• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Latest Military Operation Fizzles - All Hype, No Results

Yea eastt65 and Gunny, I bet you laugh at all of us that don't get to read the intell briefs. But it's also kind of fun trying to figure stuff out from what news we get.

easyt65 said:
But there is more than enough unclassified information/evidence out there that is pointing people to the truth...

And they hate puzzles - things they have to put together.

then there are the few who know more because they actually dig for it.

Here's my best guess...

teacher said:
For the same reason that Bush said there weren't any WMD's.

Here's how I think it might have gone.

Syria get's the WMD's. Before they figured out we are serious like about things now. So we have some high level hush hush talks talks with Syria. We tell them, "here's the deal. We'll come take over your backwater camel fuc*k fest you have going on there and treat you just like Iraq. You know we'll do it. You lose your power and money and we free your women. To keep this from happening you have to destroy the WMD's and get your asses out of Lebanon. You get to keep your power and look all nice like for pulling out on your own, and we won't prove to the world that you harbored WMD's for sure which will make even those little wimp *** French hate you." For us we won't have to invade a Muslim run country, (which Iraq wasn't), and really rile up the fanatics for a REAL Jihad, and we won't have to sell to the bleeding hearts in the USA another war for their own good. We get the Syrians out of Lebanon, peace takes a step closer in the Middle East, (which in the final analysis this is all about because they are getting closer and closer to getting nukes and that is just not an option so we have to change them from within, free the women), none of our people die in Syria, in short, we get what we want all for the price of Bush saying there were no WMD's.

W. took one for the team.

This of course is just deductive reasoning on my part. It's the only thing I can figure that would make Bush say there were no WMD's when we all FRIGGIN KNOW there were AND explains Syria's sudden change of heart after years of occupation.

But why resort to such foolish methods when I now possess the most powerful intelligence tool ever known to man?

Attachments

• Picture 41.jpg
    Picture 41.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 42.jpg
    Picture 42.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 43.jpg
    Picture 43.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 179
  • Picture 44.jpg
    Picture 44.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 177
teacher said:
Yea eastt65 and Gunny, I bet you laugh at all of us that don't get to read the intell briefs. But it's also kind of fun trying to figure stuff out from what news we get.

It IS hard for the average person to get the truth, especially when lots of the media IS spinning stuff with an agenda!

Want to know why I almost go postal sometimes? Imagine you have an incredible secret thatyou can NOT divulge, and day after day you are forced to read others on both sides make up the news and report it to fit their own political or whatever biases...and YOU have this secret. You try to tell someone the truth, but you are met with disbelief and a demand for proof that you can't give.

:eek:

easyt65 said:
You try to tell someone the truth, but you are met with disbelief and a demand for proof that you can't give.

Ah, fuc*k em. The way I figure it is a that there are a bunch of old, smart, rich, white men in charge. They love their Grandkids. I think what would I do and how would I do it. Then I look at what is reported, and more importantly, what is not reported, and I feel pretty good. No buildings have fallen down lately, only 2000 US men have died which is friggin unbelievable, (55,000 died in one day at Gettysburg), Arab women are voting and mixedmedia is flirting with me.

teacher said:
I'll take your word for it. The way I hear it, the women and children love us. The men hate us. Wonder why that is? What do they say? I'd rather hear what boots on the ground think than anyone else anyday. Are they regular?

One has to return soon. One is home for good.

My brother is a civillian interrogator. <In my best Forest Gump voice, "and that's all I have to say 'bout that.">

One is regular. One is reserve and yes they both volunteered....... do they not have an opinion too? :confused:

Captain America said:
One has to return soon. One is home for good.

My brother is a civillian interrogator. &lt;In my best Forest Gump voice, "and that's all I have to say 'bout that."&gt;

One is regular. One is reserve and yes they both volunteered....... do they not have an opinion too? :confused:

Of course they do. It's just that the reservists and guard are a little more upset about going overseas. Tends to bias their opinion against the war from what I've seen. Put it like this Cap, I could care less what the pundits have to say. They are selling air time. Boots on the ground have the pulse. But nothing tells me more than an Iraqi woman who voted under threat of death proudly holding her ink stained finger up. Everybody and their polls and Bush lied and civil war can blow me. Women are now much less likely to be beat with sticks in public. I want this Iraq thing to be done with as much as anyone, but for me it's so we can go on to the next third world back water cess pool and free those women from savage men who treat the fair sex as slaves in the guise of being a good Muslim. So I guess arguing politics with me on this Iraq thing is pointless. Free the women. I'm out.

teacher said:

Here's my best guess...

From the Wash Times in 2004. Never heard hide nor hair of this story afterwards...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041028-122637-6257r.htm

Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned.
John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, "almost certainly" removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad.

Documents reviewed by the official included itineraries of military units involved in the truck shipments to Syria. The materials outlined in the documents included missile components, MiG jet parts, tank parts and chemicals used to make chemical weapons, the official said.
The director of the Iraqi government front company known as the Al Bashair Trading Co. fled to Syria, where he is in charge of monitoring arms holdings and funding Iraqi insurgent activities, the official said.
Also, an Arabic-language report obtained by U.S. intelligence disclosed the extent of Russian armaments. The 26-page report was written by Abdul Tawab Mullah al Huwaysh, Saddam's minister of military industrialization, who was captured by U.S. forces May 2, 2003.
The Russian "spetsnaz" or special-operations forces were under the GRU military intelligence service and organized large commercial truck convoys for the weapons removal, the official said.
Regarding the explosives, the new Iraqi government reported that 194.7 metric tons of HMX, or high-melting-point explosive, and 141.2 metric tons of RDX, or rapid-detonation explosive, and 5.8 metric tons of PETN, or pentaerythritol tetranitrate, were missing.
The material is used in nuclear weapons and also in making military "plastic" high explosive.

easyt65 said:
It IS hard for the average person to get the truth, especially when lots of the media IS spinning stuff with an agenda!

Want to know why I almost go postal sometimes? Imagine you have an incredible secret thatyou can NOT divulge, and day after day you are forced to read others on both sides make up the news and report it to fit their own political or whatever biases...and YOU have this secret. You try to tell someone the truth, but you are met with disbelief and a demand for proof that you can't give.

:eek:

This is why I get so frustrated with people who are constantly calling for the govt to disclose this or that. Everyone always wants to see the proof for themselves. Nevermind the fact that we elect/appoint representatives to do this FOR us so as not to compromise security.

The way I look at it, there is LOTS of things the gov doesn't tell us, because it can't. Every single government out there makes backroom deals with countries every day that if leaked to the media, would send the country into a frenzy. It's just how things work. It's called politics. So what can we do? I'm not advocating taking everything the gov says without question, but there's a difference between being questioning and putting the government on trial. Have faith in the people we've elected to protect us, and in the people who are willing to give their lives to protect us. It's all we can do. But it's enough.

RightatNYU said:
From the Wash Times in 2004. Never heard hide nor hair of this story afterwards...

Right there. Stories that are reported once. Why is that? It got squashed. Another clue. Months back it was reported that some 100 plus WMD sites were found in Iraq. Reported once by the Air Force. It went away. Quick like. Why is that? W. is taking one for the team. If you were President would you be more concerned about the polls or the good of the nation? Think people, get beyond your partisan bullshit and look at the big, long term picture. RightatNYU's post only makes my theory as laid out in post #76 more solid.

You people can yell and scream all you want that there were no WMD's found. No matter. We know they were there. Where did they go? If Saddam destroyed them would he not document it and shout it from the mountains? It might have kept us out if he had. But he didn't. Why is that? There are enough intelligence practices from the cold war declassified to give you unwashed masses the jist of how things are done behind the scenes at the highest levels. Do you really think that DIRNSA is gonna tell us everything that is going on? Just go read a Ludlum or Clancy novel and apply it to the real world. It's just that friggin simple.

teacher said:
Right there. Stories that are reported once. Why is that? It got squashed. Another clue. Months back it was reported that some 100 plus WMD sites were found in Iraq. Reported once by the Air Force. It went away. Quick like. Why is that? W. is taking one for the team. If you were President would you be more concerned about the polls or the good of the nation? Think people, get beyond your partisan bullshit and look at the big, long term picture. RightatNYU's post only makes my theory as laid out in post #76 more solid.

You people can yell and scream all you want that there were no WMD's found. No matter. We know they were there. Where did they go? If Saddam destroyed them would he not document it and shout it from the mountains? It might have kept us out if he had. But he didn't. Why is that? There are enough intelligence practices from the cold war declassified to give you unwashed masses the jist of how things are done behind the scenes at the highest levels. Do you really think that DIRNSA is gonna tell us everything that is going on? Just go read a Ludlum or Clancy novel and apply it to the real world. It's just that friggin simple.

This is VERY interesting. I remember seeing that story almost two years ago, not seeing anything else about it since then, and only thinking of it today because the subject got brought up.

Then, just THIS AFTERNOON, I see this:

JON STEWART interviews Iraqi General George Sada (video is available here) and there's some interesting discussion in which Sada says that there absolutely were Weapons of Mass Destruction. (The interesting part starts at about 3/4 of the way in, with 2:45 remaining.) Sada says they were transported to Syria just before the United States invaded Iraq. "I have seen them myself, because you see I was the number two man in the Iraqi Air Force."

I haven't read Sada's new book, but it seems significant to me that he's getting attention from the likes of Jon Stewart, who's certainly no Administration mouthpiece. (Thanks to reader Adam Jensen for the tip.)

http://instapundit.com/archives/029292.php

It seems odd that this wouldn't be getting more notice. Of course, maybe now that its come out on the Daily Show, it'll actually catch peoples attention...

I haven't seen public mention of the European country involved with arms and equipment for Saddam during the 90's either. Plenty has been introduced on the "under the table" oil deals, yet nothing of the equipment and documentation found last year.

None of the reports I've seen names the country (an "ally"), but I can take a real good eduacated guess.

teacher said:
Of course they do. It's just that the reservists and guard are a little more upset about going overseas. Tends to bias their opinion against the war from what I've seen. Put it like this Cap, I could care less what the pundits have to say. They are selling air time. Boots on the ground have the pulse. But nothing tells me more than an Iraqi woman who voted under threat of death proudly holding her ink stained finger up. Everybody and their polls and Bush lied and civil war can blow me. Women are now much less likely to be beat with sticks in public. I want this Iraq thing to be done with as much as anyone, but for me it's so we can go on to the next third world back water cess pool and free those women from savage men who treat the fair sex as slaves in the guise of being a good Muslim. So I guess arguing politics with me on this Iraq thing is pointless. Free the women. I'm out.

Fair enuff my brutha! :2wave:

But, out of curiosity, just what made you think the people I previously mentioned that had their "boots on the ground" would speak negatively about the situation? I simply asked anyone if they would actually like to get the opinion of someone who actually knew the "pulse" you speak of.

When I speak with them, we generally speak of other things. The two who are still in the military do not seem to be concerned with the politics as much as they are with their unit. I left the conversation thinking they were really too focused in their duties to get bogged down in the hog trough of politics. But they did make it clear that they thought the whole thing sucked without going into much detail. They seem to prefer talking about hip-hop, iPods, video games and fishing.

As far as my brother is concerned, he just looks at the paycheck. He can't talk about it and I don't ask. I have absolutely no idea how he feels about the whole situation.

Back
Top Bottom