• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Law and Order? Trumpies not so much...

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
You cannot claim law and order as a principle for your stance on immigration, Clinton emails, etc. while defending a president who flouts the law by telling others like Tillerson, Comey, and Cohen to break the law for him. You either value the law or you don't. So can we stop pretending that Trump supporters have any principles or morals? They are trying to maintain a power hierarchy that favors white, Christian males. That is all they are as evidenced by how they are now rationalizing yet another amoral and unlawful action by their chosen leader.

You cannot claim law and order as a principle for your stance on immigration, Clinton emails, etc. while defending a president who flouts the law by telling others like Tillerson, Comey, and Cohen to break the law for him. You either value the law or you don't. So can we stop pretending that Trump supporters have any principles or morals? They are trying to maintain a power hierarchy that favors white, Christian males. That is all they are as evidenced by how they are now rationalizing yet another amoral and unlawful action by their chosen leader.

**coughBULL****cough**

Did I hurt your self imposed delusion that you actually stand for something besides keeping others in society down?

Not at all. Evidently you were unable to discern my message.

I tried to discreetly call your entire post a bunch of BULL****.

Not at all. Evidently you were unable to discern my message.

I tried to discreetly call your entire post a bunch of BULL****.

I understood perfectly. You have nothing of substance to counter my argument. I don't live a dishonest existence where I try to convince myself that I can support an amoral, criminal for a leader while claiming I have morals and value the law. I don't expect people who do to recognize it in themselves. I am just tired of pretending such people are anything but cronies serving an incompetent mob boss.

"keeping others in society down?"
Drama queen much?

Make America Great Again.

And there's the victim card. :lamo

I am not playing the zero sum game. You are. Why are you afraid of other people? Because they will take your jobs? Marry your daughter? Change the culture? Get real. You are the living embodiment of the victim card. You support Trump because the "other" is out to get you. You want policies to turn back the clock because the "others" are destroying your country. You are identity politics. The very political idea you claim to find revolting is now your bread and butter because you see yourself as suffering from misfortune at the hands of others. The War on Christmas! Those raping, illegal Mexicans! The transgender out to spy on your kids in the bathroom! Whoa is you. So deserving of sympathy. So angry at the transgressions of the others. Best to support an incompetent mob boss to make it all right again. To show them their place.

Please explain how he told "Cohen to break the law." Thanks.

And you ever apply any "Critical Thought" to what you hear on TV?

I understood perfectly. You have nothing of substance to counter my argument. I don't live a dishonest existence where I try to convince myself that I can support an amoral, criminal for a leader while claiming I have morals and value the law. I don't expect people who do to recognize it in themselves. I am just tired of pretending such people are anything but cronies serving an incompetent mob boss.

sigh...

1. "while defending a president who flouts the law by telling others like Tillerson, Comey, and Cohen to break the law for him" BULL****!

Trump didn't tell anyone to break the law for him.​

2. "You either value the law or you don't. So can we stop pretending that Trump supporters have any principles or morals? They are trying to maintain a power hierarchy that favors white, Christian males. That is all they are as evidenced by how they are now rationalizing yet another amoral and unlawful action by their chosen leader. " BULL****!

Generalized, unsupported bull**** is just that...bull****.​

So...I've spent time I'll never get back providing substance that supports my original contention about your entire post: BULL****!!.

Moving on...

Please explain how he told "Cohen to break the law." Thanks.

And you ever apply any "Critical Thought" to what you hear on TV?

I don't let Fox news tell me how to think if that is what you mean.

sigh...

1. "while defending a president who flouts the law by telling others like Tillerson, Comey, and Cohen to break the law for him" BULL****!

Trump didn't tell anyone to break the law for him.​

2. "You either value the law or you don't. So can we stop pretending that Trump supporters have any principles or morals? They are trying to maintain a power hierarchy that favors white, Christian males. That is all they are as evidenced by how they are now rationalizing yet another amoral and unlawful action by their chosen leader. " BULL****!

Generalized, unsupported bull**** is just that...bull****.​

So...I've spent time I'll never get back providing substance that supports my original contention about your entire post: BULL****!!.

Moving on...

So Tillerson, Comey, and Cohen are all liars but Trump only tells the truth?

I don't let Fox news tell me how to think if that is what you mean.

Somebody is telling you what to think. Now how about you explain how Trump 'told Cohen to break the law."

Somebody is telling you what to think. Now how about you explain how Trump 'told Cohen to break the law."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/14/donald-trump-knew-hush-money-was-wrong-says-cohen

Donald Trump knew he was doing wrong when he directed hush money to be paid to two women during the 2016 election, his former lawyer and fixer has said.

“He directed me to make the payments. He directed me to become involved in these matters,” Michael Cohen, who was sentenced to three years in prison this week over crimes committed while working for Trump, told ABC News in an interview aired on Friday.

Asked whether Trump understood at the time that the payment was wrong, Cohen replied: “Of course.”

That understanding is significant because the campaign finance violations Cohen was convicted of require an understanding on the part of the alleged perpetrator that the act is criminal.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/14/donald-trump-knew-hush-money-was-wrong-says-cohen

[QUOTE
Donald Trump knew he was doing wrong when he directed hush money to be paid to two women during the 2016 election, his former lawyer and fixer has said.

“He directed me to make the payments. He directed me to become involved in these matters,” Michael Cohen, who was sentenced to three years in prison this week over crimes committed while working for Trump, told ABC News in an interview aired on Friday.

Asked whether Trump understood at the time that the payment was wrong, Cohen replied: “Of course.”

That understanding is significant because the campaign finance violations Cohen was convicted of require an understanding on the part of the alleged perpetrator that the act is criminal.
[/QUOTE]

So you are quoting Cohen. Fine. What was 'wrong' or illegal about the the NDA's?

So you are quoting Cohen. Fine. What was 'wrong' or illegal about the the NDA's?[/QUOTE]

Lol.

During the 2016 election, Cohen paid $130,000 to adult film actress Stephanie Clifford, known as Stormy Daniels, and arranged for a publishing company to pay $150,000 to model Karen McDougal for her story in exchange for the women agreeing to not go public with allegations that they had affairs with Trump. (Trump has denied having affairs with either Clifford or McDougal.)
Prosecutors said the purpose of the hush payments was to influence the 2016 election, and treated them as campaign contributions, which are subject to restrictions under the Federal Election Campaign Act.
Cohen's payment to Clifford, they said, exceeded the $2,700 limit on personal contributions to a single candidate for an election. The payment he helped arrange for McDougal flouted the ban on corporations contributing directly to campaigns.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/how-michael-cohen-broke-campaign-finance-law

I am assuming that this is where you tell me, that under threat of perjury, Cohen lied about these actions when he pled guilty or that this is one of those laws like speeding that we only have to abide by some of the time, or that the current laws are unfair. Which FOX news rationalization will you use?

So Tillerson, Comey, and Cohen are all liars but Trump only tells the truth?

Comey and Cohen...yes. Those two certainly are liars. Repeated liars.

Tillerson...I have no idea what you are talking about. I suspect, neither do you. Or maybe you have been listening to rumors again.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/how-michael-cohen-broke-campaign-finance-law

I am assuming that this is where you tell me, that under threat of perjury, Cohen lied about these actions when he pled guilty or that this is one of those laws like speeding that we only have to abide by some of the time, or that the current laws are unfair. Which FOX news rationalization will you use?

You are making the case against Cohen, not Trump. Cohen set everything up, not Trump. Cohen was the lawyer, not Trump. Trump 'instructed' Cohen to arrange NDA's with these women, not break the law. NDA's are not illegal. If Cohen set them up in a fashion that broke the law, thats on him, not the client.

Comey and Cohen...yes. Those two certainly are liars. Repeated liars.

Tillerson...I have no idea what you are talking about. I suspect, neither do you. Or maybe you have been listening to rumors again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/rex-tillerson-says-he-pushed-back-on-illegal-trump-demands.html

Tillerson commented on his time in the Trump administration during a rare public appearance in Houston Thursday night, according to reports in local media. He said he pushed back on the president's efforts to get him to do things that were against the law.

"So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, 'Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law,'" Tillerson said.

You are making the case against Cohen, not Trump. Cohen set everything up, not Trump. Cohen was the lawyer, not Trump. Trump 'instructed' Cohen to arrange NDA's with these women, not break the law. NDA's are not illegal. If Cohen set them up in a fashion that broke the law, thats on him, not the client.

Incompetent mob boss. An amoral criminal who instructs others to break the law for him. You are a good crony. Do you, like him, also believe "flipping" should be illegal? We don't want the incompetent mob boss to be implicated after all.

So...it appears that Trump was doing what any good President should do: Talk to his people...throw out ideas...get feedback. Tell me...did Tillerson say Trump TOLD him to do anything illegal? The article doesn't say.

I might add...perhaps Cohen should have followed Tillerson's example and, as Trump's advisor, tell Trump that what he's asking is illegal...instead of just doing it. I don't know what motivated Cohen to act like that. Maybe he just wanted the money. Maybe he's a crooked lawyer. Maybe it WASN'T illegal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom