• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Large hike in regitered voter numbers

kanabco

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Registration is way up. Much higher than last time around at this time (CNN a few mins ago)

Will this help Hillary or Donald?

Hmmm.. What's new? Hillary or Donald?

Registration is way up. Much higher than last time around at this time (CNN a few mins ago)

Are they registering as Republicans, as Democrats, or independents? That should answer the question.

Hmmm.. What's new? Hillary or Donald?

Obviously Trump is what is different. But are most those people registering to vote FOR him or AGAINST him? I personally don't know.

Regitered?
That's funny

Too late. The damage is now unavoidable.

Although my point is more closely associated with immigrants attempting to obtain citizenship status, I thought you might find it relevant.

Pew Research reported on a roughly 13% increase in immigration applications, compared to this time last year, and a 5% increase over this time in 2012. This increase has been attributed, by some advocacy groups, to individuals worried about being deported by Donald Trump and seeking to obtain a completely legal status so that they can vote against him and prevent that risk from ever occurring.

I think the more relevant question is why.

...and nobody's mentioned Bernie Sanders yet.

Although my point is more closely associated with immigrants attempting to obtain citizenship status, I thought you might find it relevant.

Pew Research reported on a roughly 13% increase in immigration applications, compared to this time last year, and a 5% increase over this time in 2012. This increase has been attributed, by some advocacy groups, to individuals worried about being deported by Donald Trump and seeking to obtain a completely legal status so that they can vote against him and prevent that risk from ever occurring.

Until they become citizens, the immigrants can't vote against Donald Trump. It will be up to the rest of us to see to it he never gets to be president.

When people have finally had enough, they register.

When they have really had enough, they vote!

I think people are pretty done with the current crop of DC leaders. They have done nothing good for the people who keep the country's nuts and bolts tight - the middle class.

Back
Top Bottom