• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Laverbread

I have only had seaweed in Chinese, Korean and Japanese food and cannot remember seeing it here in the market or supermarkets. Do you know, if I can just collect some on the rocks or beach, or is some of it terribly poisonous? Also, does it have to be treated before eating like snails and the like must be?

I have only had seaweed in Chinese, Korean and Japanese food and cannot remember seeing it here in the market or supermarkets. Do you know, if I can just collect some on the rocks or beach, or is some of it terribly poisonous? Also, does it have to be treated before eating like snails and the like must be?

The seaweed used in Wales and Ireland is Porphyra umbilicalis. It has to be boiled for several hours.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laver_(seaweed)

Americans dont eat seaweed.

/thread

I see no intelligent reasoning why seaweed and bread should ever be even remotely synonymous.

None.

I have only had seaweed in Chinese, Korean and Japanese food ~

Chinese fried seaweed is actually deep fried shredded Savoy cabbage / cabbage or spring greens. Korean and Japanese seaweed dishes are made with the same variety of real seaweed the Welsh use.

Back
Top Bottom