• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Latest Evidence:The Olympics Need to DIE

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
July 16 at 8:50 PM
The U.S. and Canadian anti-doping agencies have drafted a letter calling to ban Russia from the Rio Olympics. Obtained by the Associated Press, the letter has been circulating and, depending on the findings of a World Anti-Doping Agency investigation, could be sent to the International Olympic Committee president and executive board.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-stories-2_russiaolympics939pm:homepage/story

THis is complete bull****. You dont uninvite some country anywhere near this late of a date, especially for something as trivial as doping, which has long been a part of the games. Starting a nuclear war, maybe that would be justification.

What say you?

If 100 million people cheat, IT'S STILL CHEATING. If Russia is not following the Olympic anti-doping rules, they should be banned.

If 100 million people cheat, IT'S STILL CHEATING. If Russia is not following the Olympic anti-doping rules, they should be banned.

And let me guess, you would call a girl three hours before prom and tell her that you decided that she is not good enough for you, the night is off.

AMIRITE?

And let me guess, you would call a girl three hours before prom and tell her that you decided that she is not good enough for you, the night is off.

AMIRITE?

Please tell me how what you just said relates to what you said in your OP in ANY POSSIBLE WAY.

Please tell me how what you just said relates to what you said in your OP in ANY POSSIBLE WAY.

Sorry, I have a nasty habit of not leaving enough breadcrumbs, it is my fault.

I equated telling Russia less than three weeks before the Opening Ceremony that they cant come with telling a girl 3 hours before prom that the nite is off . I am saying "Well Sir Captain, if you think that telling Russia at this late hour that they cant come is fine then you must also think it is OK to tell the Girl 3 hours before prom that you have decided that she is not good enough"

Did you ever do it?

Would U?

Last edited:

I equated telling Russia less than three weeks before the Opening Ceremony that they cant come with telling a girl 3 hours before prom that the nite is off . I am saying "Well Sir Captain, if you think that telling Russia at this late hour that they cant come is fine then you must also think it is OK to tell the Girl 3 hours before prom that you have decided that she is not good enough"

Did you ever do it?

Would U?

If she were my girlfriend and I found out that she were cheating on me, I would certainly tell her we were not going to the prom. That would be a more accurate analogy.

Did you ever do it?

Would U?

False equivalence. Did the girl fail a piss test?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-stories-2_russiaolympics939pm:homepage/story

THis is complete bull****. You dont uninvite some country anywhere near this late of a date, especially for something as trivial as doping, which has long been a part of the games. Starting a nuclear war, maybe that would be justification.

What say you?

I like the topic. I disagree with your conclusion. If doping is forbidden, it must be robustly controlled and illegal behavior punished as well as excluding dopers. If a member of the IOC systematically breaks the rules, it is defining itself as an outlaw ie a non-member of the club. He should no longer be invited to the summer's party with his family.

Doping rules are a key set governing sports. The drugs make a difference and taking them is fraud. The sportsperson taking them has an advantage and steals the future of those abiding by the rules. All over the world people will return home in defeat instead of highly honored and set for life.

Kids around the world watch and learn. The IOC teaches that you need to take drugs and that hypocrisy disguised crime pays.

AMIRITE?

If I found she had been lying and was defrauding me? Yep.

Sports have lost a lot the luster for me over the past 30 because of the doping.

I rarely even watch my beloved Red Sox and Patriots anymore when we get coverage of them here in Virginia.

Did you ever do it?

Would U?

:violin: poor Russia, the mean old USA bully is picking on you

What type of dates do you go on that you are piss testing them?

Hmmm, maybe somebody should invent an app for that.

AMIRITE?

Thanks for playing...REALLY ASININE ANALOGY.

One of the dumbest analogies I've yet seen here. Not shocking considering the source.

What say you?

I don't think you uninvited them, I think you just make sure everyone is tested... its plenty embarrassing ( for the athlete and for the country they represent ) enough if someone wins a medal and then has it taken away.
Besides I'm sure not all athletes from Russia are doping and it would suck if you were one who wasn't cheating and your country got uninvited.

If she were my girlfriend and I found out that she were cheating on me, I would certainly tell her we were not going to the prom. That would be a more accurate analogy.

or worse yet, you found out that your "girlfriend" was a Crying Game dame! that's sort of similar to artificial advantages due to doping

or worse yet, you found out that your "girlfriend" was a Crying Game dame! that's sort of similar to artificial advantages due to doping

Uninviting individual Russians is not the same as uninviting RUSSIA.

Uninviting individual Russians is not the same as uninviting RUSSIA.

well there is overwhelming evidence that the RUSSIAN sports machine is riddled with corruption and there is testimony that the Russian AD body was ignoring positive tests and destroying evidence

Back
Top Bottom