• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Law Enforcement

bricklayer

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've only ever gotten to know a few cops well. I have never met a cop who was attracted to law enforcement because of their love for the law. To a man, every cop I know was attracted to law enforcement because of their love for the force. They simply cannot feel fulfilled, as individuals, unless they're telling other people what to do.

My experiences with cops may be as unfortunate as they are consistent, but there are quite a few other people who are now expressing the same set of experiences.

I've only ever gotten to know a few cops well. I have never met a cop who was attracted to law enforcement because of their love for the law. To a man, every cop I know was attracted to law enforcement because of their love for the force. They simply cannot feel fulfilled, as individuals, unless they're telling other people what to do.

My experiences with cops may be as unfortunate as they are consistent, but there are quite a few other people who are now expressing the same set of experiences.

A long time ago I had a job where I had to deal with cops on a regular basis. They were all miserable authoritarian assholes, no matter how much deference I showed them.

Perhaps I was just unlucky and my sample size is way to small, but by own opinion is that different kinds of jobs attract different kinds of people, and being a cop attracts the kind of people I don't want anything to do with.

It has become clear to me over the past few years that if you do not do exactly as the police tell you, they get to kill you. These are the (real) rules. And if you happen to be a POC, they get to kill you anyway.

And the right cheers it on.

Many criminals hate police and would like for police, courts and prisons to be eliminated.

In terms of the issue of police the decision is easy enough.

If you want your police department eliminated and replaced with vigilantes, vote Democrat.

If you want to keep your police department, vote Republican.

Adrenaline Junkies

Fast car, a badge (authority) and a gun (power)

A dangerous combination.

Police Unions have become inordinately powerful to the point where there is in some cases virtually no decision a community can make about its policing that the Union can't flip on its ear.

If you want to know the truth of if it:
a) the whole "defund the police" thing has been completely poisoned by bad language skills. Their actual cause was to "repurpose the police" Language skills have gone to crap in this country
b) there is an actual "dissolve the police" movement. It has mainly been driven by the inability for communities to deal with the Police Union and thus suffer complete loss of control of their ability to decide how the Police Department should function in their community. The only recourse left has been to dissolve their existing Police Dept and start over from scratch which has been happening in some cases

It has become clear to me over the past few years that if you do not do exactly as the police tell you, they get to kill you. These are the (real) rules. And if you happen to be a POC, they get to kill you anyway.

And the right cheers it on.

It may be a worse problem for minorities, but this is a poor people problem, not just a race problem. The cops serve the upper middle class and above, they tolerate everyone else, as long as they obey....

Through my work and life experience I have met a few LEO's as you describe. They were the few. The majority of LEO's that I have known and worked with got into that line of work because they wanted to help people.

There was a time in which people had more respect for LEO's and each other than they do today. Part of the problem are people who grew up with the "not my fault" and "you owe me" attitude. Part of the problem is the social media and instant posting that goes on. Those clips only tell part of the story.

Law Enforcement Officers need to refrain in using deadly force. They are human and want to be able to go home after the shift. When a perceived threat is noticed some are quick to shoot.

People having an encounter with the police need to refrain from doing something that is perceived as a threat.
If the person is innocent things most likely will work out for them.

Bottom line we need to get back to respecting each other more.

Nobody cheers on people getting killed ,unless they are truly deserving of it, Stop lying

Can you name a single POC who was killed by the police that did not deserve it? Go ahead name one. I dare you.

Yes, police work attracts some people with sadistic tendencies. That is understandable.

Yes, police work attracts some people who cannot find any other job.

Yes, the police meet the most defiant and violent people you can ever imagine (think of that young gentleman in Ferguson who -- his supporters say -- would have gone on to a brilliant college career. Yeah, right!).

Yes, no one in his right mind would want to be a cop -- especially in today's America.

The cops are a necessary evil, for there are so many really, really, really bad individuals in this country (just look at Wisconsin and Portland ).

So we need them.

Last edited:
Can you name a single POC who was killed by the police that did not deserve it? Go ahead name one. I dare you.

That gets determined in a court of law.

Not by the lw press ,who almost always distorts the facts.

But I see you haven't retracted your moronic lie about killings being cheered on".

If you show 100% deference and you're white, no problem. Especially if you show 100% deference, white, and have no record. One time I talked back, which in the normal course of life absolutely nobody here would consider "talking back."

I parked my car at the airport in loading/unloading zone of the concourse to wait for my wife, who was going to be arriving in under a minute. A cop pulled up beside me.

"Move your car."

"My wife is going to be ju-"

"MOVE YOUR CAR NOW!!"

No, obviously that's not a story about getting my head cracked in or having my civil rights violated, and that's not the point. The point is I am the very picture of a guy who does not elevate a police officer's blood pressure just by looking at me. I dress cleanly. I'm white. I drive a newish car. I don't have a record. So what I imagine is that if that's how these cops talked to me and I'm not a problem, how do they act toward civilians they're primed to automatically think of as a problem?

As hundreds of videos of cops assaulting nonviolent protesters revealed to us, the answer is "badly."

What's super alarming, though, is how racial they are. From what we saw about how they respond to white people with guns, to flashing them OK signs, to how they talked about the 17 year kid as if he was some kind of vigilante hero and the protesters were animals, it's clear there's a giant problem among the police. Frankly, I think they all need to be fired and we need to start from scratch. It's not just "a few bad apples."

If y Frankly, I think they all need to be fired and we need to start from scratch. It's not just "a few bad apples."

Right -all of them. And they should all l be replaced with PHd in gender and racial equality.
#DOPE

That gets determined in a court of law.

Not by the lw press ,who almost always distorts the facts.

But I see you haven't retracted your moronic lie about killings being cheered on".

See? You cannot name a single POC who was not deserving of death at the hands of cops. You cheer them on every time.

See what?

Tell me who who you think wasn't-then I can respond .

You can't do it. You proved my point. You can't think of a single POC who died at the hands of the police that didn't deserve it. That's because you think they ALWAYS deserve it.

You can't do it. You proved my point. You can't think of a single POC who died at the hands of the police that didn't deserve it. That's because you think they ALWAYS deserve it.

Why do you need a prompt? They are in the news on almost a daily basis. Name one POC you think didn't deserve to die at the hands of the police. You can't do it because you believe they all deserve to die.

Why do you need a prompt? They are in the news on almost a daily basis. Name one POC you think didn't deserve to die at the hands of the police. You can't do it because you believe they all deserve to die.

You get the kind of police you put up with.

Police Unions have become inordinately powerful to the point where there is in some cases virtually no decision a community can make about its policing that the Union can't flip on its ear.

If you want to know the truth of if it:
a) the whole "defund the police" thing has been completely poisoned by bad language skills. Their actual cause was to "repurpose the police" Language skills have gone to crap in this country
b) there is an actual "dissolve the police" movement. It has mainly been driven by the inability for communities to deal with the Police Union and thus suffer complete loss of control of their ability to decide how the Police Department should function in their community. The only recourse left has been to dissolve their existing Police Dept and start over from scratch which has been happening in some cases

But but but the left love unions.

Back
Top Bottom