• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Latest Video from the Mavi Marmada

This adds nothing new to those who have already known the true nature of those activists.
The rest are living in self-denial.

It's not even about pro-Israelis and anti-Israelis anymore, it's about people with a functioning logic and people who wouldn't be accepted into an asylum on grounds of insanity.

Don, I heard this interview before but that time the people just said 'No, we are going to Gaza'.

It was a cutted version, perhaps the response to the second warning/first warning.

Your suspicion shouldn't be a concern however, sicne it should be really easy to prove that this was the recording from the ship during the investigation.

Has the authenticity of this been independently verified?

YouTube - Mavi Marmara to Israeli Navy: "We're Helping Arabs Go Against the US, Don't Forget 9/11 Guys"

Source: IDF releases new 'Marmara' clip

This video highlights that at least some of those on the ship in question were motivated far more by hatred for Jews and the U.S./West than out of concern for Gaza's residents.

It doesn't make any difference what actually happened, Donald. All that matters is people's agenda. Truth falls by the wayside, and any concerned with the truth are punished if they advocate for it too strongly.

the full unedited version:
YouTube - Unedited Radio Transmission Between Gaza Flotilla and Israeli Navy

and a clarification from IDF spokesman (http://idfspokesperson.com/):

This transmission had originally cited the Mavi Marmara ship as being the source of these remarks, however, due to an open channel, the specific ship or ships in the “Freedom Flotilla” responding to the Israeli Navy could not be identified. During radio transmissions between Israeli Navy and the ships of the “Free Gaza” Flotilla on 31 May 2010, the Israeli Navy ship attempts to make contact with the ‘Defne Y’ on channel 1-6. Other ships from the flotilla respond on the channel, without identifying themselves. At some point during the radio exchange the Israeli Navy is told by one of the ships to “shut up, go back to Auschwitz” (2:05) and “don’t forget 9-11″ (5:42).

Last edited:
That was far less damning than the Israeli media is spinning it. For one, the Israeli Navy gave a very vague threat and seemed to suggest there would be violence. Whether they intended to it or not, there was no for the people in the flotilla to know the difference. The thing about a situation like this is things can become confusing. Some people got shot with non-lethal weaponry on other ships, but it is not certain those on the Turkish ship knew. It is quite possible that bad information came in claiming people were being shot or even killed and in conjunction with these comments by the Israeli navy over the radio cause the people on the Turkish ship to think they were going to be shot by the Israeli soldiers.

On a side note there were claims that someone was shot in the head by the Israeli soldiers before any one was attacked. Perhaps that was one of the paintball guns and the people there simply misunderstood, especially if it was in conjunction with other bad info and the vague threats of the Israeli Navy.

That was far less damning than the Israeli media is spinning it. For one, the Israeli Navy gave a very vague threat and seemed to suggest there would be violence. Whether they intended to it or not, there was no for the people in the flotilla to know the difference. The thing about a situation like this is things can become confusing. Some people got shot with non-lethal weaponry on other ships, but it is not certain those on the Turkish ship knew. It is quite possible that bad information came in claiming people were being shot or even killed and in conjunction with these comments by the Israeli navy over the radio cause the people on the Turkish ship to think they were going to be shot by the Israeli soldiers.

On a side note there were claims that someone was shot in the head by the Israeli soldiers before any one was attacked. Perhaps that was one of the paintball guns and the people there simply misunderstood, especially if it was in conjunction with other bad info and the vague threats of the Israeli Navy.

What so unclear about the IDF intensions?
YouTube - Israeli Navy Addresses a Ship in the Flotilla and Offers it to Dock in the Ashdod Port

The videos show the crowed jumps on the first soldier who slides down the rope even before he set foot on the deck, beating him with clubs and iron bars and then throwing him to the lower deck, when did he have a time to shoot someone in the head?
No one was shot on the other ships, thats simply a lie.

The videos show the crowed jumps on the first soldier who slides down the rope even before he set foot on the deck, beating him with clubs and iron bars and then throwing him to the lower deck, when did he have a time to shoot someone in the head?
No one was shot on the other ships, thats simply a lie.

1. The shot in the head was said to have come from the helicopter. I am not saying it was a bullet, but perhaps a paint ball.

2. People were shot on the other ships with non-lethal weaponry like paintball guns. It's very easy to see some bad information spread as a result.

1. The shot in the head was said to have come from the helicopter. I am not saying it was a bullet, but perhaps a paint ball.

2. People were shot on the other ships with non-lethal weaponry like paintball guns. It's very easy to see some bad information spread as a result.

Both of those statements are completely baseless and have no facts to support them.
They are most likely to be made up, like the claim that no soldiers were attacked on the ship, or that the soldiers have came onto the ship shooting and killing.

Both of those statements are completely baseless and have no facts to support them.
They are most likely to be made up, like the claim that no soldiers were attacked on the ship, or that the soldiers have came onto the ship shooting and killing.

What part are you saying is baseless? People on the boat said someone was shot in the head from the helicopter and I believe the Israeli military did say they fired non-lethal weaponry on some of the other boats.

My point is that misinformation could have spread in response to things like the communications made by the Israeli Navy and helped instigate the situation.

What part are you saying is baseless? People on the boat said someone was shot in the head from the helicopter and I believe the Israeli military did say they fired non-lethal weaponry on some of the other boats.
There is no evidence beyond the words of the activists to that happening, and please refer to where exactly did the IDF say such thing.
My point is that misinformation could have spread in response to things like the communications made by the Israeli Navy and helped instigate the situation.
It seems like the activists have decided to try and mislead people.
They were claiming at the beginning that soldiers weren't attacked at all.

There is no evidence beyond the words of the activists to that happening, and please refer to where exactly did the IDF say such thing.
And there is no evidence contrary besides what the IDF has asserted.

Yes, I have heard several people say that the Israeli's fired before they got on the boat so I think there is a possibility that the people on board did believe that they Israeli's were firing live ammunition before they came on board, whether they did or not.

I listened yesterday to a recording of a previous Free Gaza journey. The Israeli Navy told them that they were going to fire on them unless they turned back. No if's or buts about it. They were going to fire.

There is no question that the people on board believed they were going to be fired on. One of them then suggested they mention the notables that were on the boat in the hope that would stop this. This they did.

For whatever reason after telling them they would be fired on Israel did not. It takes an enormous amount of discipline to remain composed when you have reason to believe you are about to be killed. The passengers on that boat had that composure.

Now we certainly have not heard all the communication between Israel and the boats. If something similar was said this time and the stun grenades and so on was fired on the ship, this could, I am not saying it is, but it certainly could be the reason for the response for the passengers.

Be clear. There is no way in this world that these people were going to win any battle against the Israeli Navy. In addition the orders were very clear from Free Gaza to all boats. No violence was to be used.

It is possible that whereas usual 'free Gaza' activist knew all about pacifist resistance, some of the passengers on the fatal ship did not so much and believing that they were about to die they decided to put up as big a fight as they could.

That is a very definite possibility.

When on the previous mission the Israeli Navy told them they were going to fire on them, they were presumably using psychological warfare - trying to frighten them away. This boat continued peacefully.

The problem is that not everyone responds to psychology the same way.

And there is no evidence contrary besides what the IDF has asserted.

Which means, if your mind has not arrived at it already, that it doesn't exist in the realm of truth.

I say that you have just punched me.
You say that is not true.
Do you really think that the police is going to fine you unless an evidence is presented?

Besides that the activists were already caught on two lies.

Back
Top Bottom