• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lauren Rosenberg sues Google, blames faulty Google Maps directions after being hit by

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A California woman is suing Google after she was hit by a car while following directions provided by Google Maps on her cell phone, according to AOL News.

Lauren Rosenberg says that the Google Maps BlackBerry application told her to use Deer Valley Drive -- a highway also called Utah State Route 224 -- to walk from one Park City address to another.

However, the directions did not tell her that there were no sidewalks along Deer Valley Drive, which, Rosenberg alleges, led to her being struck by traffic.

Read more: Lauren Rosenberg sues Google, blames faulty Google Maps directions after being hit by car in Utah

The one thing that sucks about America is the frivolous law suits.
You can run a business, do a great job, produce a great product or service, but some jerk stain can end it all in a heart beat with a bs lawsuit.

Or you can settle because it costs less, and then watch your premiums rise.

This is another reason not to open a business in the States. It's roulette, and when the ball lands on your number... you're facked.

This wench should have her case tossed from court, be given a severe reprimand, and if possible fined to the max for wasting the court's time and resources. At a minimum she should have to do 100-hours of community service for her idiocy.

Re: Lauren Rosenberg sues Google, blames faulty Google Maps directions after being hi

but rosenberg continues along the defined path to the destination depite being able to observe said path is without the sidewalk rosenberg believed was necessary for safe passage
contributory negligence, which excuplates google

Re: Lauren Rosenberg sues Google, blames faulty Google Maps directions after being hi

Isn't the google maps application meant for driving? It doesn't teak a plethora of brain cells to realize you are walking on road pavement and not on a sidewalk. I hate crappy lawsuits like these, they are ruining America.

Ok - well - I'll just dive into the Atlantic and then sue when I don't arrive safely after an exhaustive Swim in Europe.

COMMON SENSE, PEOPLE!

When we took our trip to California we were caught on in a stowstorm all the way home - at one point our GPS tried to get us to drive into a snowed over embankment which led to nowhere. Was there a road there? I don't know, couldn't see one! Just feet of snow. So we stayed ON the safely defined and snow-plowed highway.

DUUUUUR

Last edited:

I'm just waiting for the lawsuit against Red Bull for false advertising, because their product does not in fact give you wings.

The plaintiff should be held accountable for all court costs. There is no way I would find Google at fault.Any GPS naviagation system I have used has a warning and statement that the use of the info/product is up to the individual. It shows that some will not take personal responsibilities for their own actions. They think it is always someone elses fault when things go bad.
From Google maps when using to find directions.
"These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.

Stupid lawsuits like this grab the headlines because they're stupid. 99% of them get dismissed and you never hear of them again.

Interesting, because when I use Google Maps to ask for walking directions in Park City, ones that deliberately involve using Deer Valley Drive, the first thing I see is a yellow box saying: "Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths." This warning has popped up for me when looking at walking directions in other cities as well.

I don't see this going very far.

Back
Top Bottom