• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Late term abortion, how can it be moral?

The fact you guys are conflating the Libertarian Ideology with the Libertarian Party shows you have a very poor understanding of what Libertarianism as an ideology is.

Whereas the Libertarian Party was formed in 1971, the principles of Libertarianism as an ideology has existed arguably since the enlightenment. Many of my positions conflict with those of the Libertarian Party, such as their stance on Abortion, 100% Laizze Faire Economics, Immigration, and the Death Penalty.

When you quote someone, please do not remove the part that sends them a notification. Thanks.

Most late-term abortions are elective.

"Who Seeks Abortions at or After 20 Weeks?" by Diana Greene Foster and Katrina Kimport

Under "Results":

Most women seeking later abortion fit at least one of five profiles: They were raising children alone, were depressed or using illicit substances, were in conflict with a male partner or experiencing domestic violence, had trouble deciding and then had access problems, or were young and nulliparous.

Under "Conclusion" [Bolding mine]:

The body of research on women who have dealt with fetal anomalies or life endangerment during pregnancy describes their stories as narratives of pregnancy wantedness and tragic circumstances. We do not know how accurately these narratives characterize the circumstances of women who seek later abortions for reasons other than fetal anomaly or life endangerment. But data suggest that most women seeking later terminations are not doing so for reasons of fetal anomaly or life endangerment. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1363/4521013

https://www.guttmacher.org/perspectives50/turnaway-study-perspectives

"the characteristics and motivations of women who sought abortions at 20 weeks or later"

20 weeks is not third trimester. It is not even past viability.

While all 3 stories are sad and tragic, ending the life of someone to prevent them from possibly suffering, is playing into the hands of god plus there are plenty of instances where doctors end up being wrong and individuals with those disorders live completely/semi normal lives. I personally don't believe the proper response to tragedy is another tragedy.

1 a zef is not a 'someone'

2 my god is pro choice

Back
Top Bottom