• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Latest Climate Hysteria - Greenland Gets Snow and Lots of It!

JBG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Hurricane Larry Brings Snow to Parts of Greenland and (no paywall) Hurricane Larry Thinks It's a Blizzard. Excerpt from Times article:
New York Times said:
Forecasters said on Saturday that the storm could bring up to four feet of snow in parts of the subarctic island, an event meteorologists described as rare and emblematic of a year filled with extreme weather that has been intensified by climate change. But much of that snow could be in the northern half of the island, Mr. Demant-Poort said.
Snow in Greenland! Who would have thunk it? Maybe if we all stop driving the weather would conform to thirty-year rolling "normal" conditions. See What Exactly is Normal Weather? - WeatherWorks.

Time for some real hysteria.

This must be satire, it's gotta be, I mean seriously, EVERYONE, and I mean even preschoolers, know the difference between Climate and Weather.

SO yeah, this OP has to be satire.
I mean business. We need a lockdown, March 2020 style, to stop climate change NOW! I fear if we'll be alive a year from now.

I mean business. We need a lockdown, March 2020 style, to stop climate change NOW! I fear if we'll be alive a year from now.
I may have misunderstood the purpose of your OP, so I deleted my original reply, it sounded like you were an climate change denier on first read.

I may have misunderstood the purpose of your OP, so I deleted my original reply, it sounded like you were an climate change denier on first read.
I am very much a skeptic of the "Chicken Little" responses to both Covid and climate change. Now may however be a good time for panic and hysteria.

I am very much a skeptic of the "Chicken Little" responses to both Covid and climate change. Now may however be a good time for panic and hysteria.
Ah, so my first instincts were correct.

Hurricane Larry Brings Snow to Parts of Greenland and (no paywall) Hurricane Larry Thinks It's a Blizzard. Excerpt from Times article:

Snow in Greenland! Who would have thunk it? Maybe if we all stop driving the weather would conform to thirty-year rolling "normal" conditions. See What Exactly is Normal Weather? - WeatherWorks.

Time for some real hysteria.
Yeah so what. Global warming brings more precipitation. Greenland normally gets just an annual dusting of snow, measured in inches.

Yeah so what. Global warming brings more precipitation. Greenland normally gets just an annual dusting of snow, measured in inches.
Greenland is an arctic country located between Europe and North America that's famous for being more icy than it is green. ... However, despite the large amounts of snow on the ground, Greenland is very dry and sees very little precipitation throughout the year.

Greenland is an arctic country located between Europe and North America that's famous for being more icy than it is green. ... However, despite the large amounts of snow on the ground, Greenland is very dry and sees very little precipitation throughout the year.
Arctic areas are often so dry they're like deserts. Not far north of me, on the wet coast, annual snowfall is measured in feet, not inches, but in the north snow is like dust.

Hurricanes usually don’t reach Greenland.
You know it and I know it, yet there's really no arguing w/ an AGW true believer. Like they can say that it's not the eye of the hurricane but the fringe of the entire hurricane weather system --thousands of miles away. My experience is that when u try to reason w/ them the convoluted pseudo-logic structures just go on forever, mindless banter that eventually becomes vicious.

Arctic areas are often so dry they're like deserts. Not far north of me, on the wet coast, annual snowfall is measured in feet, not inches, but in the north snow is like dust.
Wikpedia on Glacier girl:
On 15 July 1942 six P-38 fighters were forced to return to Greenland,
The aircraft were forced to make emergency landings on the ice field.
Glacier Girl was eventually buried under 268 feet of snow and ice.

Fifty years later, in 1992, the plane was brought to the surface.

That's over 5 feet of snow and ice per year.

Wikpedia on Glacier girl:
On 15 July 1942 six P-38 fighters were forced to return to Greenland,
The aircraft were forced to make emergency landings on the ice field.
Glacier Girl was eventually buried under 268 feet of snow and ice.

Fifty years later, in 1992, the plane was brought to the surface.

That's over 5 feet of snow and ice per year.
least we forget, it takes quite a bit more snow to compact down to a foot of ice.

Hurricanes usually don’t reach Greenland.
Not as a warm-core hurricane with an eye. But the remnants often do. Hurricanes perform a valuable role of redistributing warm air from the tropics to the higher latitudes. That is one reason that the Northern Hemisphere features a gradual transition transition from tropical to frigid conditions whereas the Southern Hemisphere barely has a Temperate Zone. Antarctica is far colder than the Arctic. The Southern Hemisphere has tropical cyclones, but exceedingly rarely.

In the Northern Hemisphere hurricanes and tropical storms help bring a rather abrupt transfer from placid summer weather patterns to the more active ones of fall.

Where do you think all that snow and ice came from then, artificial snow machines?

You know it and I know it, yet there's really no arguing w/ an AGW true believer. Like they can say that it's not the eye of the hurricane but the fringe of the entire hurricane weather system --thousands of miles away. My experience is that when u try to reason w/ them the convoluted pseudo-logic structures just go on forever, mindless banter that eventually becomes vicious.

Psychological projection BIGTIME!

Back
Top Bottom