• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Last Tango In Halifax

Andalublue

Hello again!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I've just been watching a TV show that my sister recommended to me, so I caught it on Project Free TV. It's a BBC mini-series from 2012 called Last Tango In Halifax about two people in their seventies who rediscover a love they lost 60 years previously and about the impact that their renewed love has on their loved ones.

I don't know whether I think it's such a perfect little drama because it's set in my home county, and I recognise so well the kind of characters it portrays, or whether it's because it is such a beautiful, real and believable story about real people. Whatever the case, I just wanted to share the title with anyone who fancies checking it out. It's very funny, very moving (I cried twice in each episode) and very life-affirming with pitch-perfect performances from the cast, headed by Derek Jacobi. I really can't recommend it highly enough. For me, this is just about perfect TV.

Project Free TV :: Last Tango In Halifax :: Season 1

Back
Top Bottom