• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Latest GOP voter suppression tactic works in Iowa

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A seemingly very right wing judge in Iowa has determined that 50,000 mail in ballots in Iowa can not be used and that voters must get new ballots or vote in person. Why did the judge determine that these ballots were not legal, because all of the pertinent information as we would say in the military, they gave name, rank and serial number already filled out. Of course not the voting information, just the pertinent. The judge says that the people who were being sent out ballots had to "reapply" and the ballots had o be "blank" ballots. THis of course is in an area that has voted Dem for years and in a state that is supposed to be up for grabs. What is especially interesting about this is that in my state of Wisconsin all mail in ballots are already filled out to keep from having voter fraud that blank ballots would help to create. I guess this is one more tactic by the GOP to suppress Dem votes. It reminds me of the woman they had at the GOP convention telling everyone that the husband should determine who the wife votes for. With trump and the GOP there seems to be no desire to continue our democracy. I think when Trump says he should have a third term, the GOP will just go along and use voter suppression to accomplish just that.

A seemingly very right wing judge in Iowa has determined that 50,000 mail in ballots in Iowa can not be used and that voters must get new ballots or vote in person. Why did the judge determine that these ballots were not legal, because all of the pertinent information as we would say in the military, they gave name, rank and serial number already filled out. Of course not the voting information, just the pertinent. The judge says that the people who were being sent out ballots had to "reapply" and the ballots had o be "blank" ballots. THis of course is in an area that has voted Dem for years and in a state that is supposed to be up for grabs. What is especially interesting about this is that in my state of Wisconsin all mail in ballots are already filled out to keep from having voter fraud that blank ballots would help to create. I guess this is one more tactic by the GOP to suppress Dem votes. It reminds me of the woman they had at the GOP convention telling everyone that the husband should determine who the wife votes for. With trump and the GOP there seems to be no desire to continue our democracy. I think when Trump says he should have a third term, the GOP will just go along and use voter suppression to accomplish just that.

Please keep the hyperbole and constant suppression shtick out of this next time.
Show me where this judge was ordered to do so by the GOP and maybe you'll have some semblance of a stance here. But we're not in any hurry here and people are completely secure in voting by person if they so choose.

Trumps march to a new American fascism gets a big boost from the judge.

Go decision as this prevents being able to steal ballots out of mailboxes and using them as it provides information on the voter would otherwise know.

Figure the Democratic Party to furiously oppose anything that prevents voting fraud.

Back
Top Bottom