• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Last Demographic Falls: Trump now upside down with White Men.

Sorta. It's difficult to tease out, because he changes his mind a lot. The consistent bits, however, are:

1. A Wall
2. Giving the Executive Branch the power to round up and forcibly deport millions of American citizens at will
3. Expanding the federal role in healthcare
4. Weakening First Amendment protections for those who write mean things about Donald Trump
5. Expanding the ability of the President to pick winners and losers in the marketplace
6. Giving the President the ability to punish private companies; not because they do things that are illegal, but simply because they do things he doesn't like
7. Everyone else is stupid, only Donald Trump is awesome.

8. All shall bow before all mighty Trump.

9. Women shall be excused from bowing before all mighty Trump in favor of kneeling for "aesthetic benefits."

Well done, Trump supporters. You took the most winnable election for the GOP since 1984, and you managed to find the one moron who could possibly destroy it.
Yeah, well.

Neither Trump nor his supporters give a crap about the Republican Party, or the conservative movement.

His supporters are almost as pissed off at Republican elected officials as they are at Democratic ones. Trump has merely chosen to pander to the right rather than the left.

That said, it's not like the GOP has done much to refute many of Trump's positions. They chose to try and court Trump's alienated supporters, rather than make explicit appeals to the constituents he has offended. Many (not all, but many) GOP leaders have also given in to the more xenophobic impulses of "the base" for years.

I.e. if Republicans have turned off Hispanics for a generation -- something I don't think is a given, since that's actually a highly diverse group -- there's only so much they can blame Trump for that outcome.

Well..... :shrug: :(

Well, as you know, Kasich or bust on the GOP end for me, mate.

I was having a somewhat interesting conversation with family members the other day. A politically active family member of mine, because of their social views and many social programs tilts toward the Democrats, but always felt awkward toward them all the same. I was always the one that kept a keen eye on the Republicans, so I was telling them to look out for Jeb and Kasich as their best fits for education, health, and minority issues. Skeptical as they were, when they sat down with me to watch the most recent town hall, they were completely into Kasich when he started talking about mental health issues and reform that needs to take place there. They correctly noted that Cruz, for all his personal experiences, still sees these things through a moral failing lens rather than evidence-based practices. Then they started to unleash their discomfort about Hillary. It wasn't that Hillary wasn't left enough, no, it was that she wasn't much of a team player--i.e. peering into dissenting viewpoints and so forth when making a decision. That was indeed correct, I told them, but when you consider Cruz and Trump, does Hillary's self-assurance really look so intense as it did in the early 90s? Well, no. Anyway, the conclusion they had was "I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if Kasich was in charge."

8. All shall bow before all mighty Trump.

9. Women shall be excused from bowing before all mighty Trump in favor of kneeling for "aesthetic benefits."

Regarding #9, not to mention the fact that - you know - they might be bleeding from you know where..

Well, as you know, Kasich or bust on the GOP end for me, mate.

This election is turning a lot of folks into #Never______'s Pretty much the American people hate the candidates they keep choosing.

That being said, well, if you wanted an uncouth, paranoid, racist bully who keeps enemies' lists, wants to expand the powers and reach of the federal government, and is an economically liberalish Republican, well, there's one of those running. I'm just not sure you mean it when you say you'd like a Nixon Redux, given your rejection of his current, exaggerated incarnation.

This election is turning a lot of folks into #Never______'s Pretty much the American people hate the candidates they keep choosing.

That being said, well, if you wanted an uncouth, paranoid, racist bully who keeps enemies' lists, wants to expand the powers and reach of the federal government, and is an economically liberalish Republican, well, there's one of those running. I'm just not sure you mean it when you say you'd like a Nixon Redux, given your rejection of his current, exaggerated incarnation.

A 2016 version of a Nixon minus the paranoia. Trump is no Nixon. There is not a Disraelian bone in his body.

No, the underlined is what the establishment is trying to do by not supporting the front runner.
The majority of voters in the republican primaries have been anti-establishment. That is the establishment's fault, no one else's.

And all this info on Trump not being supported is irrelevant until after the primaries if he is still in the race, then the polling will be closer to reality.

According to Reuters, since the 28th, Trump is on the upswing while Cruz is on a decline.

Reupol_002.jpg

Reuters Polling
Ah. So, fortunately, the General Election will feature only GOP primary voters, who will have not two but three major candidates to choose from, and nobody else will be voting? Wow - how'd you swing that?

54% of Likely Voters now describe their position as #NeverTrump. It's not the "establishment" refusing to support Trump, it's The People, to include ~half of Republican women, ~half of white men, and more than a third of GOP primary voters.

Ah. So, fortunately, the General Election will feature only GOP primary voters, who will have not two but three major candidates to choose from, and nobody else will be voting? Wow - how'd you swing that?
It is funny that you like trying to put words in peoples mouth they did not say.
It just shows you have no valid argument.

54% of Likely Voters now describe their position as #NeverTrump. It's not the "establishment" refusing to support Trump, it's The People, to include ~half of Republican women, ~half of white men, and more than a third of GOP primary voters.
It is the establishment refusing, and this polling outside of the immediate primaries are irrelevant at this time.

Those numbers will change if he wins the primary.

As already shown to you, amongst Cruz supporters, the majority have Trump as their second choice, which if it holds true, would give Trump the majority of the Republican voters for the Primary if Cruz drops, so again it is the establishment that does not want him.

Back
Top Bottom