• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lars Larson Got 12-Hour Twitter Ban

Lord of Planar

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
One of our local radio talk show hosts who went national a few years back got a 2 hr suspension from Twitter. I see nothing in his post that would warrant such a suspension. The Willamette Week, a local paper, covered this:

https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/01/...r-ban-for-tweet-about-recent-police-shooting/

Now I used to really like Lars before he went national. He has become a pampas arrogant ass like Rush Limbaugh. However, both Rush and Lars are rarely ever wrong in what they say. Just the same, such curtailments of speech shows a clear bias in twitter.

I agree that the post on its own doesn't merit a ban.

Apparently he retweets her with some regularity and when he does his followers give her hell.

If Twitter is media (as in "bias in the media," this section of the forums) we are really screwing up.

One of our local radio talk show hosts who went national a few years back got a 2 hr suspension from Twitter. I see nothing in his post that would warrant such a suspension. The Willamette Week, a local paper, covered this:

https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/01/...r-ban-for-tweet-about-recent-police-shooting/

Now I used to really like Lars before he went national. He has become a pampas arrogant ass like Rush Limbaugh. However, both Rush and Lars are rarely ever wrong in what they say. Just the same, such curtailments of speech shows a clear bias in twitter.

I didn't find anything that would qualify as hate speech.
Just goes to show that those who issue Twitter infractions are biased.

I read he got a 12 hour suspension.

:lol:

There's the degree in climate science.

I really don't know what their point is, because I haven't listened to either of them for some years. I suspect I would agree with them, but I really don't know.

I really don't know what their point is, because I haven't listened to either of them for some years. I suspect I would agree with them, but I really don't know.

So you've really no clue about any of this. The OP is merely a random opportunist victim claim.

Yes, typo on my part. I got the thread title right anyway.

I see you didn't read the link.

Some guy, who you don't listen to, uses Twitter as a means of harassing someone and is suspended. You proclaim everlasting love to Lars and Rush, but withdraw that quickly.

Now you want us to pretend conservatives are victims.

Poor, poor victims.

Because Lars can't use Twitter to harass others.

What a phony load of crap.

Red:
From the rubric article:
According to Twitter's enforcement guidelines, repeated violations by the @LarsLarsonShow account are likely what led to it being banned.​

"We take action at the account level if we determine that a person has violated the Twitter Rules in a particularly egregious way, or has repeatedly violated them even after receiving notifications from us," the guidelines read.

• Did I miss the announcement that Twitter is no longer a privately held, rather than governmentally owned, organization?
    • I ask because the only organizations subject to the 1st Amendment are governmental ones. If one doesn't like the way a private entity manages its operations, one can refrain from using its goods/services.

Blue/Off-Topic:
FWIW, the word you wanted is "pompous." "Pampas" is an ecosystem that spans several South American Countries.

Pampas-map-from-nsf-2.png

Some guy, who you don't listen to, uses Twitter as a means of harassing someone and is suspended. You proclaim everlasting love to Lars and Rush, but withdraw that quickly.

Now you want us to pretend conservatives are victims.

Poor, poor victims.

Because Lars can't use Twitter to harass others.

What a phony load of crap.

What was wrong with his tweet and how was it harrassment?

Because he appeals to authority, and twitter said so.
Twitter does get to say so on its own platform. They literally own it. Maybe you should buy a controlling interest and tell them what to do...

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Fake news

The ban was not because the post was hateful.
"We take action at the account level if we determine that a person has violated the Twitter Rules in a particularly egregious way, or has repeatedly violated them even after receiving notifications from us," the guidelines read.

Twitter does get to say so on its own platform. They literally own it. Maybe you should buy a controlling interest and tell them what to do...

Agreed. They show their bias. That is the point of this.

Fake news

The ban was not because the post was hateful.

Yes, they say that. So you also appeal to authority... I'll bet none of the other incident were any worse.

So you've really no clue about any of this. The OP is merely a random opportunist victim claim.

that's what I was thinking, he probably wasn't even suspended. A 2 hr ban, why would they even bother?

An appeal to authority is valid when the appeal is to an actual and relevant authority
He's mad that liberals thought of Twitter first.

Shhhhhhhh.

An appeal to authority is valid when the appeal is to an actual and relevant authority

They all just regurgitate the IPCC, which lies with facts.

Back
Top Bottom