• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Latino support for Trump on rise at 37%...

I always wondered if Hispanic-Americans of non-Mexican descent cared about what he said about Mexico.

The Hispanic-Americans I grew up around and went to school (Florida) with were all from the Caribbean or South America (or their parents were). They made fun of Mexico and Mexicans without a second thought.

Not all that puzzling, Latinos/Hispanics love their strongmen.

Let's see where it is in November. And I tend to throw a jaundiced eye at any Fox poll.
FOX polls are actually reasonably unbiased. The poll used in the OP's article however, is an outside firm using proprietary methods which are skimmed off of social media. So yeah, probably not to be taken seriously, especially given his 75 percent unfavorables among latinos.

FOX polls are actually reasonably unbiased. The poll used in the OP's article however, is an outside firm using proprietary methods which are skimmed off of social media. So yeah, probably not to be taken seriously, especially given his 75 percent unfavorables among latinos.

Was there a poll cited? I couldn't find it. All I found was something called, 'big data analysis'.

edit-Okay, the small print under the graph says, "Based on an analysis of digital discussion." For whatever that's worth.

I always wondered if Hispanic-Americans of non-Mexican descent cared about what he said about Mexico.

The Hispanic-Americans I grew up around and went to school (Florida) with were all from the Caribbean or South America (or their parents were). They made fun of Mexico and Mexicans without a second thought.

Not all that puzzling, Latinos/Hispanics love their strongmen.

It would be interesting to see a break down by national origin.

I'm married in to an Ecuadorian family and the overwhelming majority of my in-laws whom I've spoken to support Trump as well as immigration reform.

I don't find it to be surprising at all.

It is also my opinion that many Latino/Hispanic immigrants are proud and "proper" people, firm in their Roman Catholic faith and all the values and morals associated with that, who are absolutely appalled by the many instances of civil unrest, tantamount to rioting and mass violence, that have been occurring across the country in the pro-Mexican name, and if there is an increase in Latino/Hispanic support for Trump occurring I would think that it is in large part out of an "anti-lawlessness" motivation rather than a strictly pro-Trump motivation.

That's what put my mother-in-in law, an 80-year-old Ecuadorian immigrant, in the Trump camp.

More of a "not on my watch" sort of thing than a "wow that Trump is swell".

Its a Fox News poll... so highly inaccurate :) Bet 37% are in favour and 83% are against..... and you do the math there :)

I'm married in to an Ecuadorian family and the overwhelming majority of my in-laws whom I've spoken to support Trump as well as immigration reform.

It is also my opinion that many Latino/Hispanic immigrants are proud and "proper" people, firm in their Roman Catholic faith and all the values and morals associated with that, who are absolutely appalled by the many instances of civil unrest, tantamount to rioting and mass violence, that have been occurring across the country in the pro-Mexican name, and if there is an increase in Latino/Hispanic support for Trump occurring I would think that it is in large part out of an "anti-lawlessness" motivation rather than a strictly pro-Trump motivation.

That's what put my mother-in-in law, an 80-year-old Ecuadorian immigrant, in the Trump camp.

I imagine Trump will eventually say something to personally offend Ecuadoreans. Just give him some time, and don't lose faith!

It is evident that Donald Trump has rewritten the rules of political campaigning, leaving the so- called experts, analysts, journalists and even the GOP itself puzzled by the power and effectiveness of his approach.
Opinion: Big data reports Latino support for Trump on the rise at 37% | Fox News Latino

So, let's look at an actual poll instead of an editorial, and who latinos are actually thinking of voting for, instead of their opinion of the candidates. Most recent I could find listed at RCP with a racial breakdown is from Monday: http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ibdtipp-Tables_June2016_Posting-1.pdf

Page 56 has the data for a head to head matchup, and Clinton gets 52 % of the Latino vote, Trump 28 %. So Trump is only losing 2 to 1...

What's 'big data'?

When all email, text messages, twitters, IMs, post on boards such as this one, and any other social media are added up, it amounts to a really, really large amount of data. It is not a high tech sounding name, but in the industry, it is called it big data. Mining all that data is big business. The results are usually more accurate than polls because it is a collection of what is actually being said out in the real world instead of just being a tally of a few people that agreed to participate in a poll.

I am a Puerto Rican in a family that is mostly Puerto Rican with touches of Ecuadorian and El Salvadorian. To a person, and there are a lot of us, we are voting for Trump. Even my 95 year old father who has never voted for a Republican in his life, is voting for Trump. And yes, there is a great deal of anger aimed at what the anti-Trump Mexicans are doing on national TV. Its embarrassing because many lump all Hispanics together in the same basket, and is swaying folks towards Trump.

In full disclosure, very few of us, including me, support Trump; he is the lessor evil.

That 75% is bogus as well....from the liberal propaganda machine

Let's see where it is in November. And I tend to throw a jaundiced eye at any Fox poll.

In 2003, Californian Latinos overwhelmingly voted for Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor, over Latino Democrat Cruz Bustamonte. This happened in spite of the media trying to accuse Swartzeneggar of having familial ties to Nazis.

The media has done the same thing to Trump, hinting that his father had ties to the KKK.

I think white Democrats are frustrated by the fact that they've staked their party's future on Latinos, and Latinos aren't as predictable as the DNC would like.

I am a Puerto Rican in a family that is mostly Puerto Rican with touches of Ecuadorian and El Salvadorian. To a person, and there are a lot of us, we are voting for Trump. Even my 95 year old father who has never voted for a Republican in his life, is voting for Trump. And yes, there is a great deal of anger aimed at what the anti-Trump Mexicans are doing on national TV. Its embarrassing because many lump all Hispanics together in the same basket, and is swaying folks towards Trump.

In full disclosure, very few of us, including me, support Trump; he is the lessor evil.

If Bernie had more of a chance, would your family be supporting him over Trump?

In 2003, Californian Latinos overwhelmingly voted for Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor, over Latino Democrat Cruz Bustamonte. This happened in spite of the media trying to accuse Swartzeneggar of having familial ties to Nazis.

The media has done the same thing to Trump, hinting that his father had ties to the KKK.

I think white Democrats are frustrated by the fact that they've staked their party's future on Latinos, and Latinos aren't as predictable as the DNC would like.

You may be right. But I live in California, my wife is Hispanic. Most of the Hispanics I know won't vote for Trump.

You may be right. But I live in California, my wife is Hispanic. Most of the Hispanics I know won't vote for Trump.

I live in California as well, and I have yet to meet a Hispanic Trump supporter, yet I know they exist.

Back
Top Bottom