• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Law Are For the Little People

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
LawforLittlePeople.JPG

“Look, here are Comey’s remarks. The material needed to attack Hillary Clinton is all there. A prosecution would be very controversial AND it would cause many people to step back and allow it to take its course — with due process and the presumption of innocence. That route is closed off, but you have the evidence in front of you and can clearly see what she did.”

Althouse: I know you've had a rough day.

And in what is probably a common reaction:

"I am REALLLLY close to casting an [F*** You] vote for Trump. That's how bad things are." - Tweet by @neontaster

The Day the Rule of Law Died

And so once again the leading crime family in America skates, thumbing its nose at the rule of law as an earnest but politically clueless FBI director stands before the nation to repeat the well-worn Clinton mantra of "insufficient evidence," and to attribute to Hillary another shopworn cliche that the Clintons habitually use in their defense: sloppiness.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/07/05/the-day-the-rule-of-law-died/

There will come a day when Democrats will wish that they had not destroyed the rule of law in this country. But it will be too late to save them.

Sitting here listening to MSNBC. They are even perplexed.

It's true.

However the rule of law in this country died many years before this fiasco with Clinton.

Nixon was pardoned by Ford, Bush admitted violating FISA, and Barack refused to even investigate Bush's crimes, much less prosecute them.

View attachment 67203789

“Look, here are Comey’s remarks. The material needed to attack Hillary Clinton is all there. A prosecution would be very controversial AND it would cause many people to step back and allow it to take its course — with due process and the presumption of innocence. That route is closed off, but you have the evidence in front of you and can clearly see what she did.”

"I am REALLLLY close to casting an [F*** You] vote for Trump. That's how bad things are." - Tweet by @neontaster

There will come a day when Democrats will wish that they had not destroyed the rule of law in this country. But it will be too late to save them.

I have to admit I'm bewildered. Maybe one has to be an attorney to understand the director's reasoning. Especially the part about intent. I always thought "ignorance of the law is no excuse." My cynical self says that's right...unless you're a high-enough ranking politician.

IMO, the reason so many of us are angry is because of the blatant disregard shown by HC. She certainly knew what she was doing was wrong. Sshe basically said, "It's more convenient for me. Screw you and your regulations."

On the other hand, IS it a law that one cant use their own servers? After having THIS ah-ha moment, I wonder what law HC broke by using her own servers.

Anyone know?

I have to admit I'm bewildered. Maybe one has to be an attorney to understand the director's reasoning. Especially the part about intent. I always thought "ignorance of the law is no excuse." My cynical self says that's right...unless you're a high-enough ranking politician.

IMO, the reason so many of us are angry is because of the blatant disregard shown by HC. She certainly knew what she was doing was wrong. Sshe basically said, "It's more convenient for me. Screw you and your regulations."

On the other hand, IS it a law that one cant use their own servers? After having THIS ah-ha moment, I wonder what law HC broke by using her own servers.

Anyone know?

Only cynical bastards like myself are not bewildered. God bless your innocence.

I agree with those who say that this email fiasco is small fry compared to what a proper examination of the Clinton Foundation would show.

Anyone know?

I wonder how many donations she got from sharing emails on her private server?

It's true.

However the rule of law in this country died many years before this fiasco with Clinton.

Nixon was pardoned by Ford, Bush admitted violating FISA, and Barack refused to even investigate Bush's crimes, much less prosecute them.

Excusing accountability is never right no matter who is guilty. The system has been broken since Lincoln, or even before.

“Look, here are Comey’s remarks...

"I am REALLLLY close to casting an [F*** You] vote for Trump..."

ROTFLMAO. Yep. A vote for DJT from me is definitely gonna happen, and I encourage every red blooded American to do the same. Hell, I’m even going to encourage the RATs (Repubs. Against Trump) to do the same. After all a vote for anyone else is a vote for The Queen of Corruption, aka Crooked Hillary.

Sitting here listening to MSNBC. They are even perplexed.

Dang, that’s not hard. lol

It's true.

And this is why I have been saying for a long time. The American gov’t is a big flippin joke and ALL of them politicians need to be voted out and prosecuted to the fullest.

I have to admit I'm bewildered.

I’m not surprised. I was going to be surprised if Crooked Hillary did get prosecuted. But all of this is living proof that our gov’t is corrupt to its core. So much so it makes any Latin American Banana Republic look good by comparison.

Only cynical bastards like myself are not bewildered.

Amen Bro!!!

I wonder how many donations she got from sharing emails on her private server?

LMAO, My thought exactly. We will never know how much the Clinton Crime Family sold America for. And watch the far kook left still vote for her. LOL

I can't get worked up about it. It showed incompetence on her part and possibly a blatant attempt to get around the system but after living through the George W. Bush administration, this is well within tolerable limits. If anything it should make people appreciate Obama more. And if anyone thinks Trump will be better, they are deluding themselves.

I can't get worked up about it. It showed incompetence on her part and possibly a blatant attempt to get around the system but after living through the George W. Bush administration, this is well within tolerable limits. If anything it should make people appreciate Obama more. And if anyone thinks Trump will be better, they are deluding themselves.

It wasn't incompetence, it was willful and I have no doubt she sold secrets for donations.

It wasn't incompetence, it was willful and I have no doubt she sold secrets for donations.

Hahahahah the **** these people will just make up.

I don't know about that. I've got no idea what she might've done, but it probably wasn't good.

View attachment 67203789

Did you really think the Obama administration would let Hillary flame out? When she's leading the polls? Had another, more viable GOP Candidate risen, and she was losing, this would not be happening.

You mean laws are just for midgets?

It's true.

Pardon is well within the power of the Presidency, FISA has never had any real jurisdiction over the Executive Branch, and two separate bipartisan commissions examined the decision to go into Iraq and found no wrongdoing. I think what we have with Hillary is something quite different: the FBI describes and acknowledges actionable wrongdoing and advises no prosecution. You know as well as I that the fix was in.

Pardon is well within the power of the Presidency, FISA has never had any real jurisdiction over the Executive Branch, and two separate bipartisan commissions examined the decision to go into Iraq and found no wrongdoing. I think what we have with Hillary is something quite different: the FBI describes and acknowledges actionable wrongdoing and advises no prosecution. You know as well as I that the fix was in.

This should be a wake up call for those that still do not believe there is a corrupt establishment. I see more people gravitating to Trump over this.

Unless someone can prove that the DOJ was lying when it said that there is no precedent for a federal prosecution on these facts, people need to stop squeal-whine-crying about this.

But if it works as a verbal binky, consider this: congressional Republicans are demanding an investigation of the investigation.

Their witch-hunt failed, so now they're going to try to go after everybody who didn't indict a political enemy at their demand. The United States of Soviet...err...America?

Unless someone can prove that the DOJ was lying when it said that there is no precedent for a federal prosecution on these facts, people need to stop squeal-whine-crying about this.

But if it works as a verbal binky, consider this: congressional Republicans are demanding an investigation of the investigation.

Their witch-hunt failed, so now they're going to try to go after everybody who didn't indict a political enemy at their demand. The United States of Soviet...err...America?

Hell, if she can find enough deaf dumb and blind supporters like you, she might actually win.

Certainly the fix was in. On that we agree.

My point was only that the rule of law in this country has been dead for a very long time. Those in government have privilege, but those like Martha Stewart are held to a higher standard.

When Bush admitted that he had violated the letter of the FISA statute, not an eyebrow was raised in Congress. See what I mean?

For a lot of people, this doesn't change anything. The mindset is that the woman is more corrupt than Kenneth Lay.

I'd vote for a dead cat before I vote for Hillary Clinton.

Sure. And Bush was behind 9-11. Such statements say more about the people who make them than about the reality.

I have to admit I'm bewildered. Maybe one has to be an attorney to understand the director's reasoning.

Nah. I think the "Too Big To Fail" excuse is pretty graspable, even by those of us without law degrees.

Especially the part about intent. I always thought "ignorance of the law is no excuse." My cynical self says that's right...unless you're a high-enough ranking politician.

That. And that it puts the nail in rule of law, and Comey basically admitted that.

Anyone know?

It is a law that you cannot do so for classified information. Rather serious law. The kind we would like to discuss with Mr Snowden, and for which we have made Mr Manning our guest.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Good point. It's not like this happened during the Obama administration, or like his administration was involved in the decision to give her a pass....

Good point. It's not like this happened during the Obama administration, or like his administration was involved in the decision to give her a pass....

Why is it that everything is Obama's fault but Bush was completely blameless during his time in office?

Back
Top Bottom