• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lara Trump: unpaid workers suffering only "a little pain".

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Suspended
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Ok, so, she's not a politician, but this really does highlight the idiocy of any blue collar worker who truly believing that Trump or anyone in his family really could relate to them. What a rich brat:

“It’s not fair to you, and we all get that, but this is so much bigger than any one person,” she said. “It is a little bit of pain, but it’s going to be for the future of our country, and their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now. I know it’s hard. I know people have families, they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due. But the president is trying every single day to come up with a good solution here and, the reality is, it’s been something that’s gone on for too long and been unaddressed — our immigration problem. “If we do nothing right now, it’s never going to get fixed. This is our one opportunity.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...es-future-our-country/?utm_term=.451aa2ec962f

Of course, all we ever needed to know about this situation is that the house-controlled GOP didn't bother appropriating this funding, nor did Trump ask for it, when they had control. All we ever needed to know that they started squealing "crisis" once the Dems swept the house and they realized they needed some distractions. As this is a terribly stupid fake crisis, we actually know more than that.

We know that a few hundred miles of dinky fence isn't going to do a damn thing. An entire wall wouldn't do a thing. The only way it would work is if you heavily monitored its entire length, but also monitored along the coastline. The amount of infrastructure, supply chains, personnel, etc., necessary make a wall work would be astronomically expensive and a yearly expenditure with no end in sight. And it would STILL only stop 25% of illegals. It won't stop any drugs, either (nor will anything, to be perfectly honest). Ultimately, the best way to address this is through things like nationwide e-verify (ramped up), hugely ramped up enforcement against employers of illegals, a huge ramp up of penalties so getting caught cannot be considered a cost of business. Cut off their reason for coming, you'll see way less. But that would be honest and sensible,.

But no, the federal workers have to risk eviction, risk death by preventable illness, worry about whether they might actually go completely broke and be unable to eat. I'm sure they will find Laura Trump's words comforting and enlightening. :roll:

And yet the Trump's supporters are prepared to blame the police when the bank robber shoots the hostages. After all, the police could have given the bank robbers a helicopter, a submarine, a hundred million bucks, and a bunch of weapons. But they chose not to. Clearly the cops' fault.

What a disgusting stunt.

Lara Trump: **** you.

Sincerely, MP

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals, and people that have lots of problems, and drugs pouring into our country," Trump said. "So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it — the last time you shut it down, it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting it down. And I'm going to shut it down for border security."[FONT=&quot]

https://www.businessinsider.com/government-shutdown-trump-blame-democrats-2018-12
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] And you as well, Trump Sr. Lying swine.

Ok, so, she's not a politician, but this really does highlight the idiocy of any blue collar worker who truly believing that Trump or anyone in his family really could relate to them. What a rich brat:

“It’s not fair to you, and we all get that, but this is so much bigger than any one person,” she said. “It is a little bit of pain, but it’s going to be for the future of our country, and their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now. I know it’s hard. I know people have families, they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due. But the president is trying every single day to come up with a good solution here and, the reality is, it’s been something that’s gone on for too long and been unaddressed — our immigration problem. “If we do nothing right now, it’s never going to get fixed. This is our one opportunity.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...es-future-our-country/?utm_term=.451aa2ec962f

Of course, all we ever needed to know about this situation is that the house-controlled GOP didn't bother appropriating this funding, nor did Trump ask for it, when they had control. All we ever needed to know that they started squealing "crisis" once the Dems swept the house and they realized they needed some distractions. As this is a terribly stupid fake crisis, we actually know more than that.

A few hundred miles of dinky fence isn't going to do a damn thing. An entire wall wouldn't do a thing. The only way it would work is if you heavily monitored its entire length, but also monitored along the coastline. The amount of infrastructure, supply chains, personnel, etc., necessary make a wall work would be astronomically expensive and a yearly expenditure with no end in sight. And it would STILL only stop 25% of illegals. It won't stop any drugs, either (nor will anything, to be perfectly honest).

But no, the federal workers have to risk eviction, risk death by preventable illness, worry about whether they might actually go completely broke and be unable to eat. I'm sure they will find Laura Trump's words comforting and enlightening. :roll:

And yet the Trump's supporters are prepared to blame the police when the bank robber shoots the hostages. After all, the police could have given the bank robbers a helicopter, a submarine, a hundred million bucks, and a bunch of weapons. But they chose not to. Clearly the cops' fault.

What a disgusting stunt.

Sincerely, MP

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals, and people that have lots of problems, and drugs pouring into our country," Trump said. "So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it — the last time you shut it down, it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting it down. And I'm going to shut it down for border security."[FONT="]

[url]https://www.businessinsider.com/government-shutdown-trump-blame-democrats-2018-12[/url]
[/FONT][/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][I][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]

Oh stop it. The Trumps are just like us. I read it all the time from his fan base. He's in tune with us. He cares about us. He's just like us. By extension, so is Lara. She's the one married to the dumb son, or the one who was meeting with Russians during his father's campaign?

There's something ironic about someone married to the trophy hunting rich son of a rich man who inherited millions from his rich father and got even wealthier off the labor of immigrants and Asians talking about this.

Screw her.

We know that a few hundred miles of dinky fence isn't going to do a damn thing. An entire wall wouldn't do a thing. The only way it would work is if you heavily monitored its entire length, but also monitored along the coastline. The amount of infrastructure, supply chains, personnel, etc., necessary make a wall work would be astronomically expensive and a yearly expenditure with no end in sight. And it would STILL only stop 25% of illegals. It won't stop any drugs, either (nor will anything, to be perfectly honest). Ultimately, the best way to address this is through things like nationwide e-verify (ramped up), hugely ramped up enforcement against employers of illegals, a huge ramp up of penalties so getting caught cannot be considered a cost of business. Cut off their reason for coming, you'll see way less. But that would be honest and sensible,.

What a disgusting stunt.

Sincerely, MP

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals, and people that have lots of problems, and drugs pouring into our country," Trump said. "So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it — the last time you shut it down, it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting it down. And I'm going to shut it down for border security."[FONT="]

[url]https://www.businessinsider.com/government-shutdown-trump-blame-democrats-2018-12[/url]
[FONT="]

The right would say that it's Pelosi who is taking hostages. Not only that, she's trying to jet off to Europe while she does it. She doesn't give a damn about her dreamers as she abandons them and Trump's deal. She's not a "master" negotiator or some kind of strategic wizard. She's stopping her dreamers from getting legal. It's all about politics for her. Trump is just trying to do his job (keep America safe). He's winning too, of course.

Also, the reason she doesn't want that SOTU speech is because Trump has a LOT to brag about. It's been an amazing year. Too bad libs choose to look the other way. I feel bad for you. It's a GREAT time in America right now and you should be enjoying it too.

What a disgusting stunt.

Sincerely, MP

[FONT="]

Let them eat cake....

What a twit.

“It’s not fair to you, and we all get that, but this is so much bigger than any one person,” she said. “It is a little bit of pain, but it’s going to be for the future of our country, and their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now. I know it’s hard. I know people have families, they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due. But the president is trying every single day to come up with a good solution here and, the reality is, it’s been something that’s gone on for too long and been unaddressed — our immigration problem. “If we do nothing right now, it’s never going to get fixed. This is our one opportunity

....while the last bit of this is hyperbolic, this isn't a making light of unpaid federal worker's problems; it's recognizing them, and attempting to place them in a broader context where they become worth it. You may disagree with that assessment (I think we are here because everyone is a prideful idiot fighting over a mcguffin), but that doesn't change that that is the case she is trying to make.

Her assessment is wrong. But it's not making light of federal workers' issues.

....while the last bit of this is hyperbolic, this isn't a making light of unpaid federal worker's problems; it's recognizing them, and attempting to place them in a broader context where they become worth it. You may disagree with that assessment (I think we are here because everyone is a prideful idiot fighting over a mcguffin), but that doesn't change that that is the case she is trying to make.

Her assessment is wrong. But it's not making light of federal workers' issues.

Making light as in intentionally mocking them? If so, that's not what I was saying. But I am saying she didn't do much better than that.

But it does go a long way to showing just how little capability these people have to actually understand what the workers are going through. It's way beyond "a little pain" for many of them, especially the poorest (like TSA workers). They're literally worried about things like eviction, and their worries are completely reasonable. An awful lot of people really do live paycheck to paycheck.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think they can go on unemployment insurance or anything. They're technically employed and they're technically supposed to get paid at some point. They don't even have the protections one would have if one got fired and couldn't get a job immediately.

Also, the reason she doesn't want that SOTU speech is because Trump has a LOT to brag about. It's been an amazing year. Too bad libs choose to look the other way. I feel bad for you. It's a GREAT time in America right now and you should be enjoying it too.

LYRgTyn.gif

He can give the speech from the oval office. In true Trump fashion, he doesn’t take no from a woman.

What a disgusting stunt.

Sincerely, MP

And you as well, Trump Sr. Lying swine.
First you start out with the non sequitur of blue collar workers... then an irrational rant reaction to Lara Trump's words.

Where are these contemporary places where walls don't work? And are you trying to posit that we should not then build them around prisons? What about protective barriers around the WH and the Capitol building? Speaking of banks, they shouldn't have vaults either I suppose, just leave the money out in the open where everyone can take only what they need? And quit with the silly inane litany of "it won't stop" anythings. Nothing stops anything 100% of the time, we need walls and other integral preventative measures to try to stop AS MUCH OF IT as is possible.

The dim Dems sure did not do anything but exacerbate the problems when they held the WH and both houses... and slenderman solo was only encouraging the situation with Latin American youths.

Somebody had to finally stand up, recognize the problems and then attempt to at least do SOMETHING. Just throwing your hands up and saying "come on in, we'll leave the unearned benefit lights on" does not solve our problems.

Come on, think, don't just spit Trump hatreds all day and night. Besides being silly, its boring.

The right would say that it's Pelosi who is taking hostages. Not only that, she's trying to jet off to Europe while she does it. She doesn't give a damn about her dreamers as she abandons them and Trump's deal. She's not a "master" negotiator or some kind of strategic wizard. She's stopping her dreamers from getting legal. It's all about politics for her. Trump is just trying to do his job (keep America safe). He's winning too, of course.

You missed the point(s) of the OP entirely. What prevented Trump and/or the House from placing funding for the Great Wall Of Trump in the initial 2018 or 2019 'budget" bill? Why is partially better securing the border going to be more effective than denying employment to illegal immigrants - most of which did not illegally cross the border?

Also, the reason she doesn't want that SOTU speech is because Trump has a LOT to brag about. It's been an amazing year.

Of course. It's been such an amazing two years that Donnie and Mitch and Paulie forgot all about that YUUGE CRISIS on the border. Forgot until November 7, 2018 that is.

:rofl

Of course. It's been such an amazing two years that Donnie and Mitch and Paulie forgot all about that YUUGE CRISIS on the border. Forgot until November 7, 2018 that is.

:rofl

Well, it only makes sense. Trump's Fan Base forgot about it all week while they were peeing in their underpants about an old guy with a drum.

But to your point, that's the point. Trump had 2 years to address this "national emergency" that didn't become an emergency/crisis until the Dems won the House back.

I don't know what's wilder - the fact that a creep like Trump can dupe people, or the fact that there are millions of people in this country who allow themselves to get duped by a creep like Trump.

The right would say that it's Pelosi who is taking hostages.

Of course they would, those making that argument have nothing of merit, so they to lie. They have learned well from their leader Trump.

To make that comparison is an irreducible absurdity.

Woah, that's one bad case of projection you got there.

Perhaps you should take the time to learn about the subject under discussion? Because you obviously don't know what he was talking about. Google "let them eat cake," that will be a good start.

Last edited:
You guys get so mad over the smallest of facts. Its amazing entertainment.....and you supply it for free.....which is the socialist way of doing things. Lmao

Thank you for making us laugh at you. Lmao

Making light as in intentionally mocking them? If so, that's not what I was saying. But I am saying she didn't do much better than that.

But it does go a long way to showing just how little capability these people have to actually understand what the workers are going through. It's way beyond "a little pain" for many of them, especially the poorest (like TSA workers). They're literally worried about things like eviction, and their worries are completely reasonable. An awful lot of people really do live paycheck to paycheck.

Yup. They shouldn't (especially if you are a federal worker, at this point, you should be planning for at least a shutdown a year), but they do.

However, the statement you quote seems to be pretty upfront about that and its consequences:

“It’s not fair to you, and we all get that, but this is so much bigger than any one person,” she said. “It is a little bit of pain, but it’s going to be for the future of our country, and their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now. I know it’s hard. I know people have families, they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due. But the president is trying every single day to come up with a good solution here and, the reality is, it’s been something that’s gone on for too long and been unaddressed — our immigration problem. “If we do nothing right now, it’s never going to get fixed. This is our one opportunity

The benefit she describes (generations will thank them?) is as exaggerated as the sense of urgency (we only get one opportunity?), but she's hardly saying anything along the lines of "well, it's not like it's that big of a deal for these families..." - quite the opposite. I think you are transposing your disagreement with her assessment of whether or not the shutdown is worth it to her description of whether or not federal workers who live paycheck to paycheck are facing problems as a result of it.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think they can go on unemployment insurance or anything. They're technically employed and they're technically supposed to get paid at some point. They don't even have the protections one would have if one got fired and couldn't get a job immediately.

I think you are correct; I don't know it, but that sounds right to me.

You guys get so mad over the smallest of facts. Its amazing entertainment.....and you supply it for free.....which is the socialist way of doing things. Lmao

Thank you for making us laugh at you. Lmao

:) Remember when conservatives got upset at Obama for wearing a tan suit?

"jet off to Europe"? Really you make it sound like a fantasy vacation when in fact it's a trip that Congress takes regularly to the areas of conflict in order to meet with operations strategists and other military in the war zones. It's a trip that several Congressmen have made 18 times, Nancy Pelosi has made the trip 7 times. The fact that Trump divulged information to the public about this top secret trip endangers not only those in the Codel but to those operatives on the ground in the dangerous war zone. Remember that it's Congress that has the authority to declare war and it's up to Congress to stay informed and updated on overseas military operations.

Let's face it, the right is only on here for one reason, to bust the balls of liberals. You have no ideas that don't spring from be afraid. Your party can't or won't govern. You're party is running up the debt, separating families, cutting food stamps and medicaid and making a real mess of not only the government but also immigration which you say you so desperately want fixed. BS.

J98MsUn.png

Come on, it's massively funny that working class republicans are supporting the spoiled New York City gang so feverously.

They have no idea that the Trump's don't care if they eat cake or not.

Back
Top Bottom