• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Landslide: Trump

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kenosha did it. White suburbia may not have cared too much about Portland and Seattle, but now the nonsense has spread to Everytown, USA.

At best he wins exactly the number of EC votes and popular votes as last time. In all likelihood he will get far fewer of the popular vote. To win the election he needs to pull the same trick twice. It's hard, but not impossible.

I think it's a totally bizarre world we live in where Trump's cult followers believe that the decimated economy and social and racial unrest in the streets somehow make the incumbent look good.

America is on fire and in chaos: Trump 2020

I think it's a totally bizarre world we live in where Trump's cult followers believe that the decimated economy and social and racial unrest in the streets somehow make the incumbent look good.

put simply, enough people are smart enough to know where the real blame lies.

put simply, enough people are smart enough to know where the real blame lies.

Of course, just like the 2007/8 financial crisis was Obama's fault, this too will be Joe Biden's fault. America wants a leader that takes responsibility and leads. Blaming everyone else for the mess your country is in while you're president doesn't persuade anyone.

I don't believe any poll matters until we know how many are prevented from voting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kenosha did it. White suburbia may not have cared too much about Portland and Seattle, but now the nonsense has spread to Everytown, USA.

I am not one to count my chickens before they hatch, however In my opinion this election is in fact headed for a Trump landslide. The only question will be how many down ticket benefit there will be for republican senate and house races. Will the GOP Senate hold onto it's majority? Will they retake the House of Reps?

Most of America is actually not on fire and in chaos, just certain lefty run places that sided against their own police and decided not to clamp down on rioting.

No, it hasn’t. My city has non stop BLM protests, and we have not been on TV for rioting and looting.

Lock her up has involved into lock them up and destroy my political dissidents. Two Trump supporters have shot and killed, yet they think the other side is more dangerous. Maga is hate

At best he wins exactly the number of EC votes and popular votes as last time. In all likelihood he will get far fewer of the popular vote. To win the election he needs to pull the same trick twice. It's hard, but not impossible.

Are you sure?

Have you followed the Walkaway movement?

Thanks for the opinion. It does not mesh with the facts. Trump has convinced basically all the doubters while the Democrats are in chaos.

I think it's a totally bizarre world we live in where Trump's cult followers believe that the decimated economy and social and racial unrest in the streets somehow make the incumbent look good. America is on fire and in chaos: Trump 2020
That slogan actually works. The voters understand that only Democrats are allowing the fire and chaos.

Of course, just like the 2007/8 financial crisis was Obama's fault, this too will be Joe Biden's fault. America wants a leader that takes responsibility and leads. Blaming everyone else for the mess your country is in while you're president doesn't persuade anyone.
This is quite an indictment of Obama, though the first statement is odd. No one says the 2007 - 2008 recession was his his fault. President Obama did not take responsibility--he constantly blamed President Bush--nor did he lead. Indeed he had poor relations with members of his own party. The only significant piece of legislation was passed in the first year of his term.

It is shaping up to be a Republican landslide. Trump's foremost attraction was always that he would stand up to the bully. Over the four years, he has not only stood his ground, he has won. Under his leadership the administration has done more for the conservative agenda than anyone since Reagan, leading to record support among Republicans and very high enthusiasm. On the other side, Democrats have embraced anarchy and violence. The bile of their convention shows no hope and no pride, two themes of the Republican convention.

Decimated economy? Up until the pandemic we had the best economy in this nation's hisotry. Even with the pandemic, the economy is better then it was under Obama. As for the social and racist unrest......that's all occurring in inner city cities and states controlled by democrats. Perhaps six decades of LBJ era Great Society programs are the problem. Wake up. Also, admit that you are not truly an independant. Your rhetoric puts you squarely in the hyper-partisan democrat party fold.

Are you sure?

Have you followed the Walkaway movement?

I suggest taking a remedial math class... You could post a video with 1,000 people who supposedly walked away and it would still be a rounding error. The mid-term turn out in 2018 was 116 million, I expect the turnout this election to set a record.

I do not see any conservatives blaming "Hussein" Obama for the 2008/8 financial crisis. The roots for that crisis go all the way back to the late 1970s, starting with the perhaps well intentioned but misdirected Community Re-investment Act, signed into law b former president Jimmy Carter.Obama's party does get the lions share of the blame for that crisis.

I don't believe any poll matters until we know how many are prevented from voting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No legally registered voters in America are being prevented from voting.

had a Democratic president bumbled us into these multiple disasters, we'd be missing a few states by now.

had a Democratic president bumbled us into these multiple disasters, we'd be missing a few states by now.
You are blaming the president for a natural disaster. How rational is that?

Most of America is actually not on fire and in chaos, just certain lefty run places that sided against their own police and decided not to clamp down on rioting.

Agreed. I live in a red state. There have been protests since Floyd's death, however they are almost exclusively peaceful. Our mayor an police allow them to protest peacefully, but do not allow them to cross the line into violence or looting.

You are blaming the president for a natural disaster. How rational is that?

I didn't blame him for a storm. I'm blaming him for mismanaging every crisis. He has been hopelessly incompetent, and his incompetence was entirely predictable.

...more like 'Landfill: Trump/Dump'

I suggest taking a remedial math class... You could post a video with 1,000 people who supposedly walked away and it would still be a rounding error. The mid-term turn out in 2018 was 116 million, I expect the turnout this election to set a record.

We agree on one thing. The turnout for the 2020 election will break records. And Trump will be the candidate that benefits from that.

Agreed. I live in a red state. There have been protests since Floyd's death, however they are almost exclusively peaceful. Our mayor an police allow them to protest peacefully, but do not allow them to cross the line into violence or looting.

I live in a rather blue city in a red state and even here, there is no way our local leaders would just allow night after night of rioting.

I didn't blame him for a storm. I'm blaming him for mismanaging every crisis. He has been hopelessly incompetent, and his incompetence was entirely predictable.

That is a hopelessly partisan take on your part. Where exactly has he mismanaged any crisis? There have only really been two. The massive illegal immigrant caravans and Covid 19. Illegal Immigration is now at historic lows and according to Dr Fauci and Dr Birk, Trump has done well in handling the pandemic.

We agree on one thing. The turnout for the 2020 election will break records. And Trump will be the candidate that benefits from that.

Please, please, please be right.

Back
Top Bottom