• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Last Week Gaza, This Week Katrina?

leejosepho

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Slightly edited for length, here is an e-mail I have just received:

-------
Subject: Last Week Gaza, This Week Katrina
Date: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:39 AM

Last Week Gaza, This Week Katrina

Greetings my friends.

Are the words of Hosea 8:7 appropriate for today....

“For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind?”

... There are some in Christendom who are proclaiming that hurricane Katrina is but one response from the God of Israel for what the Quartet (US, EU, UN, Russia) has imposed upon the people of Israel, especially the latest "deportation" of Jews from Gaza, including the dead from the cemeteries.
I have posted below ... [an opinion] I received recently from a friend that prompted me to write to all of you. She is not rejoicing, but grieved in her heart that people are hurting ...
She understands this tragedy is a direct result of coercing Israel to divide its God-given land, and the ethnic cleansing of Jews from Gaza just completed. She would agree that America's embrace of legalized abortion, homosexual lifestyles, and embrace of a religious system that is saturated with false doctrines has helped blind it to the truth of Israel and America in prophecy.

The leaders of America are playing with fire when they mistreat the Jewish people and Israel ...
America's betrayal and seduction of Israel will only get worse. Israel's trust in America/Babylon will also deepen, in spite of being warned ...
But woe be unto the person or nation who the God of Israel uses to judge his own people. Biblical history books are filled with examples of how the Gentile kingdoms were destroyed by God after he used them to punish Israel. America's end will be no different, Revelation 18 ...

Furthermore, this whirlwind called Katrina is also a warning to Christendom to repent for the three pillars of pollution they have sown to the wind which are found in 1 John 2:16...
(1) Militant "patriotism" (pride of this life) guided by the "just" war doctrine for Christians.
(2) The "prosperity" gospel (lust of the eyes or the love of money) of the lukewarm Laodecians.
(3) The new age "psycho-babble" (lust of the flesh or love of self and pleasures) of the purpose-driven and possibility-thinking movements.
... these three lies that have completely consumed most in Christendom.

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:54 AM
Subject: We Reap What We Sow

Hello All.

I am going out on a limb with what I am about to say ...
I knew, as this country has pushed the "roadmap to peace" in Israel that for our country there would be dire consequences. And as I watched the people of Gaza Strip driven from their homes, I knew in my spirit there would be very swift (within a few weeks at best) consequences for our country. In case you don't know, the USA is the driving force behind these agreements.
... It was just a couple of weeks ago, that we watched the people of Gaza driven, weeping, from their homes. They were forced to leave their homes on and near the sea, as their government then came in and bulldozed those homes. Where are these people now? ... basically homeless.

Now look at our situation [from Katrina]. Our neighbors on and near the sea have been driven from their homes and their homes have been destroyed. They, too, are weeping and homeless, dependent on the government. One can scoff and say that this is just coincidence, but ...
The Bible says that we reap what we sow, and that those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who curse Israel will be cursed. I have been told by several people that government officials (even up to the VERY top) have been warned of the consequences of forcing Israel to give up land. And I believe that would be like the Lord to warn first.

However, our government did not heed the warning, but pressed on with what seemed right in their own eyes ...
If you need Scripture for a confirmation of "recompense" for removing Israel from its territory, see Joel 3 ...
-------

Note: I did not write the above, and I do not insist it is accurate.

It is an interesting coincidence...

But if those who curse Israel will be cursed, why is Islam thriving? Ever since the first day of nationhood, Israel has been under attack by Islam.

Oy! Even this gets blamed on the Jews! :2razz:

vergiss said:
Oy! Even this gets blamed on the Jews! :2razz:

Quietly: How so, vergiss? I certainly do not claim to understand all the issues here, but neither did I see that there ... and if I had, I likely would not have posted it.

This is just one random coincidence in a series of many, there have been many more coinceninces around the world and in history like this, but more catastrophic, or amazing, Like When Joseph Stalin (CCP General Secretary 1924-1953) was about to purge the jews in his country, suddenly, he died! This is a coincidence too, or one could argue that God Had revenge for the jews or something, there are many coincidences, they are nearly endless, like The Bolsheviks taking over Russia, and Causing much death and misery, then god made hitler go and kill a lot of jews, or something like that...its just coincidences or human results..

Back
Top Bottom