons having a common history or common social, economic and political interests

6. a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society.

SDLRLA offers you a community of San Diego Latino attorneys and business professionals and forms connections with those who support the Latino community and its interests. Through our unity, there is strength.

That diverse community that they claim to represent is a stock photo of people, it IS NOT their attorney base!

I doubt very seriously that they would hire a White, Protestant, Mormon, Jewish, or even Catholic lawyer.

You can be white and support the Latino community. You can be black and support the Latino community. You can be asian and support the latino community. You can be a slav and support the latino community. You can be native american and support the latino community. Can you not?

NEW YORK – The federal judge presiding over the Trump University class action lawsuit is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, a group that while not a branch of the National Council of La Raza, has ties to the controversial organization, which translates literally “The Race.”

First, please warn when linking to WND. Some of us prefer not to give page views to conspiracy theory sites.

Second, the "ties" with NCLR is a link on a webpage.

Neither Trump nor those bringing suit are Hispanic, so even if you where right(and, well, you aren't), the bias would not matter. To put it another way, I am biased against kidney beans(it is true, they are evil and make me vomit). This does not affect my choice between beef and pork.

Leaving aside the fact mentioned above that the plaintiff and defendant in the case are not Hispanic(making your claim moot), based on your criteria, almost every lawyer is racist, as almost all of them belong to exclusionary attorney groups.

Membership

Definition of COMMUNITY:

I doubt very seriously that they would accept a White, Protestant, Mormon, Jewish, or even Catholic lawyer, no matter how much those people would offer to join.

A person like that, ruling on Trump's case, has bias...extreme bias.

Nowhere in that does it say Latino only. So let's look at their actual rules, maybe that will tell us: SDLRLA Bylaws | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association

Section 4. Membership and Dues.

Section 4.1 Membership Classifications. The Corporation shall consist of the following classes of members:

(a) Attorney Members. All attorneys in good standing under the State Bar of any state in the United States or the District of Columbia are eligible for regular membership in the Corporation. Attorney members shall have all rights and privileges of regular membership in the Corporation.

(b) Judicial Members. All judicial officers in good standing of any local, state or federal tribunal are eligible for judicial membership in the Corporation. Judicial members shall not serve as a director or officer of the Corporation. Except as provided herein, judicial members shall have all the rights and privileges of regular membership in the Corporation.

(c) Law Student Members. All students actively enrolled in any organized law school in any state in the United States are eligible for law student membership in the Corporation. Law student members shall not have any voting rights, nor shall they serve as a director or officer of the Corporation. Except as provided herein, law student members shall have all other rights and privileges of regular membership in the Corporation.

Oops, major fail on your part.

Nope, I'm not saying that at all.

:lol: that is exactly what you said. You attempted to defend Trump's bigotry by pointing to Sotomayor's. Neither should be allowed or accepted, as both are fundamentally anti-American. :)

What I am saying is that Blacks and Latinos are, in today's climate, more racist than Whites ....by far.

Meh, it depends on where you are and what you are talking about. Overtly, I could see that. But actually? Everyone is racist. See how you score.

I fully disagree.

:) It doesn't matter if you do or not - you are free to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Virtually every lawyer and judge in America is a member of one such association or another, and the association that you are desperately attempting to pivot to in order to get away from Trump's argument that Mexican Heritage Is Disqualifying is benign. :)

Nowhere in that does it say Latino only. So let's look at their actual rules, maybe that will tell us: SDLRLA Bylaws | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association

Section 4. Membership and Dues.

Section 4.1 Membership Classifications. The Corporation shall consist of the following classes of members:

(a) Attorney Members. All attorneys in good standing under the State Bar of any state in the United States or the District of Columbia are eligible for regular membership in the Corporation. Attorney members shall have all rights and privileges of regular membership in the Corporation.

(b) Judicial Members. All judicial officers in good standing of any local, state or federal tribunal are eligible for judicial membership in the Corporation. Judicial members shall not serve as a director or officer of the Corporation. Except as provided herein, judicial members shall have all the rights and privileges of regular membership in the Corporation.

(c) Law Student Members. All students actively enrolled in any organized law school in any state in the United States are eligible for law student membership in the Corporation. Law student members shall not have any voting rights, nor shall they serve as a director or officer of the Corporation. Except as provided herein, law student members shall have all other rights and privileges of regular membership in the Corporation.​

Oops, major fail on your part.

:2rofll::2rofll::2rofll:

How many times is Trump going to double down on a clearly indefensible position?

Holy **** MickeyW. You are just getting reamed here.

Please don't continue, it's getting painful to watch.

I think Sotomayor was talking about having diversity on the courts and not about judging a particular case.

How many times is Trump going to double down on a clearly indefensible position?

At least twice, in any case.

He's already stated that women and Muslim judges couldn't be impartial in his cases.

Until he pops a blood vessel.

Has anyone questioned his health...because his face looks flushed all the time...which suggests he might have a heart condition.

Back
Top Bottom