• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Laura Bush hints she would rather vote for Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Former first lady Laura Bush hinted this week that she would rather see Hillary Clinton in the Oval Office than Donald Trump, saying she wants the next president to be someone who cares about women in Afghanistan.

“I want our next president — whoever he or she might be — to be somebody who is interested in women in Afghanistan and who will continue U.S. policies … that we continue to do what we’re committed to do as a country,” Mrs. Bush said during the annual Women in the World summit in New York, according to the Telegraph.

Laura Bush hints she would rather vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump - Washington Times

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura Bush's quote actually appears to be quite ambiguous. So answer this question:

Do you believe Laura Bush is really going to support Hillary Clinton, Or is the Washington Times just having a bad news day and needs something so they can get more clicks on their web site?

Personally, I can see Laura Bush voting for Gary Johnson before she would vote for HRC.

Article is here.

Laura Bush' statement is contradictory though. If she's interested in voting for someone who cares about women in Afganistan then why would that imply she may support Hillary Clinton?

Laura Bush' statement is contradictory though. If she's interested in voting for someone who cares about women in Afganistan then why would that imply she may support Hillary Clinton?

Thanks for the response.

**Dana bends over**

Now please kick me. :mrgreen:

I like Laura I think she was one of the classier First Ladies we have had. I don't think she was hinting at anything. She was straightforwardly saying she hopes the next administration helps liberate those women, whoever it may be.

I have grown really tired of reporters trying to pass off editorials as news. It's gotten to levels enough to be considered propaganda.

There is nothing in clintons resume to suggest she would do anything to liberate those women and conversely nothing in trumps history to suggest he would not.

Suggesting otherwise is simply put, shilling for your preferred candidate. Editors who allow this stuff should be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet a good some of money Laura will vote for Hillary. She is left of her husband and her husband won't endorse Trump.

Nice to see members of the Bush family continue to be people of principle and humanity. Not surprising that Laura Bush, who spent much of her husband's terms in office working in support of women and girls in Afghanistan and other parts of the Middle East, would like to see those efforts continue under a new administration. It is clear, much as one may dislike or dismiss the administration of President Obama, that he did take an interest and an active role in Afghanistan and did work to secure the independence of their people from control of the Taliban.

It's clear, at least to me, that Donald Trump is an isolationist who will entrench American power and influence within the borders of the USA, to the extent physically possible. That likely means that places like Afghanistan, the broader Middle East, and the Balkans, to name a few, will be left to their own devices. Clinton is far more likely to continue the work of President Bush and to a lesser extent President Obama when it comes to issues that Laura Bush seems to hold as important and non-partisan.

Back
Top Bottom