• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lamestream Media Death Spiral…

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Lamestream Media Death Spiral… Confidence in Newspapers and TV News Trends Downward

by Jim Hoft
June 19, 2013

400x265xfishwrap.jpg.pagespeed.ic.TJW3vRume6.jpg
Still good for fishwrap

Lamestream Media death spiral…
Americans continue to lose confidence and newspapers and television news.
Via US News and World Report:
Continuing a decades-long downward trend, fewer than one-fourth of Americans have confidence in newspapers, according to a recent Gallup poll.

The percentage of Americans saying they have “a great deal” or “quite a lot” of confidence in newspapers dropped to 23 percent this year from 25 percent last year, according to a report on the poll, which was released Monday.

American confidence in newspapers reached its peak at 51 percent in 1979, and a low of 22 percent in 2008.

But newspapers don’t stand alone. Confidence in television news has also been slipping — it’s tied with newspapers this year at 23 percent, which is slightly up from last year’s all-time low of 21 percent. Newspapers and television news rank near the bottom of a list of 16 “societal institutions,” according to the report. The only institutions television news and newspapers beat out this year are big business, organized labor, health maintenance organizations and Congress. Americans expressed the most confidence in the military, at 76 percent, and small businesses, at 65 percent.​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Lamestream Media Death Spiral… Confidence in Newspapers and TV News Trends Downward | The Gateway Pundit

No one can deny that the newspaper and TV news industry has slipped in the last few years. Especially when the Fourth Estate has been infiltrated and taken over by Progressive Left ideology.

My local paper sucks. It has less to do with journalistic integrity and more to do with it is mostly ads and wire filler stories with very few articles of local or even state interest. Ever since the local family that once owned it sold it to a media company, the quality declines with each re-sell to a new company. It is currently owned by Warren Buffet's crowd. I look at the front page & front page of sports, seldom reading the stories, the weather and the obits and that is it.

My local paper sucks. It has less to do with journalistic integrity and more to do with it is mostly ads and wire filler stories with very few articles of local or even state interest. Ever since the local family that once owned it sold it to a media company, the quality declines with each re-sell to a new company. It is currently owned by Warren Buffet's crowd. I look at the front page & front page of sports, seldom reading the stories, the weather and the obits and that is it.

Our local paper has gone completely local. The problem for us is that there isn't enough there to handle the needs of our paper trained dog.

Our local paper has gone completely local. The problem for us is that there isn't enough there to handle the needs of our paper trained dog.

Yeah ours is pretty sad on the quantity too--often between 12-16 pages (i.e. 2 double sheets for the front and back and one double-sided page in between with an occasional extra double-sided page or 2 except on Sundays which might balloon to 30 or so pages. I would rather they just went to a couple-three days a week and actually have something in there worth reading for me other than to find out whether or not I died yet. The county-wide paper only comes out once a week and it is mostly local/state stuff and is a better paper unless you need your daily comic/puzzle fix. but it doesn't have much city coverage.

Back
Top Bottom